Old 07-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #16  

Default hey

welcome back!!!!

i just came back to this website myself, the last time i used this website I actually lose 80 pounds. But now I am my heaviest I have ever been, weighing in at 272.5 but that was a month ago. I lost 10 pounds in a month and two weeks, so i am trying but now i am kinda stuck. So welcome to this website, if you need a support buddy to get through the weight loss i'll help ya.

sw- 272.5
cw-262.0
gw- 175
judee18709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #17  
Washington, DC

Xan,

I joined for the first time in 1999 also, and recently re-joined, 40 pounds heavier than I was then. I have beaten myself up the same way.. if I'd only gotten serious "then", I could be at goal by now. Here is one case where we really do have to let by-gones be by-gones. None of us can go back in time and do things differently, but we CAN commit to doing things differently now and tomorrow.

I am glad you came back.

Best,
Elaine
ElaineR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #18  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes! We do all have similar stories, don't we? I'm sure some of you, like me, have said, "I'm an intelligent woman. I know what to do. So why am I planning my diet while eating a Snickers bar? JUST STOP IT."

Liv, I agree on WW. It worked for me once in the past. I am doing WW -- online. I like being able to look up foods quickly, and I like that their plan is trying to force you to eat like a normal person -- i.e., eat lightly for two days before going out to dinner at a restaurant by giving you a range of points (really calories) for a week, for example.

wyllenn, I love your 5Cs. I'm glad others have found that "commitment" is key -- that's comforting. I have to say that I think I'm committed, but it's not the same fire I had on my first diet, when I lost 30 pounds in 30 days (NOT WW, just the kind of crazy fad diet you can only do when you're 23). I'm also using a book called "Small changes, big results," by Ellie Krieger, which is a "baby steps" approach, adding things week by week for 12 weeks. I'm not big on self help books, but a friend gave this to me, and it's sensible. (First week: journal everything, exercise 20 minutes a day three times a week, and some stress management tools.)

I'm really grateful for all the welcomes. If I replied to everybody individually, this post would be too long to read, but I appreciate every post, and look forward to getting to know all of you.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!! I think we've all probably tried and failed in diets before, but people do succeed in really changing their lifestyles for life and we can do it too!! I have never done weight watcher's before, but just joined this last week, I lost my first 27 pounds on my own but my Mom wanted to join WW's so I joined with her!! I am nervous that I'll have gained at the first weigh in because I feel like I'm eating a lot more than I was before, but I'm following the plan to the tee and will see what Thursday brings!! I look forward to getting to know you!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm sure some of you, like me, have said, "I'm an intelligent woman. I know what to do. So why am I planning my diet while eating a Snickers bar? JUST STOP IT."

Oh my, yes, I have had this thought a million times!!

As for commitment -- I get the feeling that that 30 pounds in 30 days didn't end up being as much about commitment as about speed, huh?? Hopefully you can be committed now!

I really believe in the idea of baby steps. For me, making a lot of small changes was the way to go!

Keep posting and reading here!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #21  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn

As for commitment -- I get the feeling that that 30 pounds in 30 days didn't end up being as much about commitment as about speed, huh?? Hopefully you can be committed now!
In a way yes, in a way no. I weighed 220 then, and got down to 190 (which is huge for some people, but mildly overweight for me. I'm one of those who "carries it well" -- or at least did then. I stopped, I think now, because I was afraid to go lower. It was about speed -- nothing like losing a pound a day for motivation! -- but I kept that weight off for five years, not by new, healthy eating habits (I still ate double bacon cheeseburgers) but by avoiding junk. (New job, lots of stress, lots of Snickers, 30 pounds back nearly as quickly as they were lost.) But I was absolutely committed to the eating plan and never strayed from it.

I'm worried that I don't quite have that level of commitment now -- I could not do that diet again. BUT I'm hopeful that taking an attitude of: baby steps, even if you only lose one pound a week that's 52 pounds lighter a year from now, etc, will work. And I know I have to exercise, and for someone who takes about 200 baby steps a day, literally, that's a biggie.

Reading about people with the same struggles -- and their successes -- really does help, though. Thank you all for being here.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Welcome back!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote