3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sportswear for Women?? Who knew?? :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/94509-sportswear-women-who-knew.html)

Heather 09-24-2006 09:36 AM

Sportswear for Women?? Who knew?? :)

I've posted about this elsewhere, but wanted to put it here too. I had a great great NSV yesterday...

I have been obese my entire adult life, and spend my down time in men's sweats and such. Yesterday, I walked by a clearance rack at a sporting goods store and discovered something previously unbeknownst to me: Manufacturers carry specific lines of SPORTSWEAR designed for WOMEN! Shirts, and shorts and nifty sweatpants that snug whole lot closer than men's stuff. Who knew?? :)

I thought, "what the heck" and decided to try some on. Well, I looked in the mirror, and cried at what I saw.

For the first time ever, I cried NOT because I hated what I saw, but because I looked liked I belonged in those clothes. I might even go so far as to say I looked good in them.

I bought several items on clearance, because I don't want to invest in things I won't like... I mean, I've never had shorts that "wick away" moisture...kind of cool! :carrot: AND, who knows, I may not be this size for long. I'm feeling really energized about my new bod lately and am really starting to believe I can continue to do this! (Is it insane that I'm only believing I can do it AFTER I lost 100 pounds??)

I think I'm going to try NOT to borrow hubby's sweatpants any more, cause these look SO much better on me. And somehow, I think more "sportswear" is going to end up in my closet!!

fitbyforty 09-24-2006 11:24 AM

Congrats!!!You are amazing and an inspiration to us all.

lewelaine 09-24-2006 12:02 PM

I too have had the dressing room cry session. NSV's are wonderful. congrats!

kykaree 09-24-2006 03:01 PM

I did that the first time I fit into "normal sportswear". And do you know how I found out??? I was going to yoga class, and was in a hurry. I got to the gym and found out I had forgotten my gym clothes. The gym has a sports store upstairs, so I sprinted up, grabbed some yoga pants and a t-shirt off the rack, said a tiny prayer that they would fit, got back down to the gym, and hey presto! Me! Looking normal in gym clothes!

I think it makes a difference to your self esteem to look good in gym stuff, in fact I find it hard to buy normal clothes now, exercise clothes shopping seems so much more fun!

DollyR 09-24-2006 05:15 PM

I actually have two sets of xl nike gym clothes waiting for me. I am not there yet but I can visualize myself in them soon. NSVs like this are awesome. I used to work as a sales clerk in Lane Bryant and it would be so neat to see a shrinking lady come in and have a fitting room scream or cry! (Yeah some of them would just give a big yell when we brought them a smaller size insoemthing.)

lilybelle 09-24-2006 08:39 PM

Wyllenn, that is a great NSV, thanks for sharing.

My NSV for today was that I visited my sister that hasn't been thrilled with my weight loss. She said "sis, you look good". This was a huge compliment coming from her. She also looked good and I told her so.

Heather 09-24-2006 09:58 PM

dolly -- I have certainly had moments like that in stores before, but this felt qualitatively different. I keep saying "It's a whole new world" for me, and it's just TRUE!

kykaree -- What a great way to find out you look good in gym clothes! I can't believe I could do that now too!

Lily -- That's so good about your sister... I'd read on another thread where she wasn't supportive. It means a lot!

Stepping Out 09-24-2006 10:16 PM

Wyllen...

Your post made me smile :) You're a real inspiration..enjoy your healthy new body! :D