Return from downunder

• Here I am!!!! I stopped by Sarah's thread yesterday whilst in Singapore. I would recommend not checking one's forums on free internet on a busy Friday night at arguably the world's biggest transit lounge. Crying and saying "Oh my" very loudly, tends to startle people!

Anyway, I had a great time. I saw my mum and dad for the first time in two years, saw my sister, her three year old and her nine month old baby. I met an internet friend I met on here 18 months ago and stayed with her, which was excellent. And I saw a friend I hadn't seen in eight years.

I travelled over four states in three weeks. I have walked a lot and swum a bit, but missed my formal exercise. I have eaten really well. Too much, but nowhere near what I would have done in the past. The most interesting thing was, I didn't snack. I ate dessert more than a few times, but I didn't eat any chocolate bars or packets of crisps, so I was happy with that!

I learnt so much about myself on this trip. I travelled alone. And you know what, I like myself. I'm good company . That suprised me! I've always been a people person and needing at least one friend, if not a few to make me feel comfortable. I think all the exercise and training I do on my own has taught me a bit more self reliance, which has to be a good thing.

I'm still a bit jet lagged, so bear with me!!!

I have missed you all sooooooooooooooo much! What have I missed?
  • Welcome back and I am glad that you had a good trip.
  • Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. And on being okay traveling alone. Plus it sounds like you didn't let your body (and mind) take a vacation from healthful eating and activity. A big kudos for that!
  • Welcome back, I missed you!

Dying to hear all the details - Got any pictures?

What did your family say about your weightloss?
  • Welcome back!!! Yes...what did everyone think?
  • Welcome back! I'm sure you'll be back in the gym as soon as jet lag passes It sounds like you did great on the food, while traveling. Glad you're back!
  • My mum walked straight passed me in the airport!!! Dad spotted me straight away though. My mum was gob smacked, and pretty impressed I could fit into a lot of her clothes!!! Not so impressed that I had my eye on a nice summer dress of hers.

My sister was also impressed, as was my best friend.

I had such a good time travelling about. I don't have any pictures though, naughty me forgot a camera. My whole family are really bad with pictures! No one took any!

I've really got the travelling bug now though!!! Bring on the next trip!
  • Welcome back, Kylie! Missed ya!

Quote: My mum walked straight passed me in the airport!!!
    How cool is that!!
  • Welcome back, sounds like you had a great trip!! I LOVE to travel and can't wait til I'm able to do it more (like when I can just buy my ticket instead of mine and 3 others for my kids, lol).
  • Welcome back Kylie! Post pictures when you get the chance!