Old 10-31-2005, 06:32 PM   #1  
Big Ol' loser

Smile HELP ME :) ...halloween help needed

Today was ds2's halloween party at daycare. He came home with lots and lots of junk. The sitter gave dh a big bowl of harvest trail mix with p/butter ritz, pretzels, peanutbutter gooey stuff all over it with candy corn - it was awful but it was a big open bowl and dh said try that its so good well it was good- very good-too good. Sweets to me are the worst.
I can't even explain what I have done since i've been home from work. Maybe if I use this thread to confess what I have done I will quit!

So I ate a few bites of the trail mix.(like I said open bowl) then there was another bowl with a cupcake in it and after dh walked out the door I ate the icing and threw the cupcake away-I am so pathetic!! Then I was putting away my lunch bag 10 minutes later and was combining ds2's treat bags into one big bag and well I thought I'll have a kit kat. Where is that little voice? I'm not hearing it tell me to stop! So then I was sitting here and ds2 brought up a chocolate eye ball to unwrap so I unwrapped it and he said 'ewww yucky' and of course it was chocolate with fudge in it. I finally just took some vitamins and I'm drinking green tea. After trick or treating I'm gonna hide in the bedroom and have dh hide it all, I thought I could handle it but I can't. And all I was supposed to eat was a reese's but there weren't any THANK GOODNESS HUH?
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:41 PM   #2  
Big Ol' loser

Okay I brushed my teeth and I am prepared to gargle with listerine. After that if that doesn't work I will use a tsp of vinegar.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Paint your nails. Keeps your hands occupied and you can't fool with the wrappers or you'll mess up your nails.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:33 PM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Pack it up.. put it in your car and take it for the teachers at your ds's day care tomorrow.

Good Luck!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #5  

It sounds like you've taken steps to stop snacking tonight so just remember that tomorrow is another day. Maybe have your son sit down and pick out the candy that he doesn't like and you can at least throw that away. I don't usually have much trouble avoiding the candy I know the kids enjoy - I'd feel awful if they came home from school and their buckets were empty. But, it is hard not to pick at the stuff that I know they won't eat. So, my husband takes what he wants to work and the rest gets put in the garbage.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

It actually sounds like you didn't eat that much. I think to the eater it often feels like more. Personally I think that's because of how much time we spend thinking about it and trying to shut up the little voice inside our heads calling us...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:34 PM   #7  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I'm a little late with this. It doesn't sound that bad. Hopefully things have gotten better. Just remember, tomorrow is another day. Don't get too caught up in "breaking plan" tonight or it may lead you to more trouble tomorrow.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:25 PM   #8  
Big Ol' loser

Thanks guys!

Went trick or treating. Quite a long walk. Then went visiting friends and family.
I came home, inspected the candy. Told ds11 to put his candy away then put ds2 candy in ziplock bags. One with dh fav candy to take to work. One with all the gummy stuff for ds 2 and the last bag was all the stuff dh doesn't like and told him to hide it.

I thought I was gonna never stop earlier in my head I was thinking what am I doing??? Brushing my teeth did the trick so I'm gonna remember that!!

I haven't eaten anymore candy tonight and the rest is all hidden from me!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:15 AM   #9  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi, I'm late to this thread, as usual. Congrats on having the will power and holding out when it came down to crunch time.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:34 AM   #10  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
I think to the eater it often feels like more. Personally I think that's because of how much time we spend thinking about it and trying to shut up the little voice inside our heads calling us...
wow.. you are so right!! I probably spend 5-10 times the time thinking about the damage I want to do!! Excellent point - I had never thought of that.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote