Not Quite a Newbie

• I've been off track for a long time. I let life get in the way, and I lost my drive. So, I'm back. I regained almost all the weight I lost. Now, I plan on losing it again.

So, here's the reintro:

I'm trying to lose 100 lbs by seriously limiting sugar, eliminating refined flour, increasing fish and raw vegetable consumption and practicing mindful eating. My exercise of choice is DDR supplemented with yoga and (hopefully) bicycle riding (if I can get enough money saved up). I've recently become interested in sustainable agriculture, so I'm sure that will affect my choices.

One of my biggest challenges is that I tend to forget (strange, I know) to eat all day, and then I spend the evening inhaling every convenience food known to man. I'm an emotional eater, and I'm trying to find somewhere else to direct my emotions.

I've been drinking 100 ounces of water a day, which is good start for me. I take enough Vitamin C in a day to reach the recommended daily value for 100 people. I'm big on individual supplements, but I don't take a multivitamin.

I've been thinking of using my laptop lunchbox to learn more appropriate portions. I was thinking of using the two large containers for vegetables and protein and the two smaller containers for fruit and grains/rices/cereals/breads/etc.

So, that's my plan.
  • Post often so we get to know you. This is a great group of supportive people
  • Glad to see you back. You can do this.
  • Welcome back Helena! Like you I'd been AWOL for a while, but I've been back a little over a month now. Unlike you I didn't just regain "almost" all my weight, I regain all plus!!! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!!

Melissa
  • I'm a recent returnee too. I know how hard that is! Welcome back!
  • Thanks for the welcomes and the encouragement.

Quote: Welcome back Helena! Like you I'd been AWOL for a while, but I've been back a little over a month now. Unlike you I didn't just regain "almost" all my weight, I regain all plus!!! I look forward to seeing more posts from you!!
    I actually didn't realize that I hadn't gained back all the weight plus until I made it back to this site. I continued to lose weight for a little while after I stopped posting. (I was having computer problems, and I couldn't get online.) Then, I stopped. When I got back here, I thought I was at my highest weight ever. Actually, I'm a few pounds less. So, hooray!

Quote: I'm a recent returnee too. I know how hard that is! Welcome back!
    I wanted to come back earlier, but the weight gain that I did see felt too much like failure, and I was embarassed to return. So many people on this forum have had such great success. I didn't want to be hanging around gaining rather than losing.

Eventually I realized that no one is looking down on me. Everyone here has probably had at least one failed or furloughed diet. I can only be where I am. I'm 3 pounds less than my highest weight and ready to try again.