Old 10-26-2005, 05:04 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default new mommies?

A while back there was a whole bunch of us pregnant - like a lot of us! How are all the new mommies doing?

Me? ... I still want sleep! Elijah has a new nickname - Eli, the destroyer! He is almost 9 months old!! He has been crawling since the day before he turned 6 months. He is almost standing on his own!! I expect him to be walkin by Christmas.

I would love to hear how the rest of you are doing --> inca's momma & 2lose85, just to name a few.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Not a new Mommy by any stretch of the imagination, but what you wrote reminded me of when my son was little. He walked at 9 mos., and was running by 10 mos., but wasn't yet under "voice control." I had him in a mommy and me swimming thing, and when I was in the dressing room getting out of my swimsuit, he decided to take off out of the locker area and down the hall. So when I hear of kids walking early, I have to chuckle. I would have been much happier had he walked late!!

Gretchen is pretty busy with work and the baby, but hopefully she'll be back now and again. Haven't seen Inca's Momma in quite a while. Mabear posted the other day, I believe. Hopefully as their kids get older, we'll see them more often.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey there! I'm hanging out! Being a mom is very time consuming.. I actually have him with me here at work today! I do that occasionally. He's pretty good too. He's a little over 3 months old now, and he's sleeping through the night.. at least about 8 hours. It's great. We're finally getting into a routine.

I've got to get my butt in shape soon. We're going on a family vacation in March. I have gained so much weight, I am totally back to square 1. Hopefully I can catch the "bug" here and get back in the groove. I love my little guy though... I'll post some recent pics this weekend.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:43 PM   #4  
maintainer wannabe

Hi. Hopefully I'll actually get this posted. I'm really slow at posting and I seem to have a lot of interuptions. . .

I'm doing great. I recently realized that I wasn't eating enough. I forgot how many calories just breastmilk alone is. Its almost 600 cals for the average baby. I was eating 1500. Oops. I was losing slowly then stopped. I was sleeping more and more. My dh is on parental leave so letting me sleep.

Dana its good to see you back

Gretchen its funny how much time someone so small takes huh? I'm sure you'll get back in the groove. Having a baby, specially a first, is a huge life change. After you and Dana have your 11th's I'm sure you'll get back faster. Actually that was a huge worry of mine since I know what its like. It doesn't matter now. A break isn't a problem unless you really want 11

Sheila I saw your post months ago in the yadda thread. I meant to post since then but never got around to it. I did update Robyn's page with the pictures I meant to post.

Robyn is doing great. She is pretty demanding for one of mine or I just have energy now so resent sitting at the 'puter all day nursing? lol She is growing well which is a relief since I'm "dieting" and I had problems last time.

Catherine mom to 11
mabear's homepage
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What a happy little face that girl has!!

So I was watching Discovery Health, I think, fascinated by a family that was on their 15th kid. At the end of the hour, they mentioned that the Mom was pregnant with their 16th child, and there'd be another show about the family next spring. As a family project, they were building a 7,000 square foot house. Oh, my!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #6  

I'm here and alive Things at work have been really hectic and being a single mom is very hard and trying to my patience (cause I have none). I'm extremely overwhelmed right now and trying to deal with a few tough issues so weightloss is not even something I am worrying about right now. Ryan is a wonderful baby and he is getting his first tooth already!!!! UGH! IF anyone ever is looking for me please send me a PM and it will show up in my e-mail which I do check all the time.

Last edited by Inca's Momma; 05-15-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Inca's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:19 AM   #7  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Sorry to intrude! I'm not a new mommy but I had to sneak a peek because I knew there would be some cute baby pictures. What adorable children! And Kimberlie, I have never seen a smile that big on a baby! So cute! End of intrusion...
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Here's some recent photos of Carson. He's doing well, and sleeping through the night! He is amazing. Im a happy mom.. overwhelmed at times, but happy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010050.JPG (14.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010045.JPG (16.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010051.JPG (10.4 KB, 22 views)
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Catherine: She is just beautiful. Such cute cheeks.
Kimberlie: Thanks for taking time to update us. Ryan is one handsome baby. I agree that he has a huge smile. I couldn't imagine being a single mom.
Gretchen: Carson is getting so big. It's hard to believe he was a preemie. He too has those cute cheeks.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 PM   #10  
Laura

The cutest babies EVER!!!

Hang in there new Mommies! It's a lot of work - but rewarding (as you've already figured out). (((HUGS)))
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote