Motivational Music

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I think most of us listen to music when we exercise it gets up pumped up and motivated. Wgat kind of music do you listen to. what song gets you pumped?
  • How Do You Like Me Now? by Toby Keith. Can't help but move when I've got that song on!!
  • I'm listening to Dave Matthews "Save Me" right now...and I think it would be perfect.

However...I think Dave is perfect for everything and anything.
    Everything he's ever done, period

I haven't fallen for a musician/band like this since I was a teenager...he gives me shivers!

Linda
  • Mthrgoos68--how are you?? You just love to slip in unnoticed, don't you? But I caught you!! Hope that life is going well for you.

About music, I'm pretty much into anything with a good beat. My DH downloaded some aerobic workout music that is a bunch of songs I've never really heard of, but they all have a nice, pounding beat.
  • I don't do music much when I work out. I like to listen to talk radio. It keeps my mind occupied and I don't think about what I'm doing.
  • From the eclectic mix on my mp3, I enjoyed Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi especially today.
    I also have a soft spot for Stacey's Mom but I always sing Steffie's mom has got it goin on .....
  • Well since i started the thread i mught as well add my play list, eh?

city & color-commin home
    Dixi chicks-im not ready
    Evanessence-call me when your sober
    kelly clarkson-because of you
    Tinatious D - tribute
    All american rejects - move
    Fergie -london bridges
    hedley-(all their songs)
    blue october-hate me today
    kt tunstall - suddenly i see
    james blunt- beautifull

i know thats alot but i couldnt seem to pick just one. My MP3 player is full but these realy get me going.
  • mthrgoos68 - You do just sneak right in...don't you?? Great to see you!!!

I usually watch TV when I work-out, so no music.
  • I have a pretty long playlist on my IPod (titled Workout!) but my absolute favourites are:

You're So Damn Hot - OK Go
    Twitch - Bif Naked
    TKO - Le Tigre
    I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
    Hey Scensters - The Cribs
  • Almost anything country i.e Big and Rich is fantastic. I really love Queen's Fat Bottom Girls for obvious reasons and I also listen to talk radio on my walks, not so much at gym work outs cause there is no reception.There is also a great band called Don Juan Dracula that have really high energy music. and I know its really lame but I also downloaded the Biggest Loser Theme music and its really motivating.

"what have you done today to make you feel proud?"
  • dredging up a super old thread because i was curious about the same thing.

if you have one, what song helps you go forward when you feel like giving up?

mine's 'no more looking over my shoulder' by travis tritt. it's about moving forward and letting go of the past, in this case my past of treating body poorly. there's a line in the song... "and i thank god for the blessing that i finally learned this lesson, "one step in the right direction's worth a wasted mile behind"" that just seems to help me keep going.

though, and this might be a weird one, but that song 'loser like me' from glee? i think of it in terms of weight loss and when i hear it it makes me smile!
  • Right now with everything in my family life and weight loss journey, Not Ready To Make Nice is really inspiring me to keep going. Love it.

"Im not ready to make nice, I'm not ready to back down
    Still mad as **** and I don't have time to go round and round and round"
  • It's hard for me to give song names because I have entire CDs on my ipod but Kidd Rock and Nickelback usually keep me going at a VERY good pace!
  • For me it's Defying Gravity (Glee version) because it's about finding out what you're capable of, if you really try.
  • I listen to music when I walk at lunch everyday. These are my favorites:

Michael Jackson
    Wanna Be Startin Something
    Beat It
    Thriller
    Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
    Smooth Criminal

Peter Gabriel
    Sledgehammer
    Steam
    Shock the Monkey

Mumford and Sons
    The Cave
    Winter Winds

Arcade Fire
    Wake Up
    Rococo
    We Used to Wait

Billy Idol
    Dancing with Myself

David Bowie
    Let's Dance

And some Led Zeppelin, Dave Matthews, Florence and the Machine, Stevie Wonder, Beatles, Allman Brothers... I have a ton of music loaded up and ready to go.