3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Re-program my mind (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/98639-re-program-my-mind.html)

Liliann 11-21-2006 07:38 PM

Re-program my mind

Hello everyone,

I am going to start again and reprogram my mind on eating less and doing movements. I have been having a tough time on getting started, and I can't afford on fooling myself and health anymore. After Thanksgiving, need to do a sleep test, my new doctor thinks I have sleep apena...and that drew me away. I never did test like that and that is my wake up call on getting in shape.

I tackle not with eating issue, but also a smoking addiction..am a bad shape. I was planning to start in Janaury..but just could not afford it on eating poorly.

I want to change and so tough when living with family. That is my tough challenge am facing for many years. I care for others, but don't put myself 1st.

Thank you for letting me vent.. Happy Thanksgiving..

Cheryl14 11-21-2006 07:53 PM

Hi Lilann!

Sounds like you have a good plan. Richard Simmons is AWESOME! Check out his exercise videos, too. I got several of mine at our local library. I love his whole attitude and the fact that he really understands what it is like to want to lose weight.

Good luck with your plan! Check in often to let us know how you are doing!

Cheryl

Liliann 11-21-2006 09:15 PM

Thank you Cheryl!

wip 11-21-2006 11:46 PM

Good luck. Does that mean that you've decided against the "YOU" plan?

SherryA 11-22-2006 01:46 AM

Liliann if you've never tried Atkins, why not get the book and give it a try? You will meet your goal by January 12 if you do. At least I would pretty much bet on it. Atkins works really quickly especially for someone who has never tried it before. Of course you would have to be committed and stick to it. The best thing about it is that you don't have to be hungry and can eat when you are. Stick to the allowed foods and you will still lose weight.

Glory87 11-22-2006 01:55 AM

I was successful when I changed my focus from "eating less and moving more" to "eating less bad foods, eating more good foods and moving more." Good luck!

Liliann 11-22-2006 08:35 AM

wip... I don't follow You diet plan to a T. Just doing on eating wholesome foods. Which in fact, me and my mom made the chicken thighs with white beans on page 289 and it was delish!!

Thank you all for your support and suggestions. I had tried serveal plans and with me living with family, it makes it more challenge to choose wisely around my family eating patterns. I am the one with a weight problem and I must learn to refuse the junk foods and say NO. I am grateful for your input.. :)

buckettgirl 11-22-2006 09:42 AM

I'd like to say that because of your size, you would be an excellent candidate for Optifast... if you really want to reprogram yourself, it surely works as I know this from personal experience.
I've been doing Optifast since June and am down 81lbs. It is pricey, and it can be difficult to find a doctor, but it is well worth the cost. If you want more info, pm me.
Also, I'd like to add that even if you are the only one in your family who has weight issues, that does not give them the right to sabbotage your efforts. They know you need to lose, so they should NOT be offering you junk or putting you in a position that will lead to overeating. If they do these things, you must tell them to stop. It is all about boundaries; and even if they don't have weight problems, it is perfectly fine for you to set boundaries about what is and isn't okay for them to do with you. If you want to be successful, you will have to be assertive about this.
I wish you the best of luck.

Jasmine31 11-23-2006 09:15 PM

Hey sweetie I just wanted to come in and offer my support. What has really made a difference for me besides walking, is counting cals. That is what alot of this boils down to: calories in vs. calories out etc.

This link really helped me: Womens Nutrition Health Guide

The formula may not work perfect for everyone but it could be a great starting point for you. It was for me. Drastic calorie restriction is very hard to do that is why I chose this instead. I would recommend to find out how many cals you are maintaining at, then lower them by 500. For instance, my maintenance right now is roughly 2250 a day with no exercise. Every 3500 cals = a pound. SO "theoretically" if I lower my cals by 500 a day I can lose a pound a week. So 1750 cals a day for me. I also exercise at least 60 minutes a day and this month my average is higher. So I burn a pound that way too.

These need to be good cals though and not empty ones. You may want to gradually start changing your eating. With me it has taken me along time to change bad habits to good ones. Number one is you need to decide what you are willing to give up and what you want to keep doing. Back when I first started that meant having an apple every day and once in a while a banana, now I eat 3-4 fruits a day. Last year that meant changing from red meat most of the time to having chicken breast w no skin most of the time now a days and red meat only 1-2 times a week. Another big change recently these last few months was cutting down on my portions and counting cals. I wish I had started that sooner! I still tell myself I can eat out once a week. Once to twice a week we will still have the tacos or the sphagetti or the bean and cheese burritos. You can still eat what you want, just try to eat healthier.

I switched from regular soda to diet. ANyhow just start making little changes slowly and they do add up. You are also welcome to join our new group. The link is at the bottom. ;) Good luck!