Thigh Schaffing

• After reading the previuos thread, is anyone having inner thigh schaffing? OOUUEEEY. Makes it hard to walk for several days afterward. Any tips, tricks, remedies, advice to share?
  • I have found that zinc oxide (diaper rash cream) works the fastest and the best.

To prevent it, keep as clean and dry as possible...
  • I bought myself some spandex shorts to wear under my exercise shorts. Totally prevents chafing for me (my thighs would chafe when I went running).

Ouchie. YOu have my sympathy.
  • I used to get terrible heat rashes on my inner thighes, but I haven't had them this year...

Buy a pair of running shorts- the tight thigh-length spandex-y "bicycle" shorts (but without the seat padding)- for when you exercise. I never exercise without a pair of them on under my shorts, and even when walking/jogging in full sun they are comfortable to wear (i.e. they don't add too much heat).

When not exercising, consider buying some light "bloomer-type" undies- again the kind that go all the way down to almost the knee. Whatever is needed to avoid skin-on-skin contact during the heat of the day. You can always switch to something a bit more traditional once the sun goes down.

Hope this helps!
  • Yup, i've had it lots of times in my life, and like Betheigh said, it was worse when I had to wear pantyhose, I got to where I wore long, fitted shorts (mine were usually knit with some spandex in them, like stretch pants are, but spandex would work too) under my dresses as well to prevent my legs from rubbing together.
  • I have found that when I put antibiotic ointment on it, it clears right up!! especially good right before bed.