3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Feels Like Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/89201-feels-like-home.html)

mejones 07-14-2006 11:50 AM

Feels Like Home

I have recently returned to 3fc after too long an absence. Most of the last year has been consumed by my mother's long-term illness and death about 5 weeks ago. That seemed to finally send me over the edge, and I have been eating compulsively until about a week ago. After lurking on the boards for a couple of weeks, this seems to be like the place that feels the most comfortable. Hope it is OK to jump in and join you all.
My stats right now are:
Married with 2 adult children
Elementary teacher on summer vacation
Current weight - back up to 225::o
Goal weight - 150

ssgtswife33 07-14-2006 12:03 PM

I'm sorry for you loss {hugs} Welcome Back!!! I know what you mean when you say you feel comfortable here. I love this place. It helps me in alot more ways then just weight loss.

BreakingFree 07-14-2006 12:26 PM

mejones -

Condolences on your mother's death. I hope 3FC will be a comfort and a haven for you.

thistoo 07-14-2006 12:27 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I binged a lot while caring for my grandmother full-time before her death, so I know how easy it is to use food as a coping mechanism.

jmacway 07-14-2006 01:33 PM

I am so sorry about your mother's illness and death. I helped take care of an ill brother until he passed on. It's a rough deal all around but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Welcome back to 3FC. Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthy you.

jtammy 07-14-2006 01:35 PM

Welcome back. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to jump right in here. Knowing that I have support from this site, and challenges to keep me motivated helps me. I hope you find that to be true also. :hug:

mezmerize 07-14-2006 01:54 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I'm happy that you found your way here. I look forward to helping you with your weight loss goal.

DishyFishy 07-14-2006 02:05 PM

Welcome to the 100lb. Club, mejones. I'm glad you feel comfortable here.

Condolences on your loss. :hug: I nursed my mother through terminal illness, and I gained another 30+ pounds following her death. Along with other major changes in my life at that time, it sent my OCD into overdrive, including compulsive eating, so I know where you're coming from. Good for you for not bingeing over the last week. It does get easier.

Post away! It's a great place for support and encouragement. :yes:

DollyR 07-14-2006 02:46 PM

MeJones.....welcome back! I can totally relate to what you had to go through. I helped with my Dad. If you ever need to PM or just post here go ahead...there are many of us who understand and 100% of us who support you. :grouphug:

MelodyL 07-14-2006 02:48 PM

I"m sorry for your loss. Welcome back to the boards, I look forward to getting to know you.

ChocLabLover 07-17-2006 01:44 PM

I am truly sorry for your loss. Welcome to the boards.