Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Buddies looking to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas

Hello everyone, we have moved from Looking to lose big so more people can join us if they like. We are a group who are supporting each other with a weight loss goal from now until christmas. We started 2 weeks ago but there is plenty of time to join on in. I hope to see a lot of you coming by to share your weight loss with us and to help cheer everyone on!

Last edited by Sheri~C; 10-25-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

So which thread are you on? I am looking to lose about 17 more pounds by Christmas. My goal is 20. Have 3 down. I would like to join your group.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:00 PM   #3  
Losing for Life!

Anniefannie,

This is the new thread so this is where you post. I am trying to get 20 off by the 20th of December as that is the closest weigh in before the 25th. I have just under 15 pounds to go so I am hoping that everyone will help me stay on track.

I look forward to helping cheer you on too
Old 10-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #4  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone! I am looking to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. I figure that 5 pounds a month should be a realistic goal. I initially wanted to lose 15 pounds by January 8th, but I don't think that is going to happen.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #5  
Losing for Life!

Fishwoman

Happy you have join us. We are all going to try hard to reach our goals by the holidays. If you have any particular challenges let us know, maybe someone here has an answer that is right for you.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #6  
Movin on down the scale

Can I join??? I want to loose a touch more than 20, I want to loose 22 pounds by Christmas/New Years so this would be a good place for me I think......SO can I sign up too??
Old 10-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #7  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

My goal is to get off 20 by Christmas morning. Funny how my weigh in day is the 25th. But I am really going to be happy if I can get into Onederland by then. I am so anxious to hit 199. That is going to be a great accomplishment for me. I can't remember that last time that I weighed in under 200. I know back in 1992 I was 181. I used to think that I was so fat. Boy what I would give to be at 181 again. I know that I can do it. I just have issues of trying to sabotage myself sometimes. Mostly with exercising. I eat well for the most part but on occasion I do stray and have something that I shouldn't but I don't usually let it bother me because I know it happens and tomorrow is another day. So I am hoping I can get lots of support and motivation to hit my goal.

So I am not any particular diet. Kind just watching calories, watching what I eat. I have cut out soda. I haven't really drank regular soda for a few months now. I might have an occasional dt. soda(once a week) just to have something, but I try to stick with water, tea and my lemonade crystal light.

I look forward to getting to know all you and helping to encourage you all to get to your Christmas goals.

Hi Fishwoman. Glad to see ya aboard.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #8  

Default Back in the saddle again!

Hello Everyone:

Lost 35 pounds a little over a year ago on Atkins and want to lose about 40 more. I started the Induction phase three weeks ago and was discouraged because the scale did not budge at all and I was in ketosis. I gave up but have decided to give it a try once again. I am new to participating in a form and hope this will help me stay motivated. Now I doubt if I'll lose all forty by Christmas but if I lose at least 15, I'll consider that the best Christmas present of all!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #9  

20 or more by Christmas would be the best gift I could give myself. Ive been on Nutri-System for a while and have lost on that. The last 20 or so seem to be the hardest to lose.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #10  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Can I join?!

It'd be so nice to finally have a "group" to belong to -- I tend to wander the boards aimlessly posting...

I've lost 47 lbs so far, and I'd definitely like to lose at least 7 lbs -- and hopefully more -- by December 23, which is when I fly to the UK for Christmas. I'd love to be at goal (or even below!) by then! I lose at a rate of about 1/2 lb to 1 lb a week, and Christmas is what? Eight weeks away? So even 7 lbs might be a challenge for me. I'll give it a try, though!

I'm not following an organized plan (like WW, etc.) I watch my carbs and fats, aim for 100 grams of protein a day, and do cardio and weight training 3 times a week.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-25-2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #11  

I would also like to join this group. I would seriously like to lose about 7 lbs. by Christmas. I'm 136 as of today at a short 5 ft. So here goes nothin... well hopefully some pounds. Good luck all.
~Gina
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 PM   #12  

Hey guys! I'm new here (well I've been checking out the website for a bit but I'm newly registered) and I'm hoping to lose 15 by Christmas. I'm a senior in college and have put on those extra pounds in college. I'm a tiny girl so it does add up...and I just want to get back into the healthy habits I used to have. And I have one BIG motivation....for our family christmas gift, we are going to the BAHAMAS....woo hoo...
Old 10-26-2005, 04:12 AM   #13  

Hi Sheri and everyone,
I'm still staying motivated, I rekon by Friday I would have lost 15 lbs, and thats in less than 3 weeks. Where would I be without Gillian, I know she sounds like a hard woman, but maybe thats just what I needed to get me to do something about my weight. Tonight I am having loads of salad with a piece of steamed fish, never ate so much fish in my life lol, but then, never have I lost this much weight in my life so quickly either, never in a long time have I felt this great. I actually love carrot juice now. And the treadmill is waiting, so I had better go. Good lucky everyone, and Sheri thanks for the response, and yes I am going **** for leather in a good way. And if I ever find me another man...woooooohooooooo. lol.
hugs
Spears.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #14  

Can I join too? Iwant to lose 20 pounds before chirstmas. I am trying hard. I have stopped eating sweets and I dont take sugar. I eat only when I am really hungry. I am drinking lots of water. I also increased my fruits and salads intake. About exercising...I am not going good. I skip it every other day. I am going to do it everyday now, I have exercise bike so yeah its time to use it now. I hope I can reach my goal
Old 10-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #15  
banned

im in! i hstill have a bit over 20 to gob any ww here?
Closed Thread