3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New \ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/92001-new-%5C.html)

gingerrogers77 08-21-2006 12:58 PM

New \

Hi there:

A little bit about myself. I was slightly overweight in my teens to early 20s, then I was able to exercise for 3 hours a day and lose massive amounts of weight getting to my goal weight of 120-135lbs.

I have since decided to change careers and am back in school. I work full-time and have married. I have little time to exercise and I have changed my eating habbits terribly. I have more fun with my husband then ever and maintaining weight has not become a priority. I am taking female hormones so I am not to become pregnant. Okay, the beginning of my weight gain!!! It took nearly 2 years to become overweight.

I have decided to try NutriSystem and know little about it. I also have asked if anyone heard of the herb PHYTOLACCA BERRY's. I have never had a problem being overweight and now it is affecting me personally. My sex life is great, my husband love's that I am bigger, but I want to be thinner. I have tried on my own and have been unsuccessful. I just don't want to diet anymore.

Also, I have diabetes, heart condition, etc. in my family only from wrong nutrition. I used to be able to eat a salad and brocolli for lunch and dinner. I just cannot stand it anymore. I thought that with a controlling program I would would be better of. My husband saids you are beautiful and that is the way God wants you!!!

Anyone out there have any suggestions. Also, any opinions on the NutriSystem. I looked at the costs and that maybe a factor but I can make adjustments in spending!!!

God Bless,
Ginger

nelie 08-21-2006 01:29 PM

Welcome Ginger.

I just looked up the Phytolacca Berry and I'd be very concerned about taking it. Did someone tell you to take it? It looks like it is a narcotic with some stimulant effects. From what I read, in its natural state it is poisonous and is also an irritant.

As far as eating goes, I don't think you have to eat only salads and broccoli. You may need some nutritional guidance on what to eat though if you don't know what is healthy to eat or not. I think Nutrisystem teaches portion control in that they control your portions. Some people seem to like it but others don't.

Anyway, welcome :)

ChocLabLover 08-22-2006 09:02 AM

:welcome3: Ginger! There are a lot of really good weight loss programs out there, and you definately don't need to just eat salad and broccoli!:D There are a lot of members on the board whom are on different programs, WW, Jenny Craig, Nutri System, LA Weight Loss. Some members just to prefer to follow the food pyramid and count calories. You need to find what is right for you. On a personal note, I did Nutri System many years ago and had success with it (in that I lost the weight, did not keep it off though :o ). From recollection, the food is mostly freezed dried and/or canned. The plan works well in that it controls your portions. However, I did find after awhile the food started not to taste as nice. As well, it got monotous after awhile, not a great deal of varaition. When I did it, Nutri System used to have a location that I would go into for a weekly weigh in and consultation. I believe today (in the States, Nutri System is no longer in Canada) you receive the food in the mail, so I am not too sure about the support involved.

trishn222 08-22-2006 11:10 AM

:welcome: We love to see new faces

lilybelle 08-22-2006 11:32 AM

Hi and welcome. I have never tried Nutrisystem but have friends that did and lost well with it. Good luck and congratulations on getting started.

famograham 08-22-2006 01:17 PM

:wel3fc: Ginger

This is the most wonderful place to receive and give support, with people who truly understand.

Make yourself at home,
Linda

Sheila53 08-22-2006 01:37 PM

:welcome: You've come to a great place for support--lots of friendly people willing to share their stories.

BreakingFree 08-22-2006 02:55 PM

Welcome! You'll learn a lot here. Stick around!