Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #31  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

A left-over baked potato with l-f sour cream on it, some cottage cheese & a few almonds. Could it get any more blah or bland??? Usually I'm a little more "colorful"...
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #32  
DNR
Determined Woman

My lunch and afternoon snack today was 1 carton of Weight Watchers yogurt (lemon), 2 cups of mixed fruit (cantalope, grapes, strawberries, pineapple), approx. 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots and 15 pretzel twists. I've also had 1 Diet Coke and 2 bottles of water so far and I'll have another bottle at dinner and another one after dinner.

DNR
DNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolose85 View Post
My thought is calorie in calorie out. Doesn't matter what kind of calorie it is... I know that's up for great debate. But I know if I want to stick to this, I've got to be able to eat what I like just in a smaller portion-- that could literally be anything, that would fit into my daily caloric goals. I guess I just got myself a little off topic here. I feel like an outcast at times, because, I'm just not in to the whole food, super food thing. Maybe I should be.. ?
Gretchen, I'm SO with you on this! I never really post what I'm eating because I'm ashamed that it's not super healthy! I do eat fruits and veggies and yogurt and I choose wheat bread, not white, and all that -- BUT...the majority of the time, I'm just eating smaller portions or lower-calorie versions of what I like. I'm not stupid -- I know as much about nutrition as the next girl -- but I know what I'll stick to. And there's NO way I'll stick to a diet full of unprocessed foods, no matter how much I know that would be better for me. For me, it's about being realistic. I try to squeeze more natural foods in all the time, and I want to slowly shift to that, but I'm certainly not going to go cold turkey. I'll be eating fat-free Pringles and 100 calorie Ritz mix for quite a while. Good to know someone else feels the same way!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:39 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 252/252/150

Height: 5'6

I love the 100 calorie pringles!!! They are the best!! I could have eaten a whole can of regular pringles!! So when the snack pack came out I was very happy, something to make me control the portions.. well now that they have the 100 calorie packs I'm in heaven!! I try to eat as healthy as I can and still live in the real world. I don't want to deprive myself of things that I love and then fall off the wagon.. this time I'm going to stick to it!! There is nothing wrong with eating the "foods we love" as long as it is done in moderation and it's a treat not the norm!! It about being healthy not just losing weight!! You are right Lisa, no one is stupid here we all know what we "should" be eating. You just aren't ready to take that step yet, just know that when you are.. you can always have those Ritz 100 calorie packs as a treat on occasion... they don't have to be an everyday thing.

We all make choices!! We create our destiny with what we choice to do. When you look and the mirror and you don't like what you see, you made that choice to look that way!! No one MADE you drive thur McDonalds!! BUT, when you look in the mirror and see how great you look and how great you feel.. it was all YOU!! You made that happen!!! Be proud of your choices!!

Good luck to everyone!! I'm very glad to see that we are all looking at what we are choosing to stick in our months, that is the first step
!!!
chubs107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #35  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

homemade chicken salad (left over shredded chicken breast & T of real mayo and diced onions) on whole wheat bread topped with cucumber
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote