General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 11:09 PM   #1  

Hi everyone! I just weighed in today at WW. It's been 6 weeks since my last time. I lost 3 more lbs. That's 28 now and I'm feeling so happy about it. I continue to use 40pts a day (or about 35..banking the rest and having a treat). I continue to do Yoga and have all new clothes !! (Thanks to my DH). But the BEST part of all of this is the fact that my blood tests to see if I"m diabetic came back NORMAL. NO DIABETES!!
It has not been easy as I have such a sweet tooth.....but it's worth the effort and I'm enjoying a nice amount of calories a day!!!
I hope my continued success will inspire everyone to know that WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!
Hang in there with me!
Old 03-05-2001, 08:48 AM   #2  

Congratulations on your accomplishments! Sounds like you have adapted the best of Weight Watchers and made it work for you. I think most plans are adaptable. Keep up the good work.

Elaine
Old 03-05-2001, 01:08 PM   #3  

fortypoints: What is your actual point range and how much to do you have to lose?
Donna
Old 03-06-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  

40 points? Usually people that weigh more than 350 lbs are allowed 32-37 points. Or if you are a nursing mom.
If you are losing weight right now, that is great, but I hope you realize when you get down to your ideal weight, points will be limited to about 20-25 pts.
Right now I am eating 24-29 pts per day, and find that satisfying. You will not be able to keep losing at 40 pts though.

Olga
Old 03-06-2001, 01:46 PM   #5  

Olga,

It's incorrect to make blanket generalizations and assume that they apply to everyone. In my experience there are people who can eat more points than the WW recommended range of points and still lose weight. Also, the amount of points that you need to maintain your weight can be much different than someone else due to a variety of factors. I personally can maintain my weight by eating between 35-40 points. I say to fortypoints to keep eating as much as you can for as long as you can. If you continue to lose eating 40 points, then go for it! Why eat less if 40 points is working? If there comes a time when you stop losing weight, then one of the things you can try is to lower your points range until you start losing again. Making this program work for you is what this is all about. Best of luck!

Elizabeth
Lifetime member since 5/93
Old 03-06-2001, 01:52 PM   #6  

Amen, Elizabeth!

Fortypoints,

Yeah! Keep up the good work! I just want to chime in that I'm one of those people who lost her weight by eating way above the WW recommended points range (38pts). For some of us, it can be done and is well worth the effort to try. When I found myself shift into the lower WW points range, I didn't shift my points any lower because I thought, "Heck, I'm still losing weight, so why change?" My strategy was to keep eating as much as I could while still losing weight (and basically ignoring the WW ranges.) Sure, you might have to decrease your points somewhat as you go down the scale, but I think as long as you're losing weight (even slowly like .5lb/week) you should focus on eating as much as you can. If you're like me, when you get to your goal you'll be maintaining at a very comfortable points level (which for me is about 42pts without exercise).
Old 03-07-2001, 07:02 PM   #7  

You are absolutely right Elizabeth!
I should have just congratulated you, and kept my comments to myself. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Olga
Old 08-27-2001, 09:47 AM   #8  

Default 40 points.....one year later.....

Hi again everyone! I just wanted to share more about my efforts and success with WW's plan ... using 40 points a day. It's been a year now that I've done this and I've lost 38 lbs. That's less than a lb. a week and the last 5 lbs I lost was over a few months. I still eat the same (40pts) and still lose a little. I don't weigh at WW any more. Just when I see the Dr. I realize that not everyone can do this but I believe that keeping the pts. higher helps my metabolism.....plus I practice yoga daily. I'm 57 years old..........so I'm thrilled with the "new" me. And a note about using 40 pts......when we eat healthy food in this quantity I think we are more apt to lose weight than if the choices were too many treats.........but I have my treats too!!!!!!! Moderately.
Old 08-28-2001, 02:25 PM   #9  

Fortypoints, I'm so happy for you!
Old 08-30-2001, 11:47 AM   #10  
CIN

I think it is totally AWESOME that you are eating and losing on 40 points daily!

I am a Lifer and maintain well with about 32 points.I often tell members that if they would just track..even if ABOVE points.they would still lose......its the people that do not record that fail to lose or sometimes they do not record every bite of food!

Happy for you! tHANKS FOR YOUR INSPIRATION!

WW Cin
Old 08-31-2001, 09:45 AM   #11  

Default success with 40 pts

Thank you for your encouragement!!! I agree that "just counting" helps. Keeps us aware of what we're doing/eating.
The best reward for this effort is good health. So here's to GOOD HEALTH TO ALL!!!!!!!
Closed Thread