New School, Less Me and 3FC Anniversary

• OK, so I just entered a new school situation and it is the first time in my life where I have met a whole new group of people who have never known me as obese. And you know what? I don't feel any different, like that I feel people are more accepting. This is a good thing, this means that I probably was never really ostrasized to begin with. I still have a good 25-35lbs I would like to lose, but I definately don't feel horribly overweight anymore.

Also, I have now been on this site for a year and have lost over 50lbs with your support!
  • Congrats!! Also your self confidence probably makes a good difference too!
  • That's great, congratulations!
    Do you think you portray more self-confidence and self-ease than you did before you started losing?

I have found that some people are incredibly accepting.. I've been blessed with friends who do accept me absolutely regardless of my weight. I've also met people who swing the other way unfortunately.

I'd like to ask you something, though feel free not to answer this question if you'd rather not for whatever reason - how are you finding your skin after 111 pounds of weight loss? I'm only asking because I just saw a show on Dr Phil on which a lady had lost 162lbs over 3 years and had A LOT of loose skin on her body. I've been trying to focus on the health and other benefits and hope for the best with my skin, but after seeing the show I started feeling depressed and crying. I'm 22... 5'5 or 5'6... with about 110-120 lbs I'd like to lose... so when I saw on your ticker that you've almost lost as much as I'd like to, and going to a new school - which I presume might mean you're in your 20's if not early 20's? ... so I wanted to ask you, I hope that's okay
  • Quote: That's great, congratulations!
    Do you think you portray more self-confidence and self-ease than you did before you started losing?

I have found that some people are incredibly accepting.. I've been blessed with friends who do accept me absolutely regardless of my weight. I've also met people who swing the other way unfortunately.

I'd like to ask you something, though feel free not to answer this question if you'd rather not for whatever reason - how are you finding your skin after 111 pounds of weight loss? I'm only asking because I just saw a show on Dr Phil on which a lady had lost 162lbs over 3 years and had A LOT of loose skin on her body. I've been trying to focus on the health and other benefits and hope for the best with my skin, but after seeing the show I started feeling depressed and crying. I'm 22... 5'5 or 5'6... with about 110-120 lbs I'd like to lose... so when I saw on your ticker that you've almost lost as much as I'd like to, and going to a new school - which I presume might mean you're in your 20's if not early 20's? ... so I wanted to ask you, I hope that's okay
    Check your inbox.
  • Wow Charlotte!!!
    Congratulations!

Linda