Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default The Consequences of Eating Off Plan

My day got a bit screwed up yesterday so I didn't eat dinner until after 8:00 pm., after I'd visited my Dad. We went to a sandwich shop where I ordered a sandwich, a bag of baked chips and a big cookie. In my heart of hearts, I knew I should have just gone home and eaten leftovers or opened a can of soup instead of such an off-plan meal.

When I went to bed, I put my purse away and realized it felt awfully light. Hhmm, no wallet. The last time I remember having my wallet was at the sandwich shop. We looked all over the house, and in the car and garage with no luck. So we started calling credit card companies. Called the sandwich shop today hoping that someone had turned it in. Nope. So now I have to get a new driver's license and other assorted cards. Luckily I didn't have much money in the wallet.

I think the diet gods were trying to teach me a lesson. . .

I did have a check from my stepdaughter that I had endorsed and put my account number on. If someone had that, could they do something bad with it? I'm not sure what to do about that. Anyone?
Old 11-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Sheila, YES they can do something bad with it! EEkk! I hate it when stuff like that happens!

I'd call the banks and let them know that this has happened. Your daughter's bank will stop the cheque and then she can write you a new cheque.You can ask your bank to watch for suspicious activity and your daughter can do the same.

I know the feeling...it's AWFUL...vulnerable.

Sending you TONS on and support for the many chores you now have to do!!

So sorry
Linda
Old 11-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Thanks for the sympathy, and the advice.

Okay, this is so weird. I found my wallet! It's as if the public confession of my bad eating let those diet gods forgive me. (All right, I'm not really that superstitious, but it is strange that after I wrote about it, I found my wallet)

I am now, however, questioning my sanity. I found the wallet in another purse, which I haven't used for a while, and I don't remember putting the wallet in that purse. I must have done that last night, but I have absolutely no recollection of it. Strange. . .

Thank goodness I don't have to go to the DMV, which is where I was going when I grabbed that other purse. On the down side, I don't get to change my weight to the new lower-than-my-current-driver's license weight. I've never been at a weight lower than my driver's license so that was pretty exciting.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

YAY!!!!
I'm so glad you found it!

And...hear this, my friend... losing your wallet has NOTHING to do with having one bad meal ( and by no means a TERRIBLE meal!) Please don't feel badly about it!

Linda
Old 11-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh my gosh, that's just wonderful!!! Yep some strange things happen sometimes, but at least this turned out on a good note. You must be so relieved, a little puzzled, but nevertheless relieved. (And I wouldn't give much thought to not being able to change your license weight).
Old 11-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #6  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

LOL - you have a diet ghost running around you. I was going to tell you to double check under your car seats ('cause that's where my wallet always seems to end up when I lose it). I'm glad you found it!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hey there, Sheila!

Glad all turned out well for you about the wallet! I think each of us has done that at least once, and it sure does make for frantic times!

Tomorrow is another day with opportunities to regroup and get back on track. As others have said, no biggie. We didn't put our weight on in a day, and it will take more than one slip-up to make us gain lots more weight. We just need to learn from each slip-up. I really do think that we all need to indulge every so often. If we only eat "on plan" things can get pretty boring. I've upped my exercise and my weight training. Doing that has helped me maintain my weight as I eat tasty things. Sometimes we need a break from losing and just need to maintain for awhile!

Here's to a better day for you tomorrow! Glad all was found!

Cheryl
Old 11-23-2006, 11:48 AM   #8  
One pound at a time...

Glad it turned out okay Sheila!
Old 11-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Glad you found your wallet and everything turned out ok.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #10  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Sheila, I'm so glad you found your wallet!! What a relief that must have been for you!
Closed Thread