Old 10-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #1  

Default Summer Starters 11/01/05

Ok ladies new month and new goals. As always anyone is free to join our active supportive group!
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #2  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

congratulations on meeting your goal kayelle! that is awesome!
melissa, hugs to you about logan and kate. what a relief the baby is in a safe place now. i totally feel you about the bail. wtg on the candy. i wish i could say the same about myself. i had five pieces (we bought the cheap tiny bulk stuff, so not too bad.) the real killer was the ice cream dh bought. he has taken a liking to this ice cream that has 350 calories per half cup. holy cow!! but it's really, really good (unfortuantly for my waistline, i know this from experience. grrr.)
well, i tell myself that eating this tofu shirataki instead of rice all the time makes up for it. i guess the scale will be the judge of that. oh well, as scarlett said. bring it, november!
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #3  

Well, went to the doc yesterday. Most of the news was good news. The best was that the test that shows diabetes came back normal, if it comes back normal after 3 more months, she thinks that maybe the test another doc did that said I was diabetic might have been wrong!!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed, that would be a huge burden off my mind. The rest of my labs were all back to normal except for my cholesterol. The bad news was I gained back 5 pounds. I really wasn't surprised after the October I had. Oh well, new month, new day!!!
Does anyone know where Melra is??? I miss reading her posts.
Melissa, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm glad you got her son out of that situation. I know he will thrive at your house with all the love that you show. I know that we are scattered all over the country but I know everyone here has you in their thoughts and prayers. Have a great November everyone, it's birthday month for me, actually falls on Thanksgiving day this year, so that will be a doubly tough day as my Mom always makes me a chocolate cheesecake for my bitrhday
Have a good week everyone.

Suzette
MistyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! Well I had 0 candy and really hardly got to eat yesterday and that darn scale still hasn't gone down. Logan slept pretty good as soon as I brought him into bed with me. He hates for me to be out of his sight. Today is going to be interesting. 3yr old 2 yr old and 5 mo-man oh man. Here I thought getting in the shower was interesting before. Well I can do this. Other grandma just emailed me and she is bringing a portable crib and some clothes for Logan so I think I will get Logan either some kind of excersaucer or highchair. He likes to see what is going on and I can feed him in it too. Man I think I am getting too old for this stuff ya know? I am feeling like the old woman who lived in a shoe. 4 kids and no sex. Of course I didn't have to prego and go through labor either. Ok off to be busy as usual here. New month new beginnings and lets get going!
Melissa
Old 11-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #5  

Melissa-I am glad Logan is finally safe with you. I do think Kate should find her own way out of her own mess. It might be the only way for her. I regret the number of times I helped my grown up kids out of their mistakes and they learned nothing.

Melra is missing!!

Let's all make this new month a good one.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #6  

Yes Melra is missing! I am already ready for a nap! Kate has started calling the family for bail money but no one is giving it to her. She wanted me to go to her drug house and see if her loser boyfriend would bail her out. Funny how she has bailed him out at least twice and now she is in jail and he is nowhere to be found. Well I am opening a new chapter in my life here and I may be a bit quiet for a few days as I try to get a new rhythm going here. I am so out of small baby mode. If you don't see me, I really am here just getting everyone used to each other here.
melissa
Old 11-01-2005, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Melissa, you are way stronger than I am, because I have been into the candy a little. Getting lots of exercise as well, so hopefully I'll just balance out today. But no more. I hid it away and hopefully we can all just forget about it and let it all rot.

Misty, can you tell your mom you don't want the cheesecake this year? Tell her to create you something equally yummy that is healthy. She might be willing to do something different if she sees that you really are making changes and want to keep to it. Or, if there is a way to change ingredients a bit to slim it down some, that might work as well.

Melrrrrraaaaaa where are youuuuuuu? There's no giving up in our group, come back!!!!!!

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I can't believe it's November already! It's going to take some serious willpower to get through the next couple of months ladies. Seems like this time of year there are a million and one reasons to overeat...holidays, long boring winter nights, baking just to warm up the house, you name it and you can find a reason to chow down. Just remember that there are just as many reasons to stay on target! Stay on track everyone...we've come to far to start going backwards now!

Melissa ~ You're in my thoughts and prayers...I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. Hang in there and stay strong...you're doing the right thing.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 PM   #9  

Yah a new month, a new goal and a new me. I am moving this weekend so I have lots to pack and get done. I gave in to the ex for sex have to rember to say that to myself. Oh well life goes on, I know it is safe and good, so better than someone else that I don't know where theve been or what they got, for now anyways. I will have to move on and stick to my guns and say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hopfully moving will make it easier, cause I'm movin to the counrty. I got geared to income housing which is great, I have a some what good job but I also have three kids. I am getting very excited to a new chapter in my life.

My goal this month will be Curves 3 X's a week and try for a 10 workouts weather it be videos, walks or on the ball with the tubing, 10 of something. I figure the moving will be two days of moving ( physical movin so that should count for somthin, not sure what it should count for, mabe just bonus exercise)

Well take care, keep up the good work and yah new month, new goals and new us's, or smaller us's.
Ice Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #10  

Congrats Kayelle on reaching goal! What an inspiration you are!!!!!

Melissa you are a saint. I hope everything goes well with little Logan and you are all settling in together. I am sorry your daughter is in the situation she is in. Hopefully this will smarten her up to get some help.

I (unfortunately) did not stay away from the candy yesterday - but have today. I thin it was a brief moment of weakness!

I am pretty much on plan and have been exercising. I am setting my goal for November lower - 2 lb loss. I am not going to kid myself - Nov & Dec are my worst months!

New month and new goals! Good Luck to all!!!
StillTrying923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #11  

Theresa - throw the candy out. Hiding it is no good cause it will call to you. Before you throw it out, put dishwashing soap on it so it can't be retreived.
Melissa- I hope you sleep tonight. Logan sounds like he has been waiting for you to come and get him out of crazyland. - Sweet little boy.

We are traveling again on Friday for 9 days - 4 days in Paris to attend a trade show, and then 4 days to ourselves. We will probably drive South and visit a friend. My goal is to do my best to stay OP, but if I go over my 1200 calories, it's ok cause it's really hard when we are out especially if there are dinners with our customers and menus that I can't totally figure out and great food to try. My French was never very good and now it's also rusty. So I guess my goal is to not gain at all and possibly lose a bit cause we will be very active. I have a book of walking tours in Paris
I have to look nice on this trip. No sweats or big shirts so tomorrow I have to go thru everything I own and hope to be able to put together some nice looking stuff. No sneakers either. French women really do look good and I don't want to look like a dork. I wish I could just open a closet and pull out fabulous size 8 things and go off happy. I ate myself into size 16 and there are consequences. I did get a good haircut and color last week, so that part of me looks fine.

My dog is an old guy and I don't want to put him in a kennel, so luckily a friend will stay in the house so that's one less worry. But now I have to clean the house cause he will be here and I don't want him to think I am a slob. That's ok cause it's nice to come home from a trip to a clean house.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 PM   #12  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

(((Hugs))) Melissa- you are so strong cause i would have been into the candy with all that going on. Bless you for being so caring. it's so hard to not help our older kids when they get into trouble. maybe this will scare her straight. and I would certainly think the baby is better off with you and out of an enviroment that was not healthy.
I had a minor stress compared to everyone elses stress today and i didn't eat candy but i ate two handfuls of goldfish- and then i thought how stupid can i get like 2 handfuls of goldfish can fix what is wrong??? ( stupid electric company changed due dates and didn't tell anyone and we got a surprise pay now or get shut off bill today. Normally our bill is due the 18th of every month and i have bill pay But nooo they changed everything -oh well I will come up with the $$ somehow and not panic. I mean my eating bad will not make the electric bill go away)
YAY! to everone making goals- I am exercising. I am soo happy Oct. is over. I got up at 6 and did 40 minutes of bike riding and aerobics. Oh did I have rubber legs I am not going to ALLOW gravy, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie etc.. to rule my November and I will NOT sabatoge my weight loss just because it's a holiday.
Theresa- NO CANDY NO CANDY NO CANDY.... Keep repeating- same goes for everyone else
Laura- France?? Wow! what was the name of that book?? french women don't get fat?? there was a big write up on it recently.
Hmmmm Maybe we should have a Melra search?? I hope all is ok with her?? we seem to lose people all the time.
Good job all and we are all so awesome
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I feel sick to my tummy tonight I didn't eat near enough candy to make this hurt, but who knows since I haven't had anything sweet like that in two months Hubby said maybe I'm pregnant but I know it's not that kind of feeling, this is a ate wrong feeling, though other then the little bit of candy I was OP today and yesterday. Who knows, hopefully the stomach virus is not going to pay us a visit.

Laura, I am so jealous of you...PARIS!!! Have tons of fun and don't worry about the scale while you're there, just enjoy the trip and I bet you'll come out okay.

I know I wanted to say something to a few other people, but if I don't go to bed i might throw up here but I did get in 10 miles today, so at least that's a good start to Nov.

Theresa
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 AM   #14  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

have fun in paris laura! the walking tours sound like they will be awesome.
melra, where are you???
sandy, what is it with these companies and their weird due dates? people should be able to count on their due dates for planning their money. we had a credit card that always due on a different day every month. i think it was deliberate so people would forget and they could charge their crazy expensive late fee all the time. at least that is over with. sheesh.
i had a little candy today but no ice cream at least. next time i am going to insist on the light stuff because i can't resist ice cream if we have it and 170 calories is ok but not 350. i need to get that scale moving if i want to meet my mini-goal by dec. 19. not much time left.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 09:46 AM   #15  

Hello everyone! Well I did dip into the candy by late afternoon but didn't go overboard. Still trying to find a rhythm here. I think it will go a bit better when I get Logan an excersaucer. He loves to stand up and see what is going on so maybe I can get some stuff done around here. All I managed was to get Halloween put away and the dishes and pick up toys a bit. Man I forgot how much babies are work! Love him to pieces though. He has a really nice disposition and he adores Joshua. Josh walks in the room and Logan lights up. I guess Kate was released either yesterday or it will be today. Apparently her loser boyfriend was supposed to be taking care of Logan and what a fine job he did too. The Enrique (caseworker) is going to court this morning to petition that Logan stay here and then he is supposed to call me and let me know what is going on and Kate is not supposed to be anywhere near here. Little guy got me up at 530 this morning, had a diaper change and some bottle and he is crashed back out but I am still awake now lol. I will be glad when Friday is here and his crib and some clothes. He wears the same size as Amanda who is 2 and while he is a handsome fella, pink really isn't his color. I take him to the doctor tomorrow morning for a checkup. He has not been to the doctor since he was born! No excuse either as Kate had medical coupons for him. So now I go through the joy of shots ect for him. I am going to get the menu thing going here again too. I wasn't too bad yesterdy other than the few pieces of candy but not as precise as I like to be either. I have been basically eating while standing and doing other things too. I know it will be fine as things settle down and we get into a routine ect here. Just pray that God gets me a bigger car. I hate to move Odessa to the front seat so I can get the other two carseats in the back. I am going to need to get a wrist attachment thing too so she can walk beside me while the other two are in the stroller. This should prove to be interesting to say the least. Ok I am going to try and do a couple things before kids start waking up here. TTFN!
Melissa