3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm back... with a lesson in regaining!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/88925-im-back-lesson-regaining.html)

Charles78 07-16-2006 10:30 AM

Welcome back! You know something in your post really hit me. It is the little things that make us gain weight. I have been listening to a CD set by a guy named Keith Kline. Best 90 dollars I ever spent. In that statement "It is the little things that make us gain weight" is a huge ray of hope! The converse is also true! It is the little things that can lead to a healthy lifestyle. It is the 100's of little choices that we can make that can and do add up to a lifetime of fitness and good health. Switching from Mayonnaise to mustard, using smart squeeze instead of butter, power cooking great food that you love and keeping good food handy, switching to frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. As Keith Kline says - better bad choices. :) A change in lifestyle does not have to be this draconian restriction - it is about making small changes over time that add up to a healthy lifestyle. Adding an exercise program that you make a part of your life. It all adds up. Start with what you will do and will be consistent with. Keep making small changes. That way, there is no "diet" to fall off of. It is a way of life.

I wish you the very best!

Heather 07-16-2006 05:57 PM

Charles -- I have to say I love your posts because they are full of not only wisdom, but hope!

Amen!

And I love your new avatar! Looks like you're enjoying an active new life!

mezmerize 07-17-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles78
It is the little things that can lead to a healthy lifestyle. As Keith Kline says - better bad choices.

I Absolutely Love what you wrote! It's wonderfully positive and encouraging!
Thanks so very very much!!!

P.S. I will be adding that to my signature. I hope yo don't mind.

nelie 07-17-2006 10:45 AM

A lot of us have had a lesson in regaining. I've had it as well. The best part of it is to nip it in the bud. Don't let it get to you and don't let it take control of you. You have come back and know what you need to do to lose it and you will.

mezmerize 07-17-2006 10:46 AM

Charles I just read your URL! AMAZING!!!

mezmerize 07-17-2006 10:49 AM

Nelie - I'm so happy reading how things are going for you! I'm glad you found your soul mate! How are the wedding plans comming along?

Foreverhopefull 07-17-2006 11:30 AM

You know what I found out, if they have no clue it's fat free or "diet" they don't usualy taste it.

Dh and I have been eating extra lean meat for ages, I have noticed that even he thinks that dripping burgers taste and look god awfull.

I have made myself a deal. The only foods that I serve is the healthy kind. If I can't enjoy it with the people I invited, why would I serve it? It should be more important that everyone enjoys themselfs instead of the food you serve. As long as it's good, why not.

I would have loved your bbq, it sounded sooo good.

Next time you invite these people, let them know that your house is now a healthy living house, so if they wish to have something with high sugar, fat and the rest content, they are welcome to bring them since you don't have any.

They should watch TLC's "Honey, we are killing the kids", they have families that never ate anything that wasn't deep fried or tasted fruits and vegies in another format than chips or dripping in sugar. Thay can all manage in 3 weeks to turn themselfs around...why can't a guest live on healthy food for a couple of hours or days...it can only make them healthier.