Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Newbie - Just saying 'Hi'

I've been lurking around for the last couple of months and decided it was time to come out of hiding. I have been searching for a support group and I am so very happy to have found your club. You hear this a lot, but I have to say it again....You guys rock! What a encouraging and supportive group..the diversity of the members is great and I love that some of you have been around for a while. So many forums have such a high turnover of participants and you can't really build support network. I really appreciate the participation of members in all stages of their weight loss journey...from those who have lost many pounds and those of us who are just beginning. I especially love the NSV threads! Success stories and pictures are very inspiring (some of yours are almost unbelievable!) , but the NSV's really pump me up and get me excited about beginning my journey.

I am 42 years old and have been overweight all of my life. Currently, I have 112 pounds to lose. I gained 70 of these pounds in the last two years. I do have goiters on my thyroid, however, my doctor says my test results show no problems with my thyroid levels. I had a total hysterectomy in October 05 and am currently in full menopause and on HRT.(sorry if TMI) Weight loss has been extremely difficult lately and I tend to get discouraged. I believe I have finally accepted that will have to exercise daily to get the scales to move and they will probably move slowly...but, the alternative is not something I want to live with anymore.....tired all of the time, uncomfortable, no stamina, hard to find clothes that fit and look pretty....and, honestly....I just feel very unattractive.

I look forwarding to getting to know each of you and I hope to be around here on this forum for quite a while, if not forever
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! Just reading here is wonderful isn't it? But we'd like you to join right in. Let us know if we can help you find some threads that'll interest you.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #3  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Welcome out of Lurkdom! If you've got to get discouraged, then this is the place to be 'cause there are enough people hanging around to lift you back up!! You've gone through quite a bit in the last couple of years but that just shows how strong you are.

I look forward to seeing more posts from you!
Melissa
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome!! As a fellow former lurker, I have found it's much more fun to participate since everyone here is so great! I have felt all the same things you have as far as tired, uncomfortable, unattractive and I think most people here would say the same. But you're here and trying and that is such a great first step toward someday not feeling like that! We're all in this together, so jump in and post away!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/251/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad you decided to join us!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!!
Nalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad you are joining us for the journey. I wish you the best and look forward to getting to know you!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:47 AM   #7  
One pound at a time...

to the group!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #8  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi!

Welcome! You will find everything you need here to succeed! The greatest thing is that there are so many people here who know what you are dealing with on a day-to-day basis and can offer tips based not just on what they have READ but on what they have EXPERIENCED themselves!

Health issues can make weight loss challenging as can age (I'm 55.) The body is an amazing thing, though, and we can rise above all the drama when we have good support from those who know what we are going through and who care about us. You will find that here!

Wishing you much success!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Glad you decided to join us. There is some helpful information in this thread.

Look forward to hearing more form you!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote