3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Water Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/88665-water-question.html)

DollyR 07-07-2006 10:12 AM

Water Question

My sister's house has a funny taste to the water although they say it is ok to drink. Here is what I wanted to ask....

I have decided to kill the taste by putting in a shot or so of Crystal Light Lemonade I have made in the refridgerator. I want to get my water in and so I am asking......

Would this be the same as drinking my water if I only put a little CL in the glass? I figure a little doesn't really hurt. I miss my big bottle water cooler at home.

shrinkingchica 07-07-2006 11:27 AM

Yes. CL can count as regular water. :)

Jen415 07-07-2006 12:56 PM

You bet it does! Half of my daily consumption is CL!

supernurse_mommie 07-07-2006 01:14 PM

I certainly dont see anything wrong with it. I do down an occasional bottle of the CL lemonade.. but my darn kids drink the stuff quicker than I do!!! :)

DollyR 07-07-2006 01:16 PM

Thanks Chicks ....I really dislike the taste of her tap water.....I wonder isn't water supposed to be tasteless?

karistiana 07-07-2006 01:48 PM

Water isn't supposed to have a taste, but tap water isn't exactly pure. Different water sources or companies/ water facilities can have varying tastes depending upon the treatment procedures, source, additives and all that. I don't like tap water at all, so I usually opt for distilled or purified bottled water, altho I may break down and just get a water filter for my tap. I just want pure water ... none of the crap they add to it that they claim is so good for you. Oh and well water ... supposed to be natural but because of ground and water pollution and such ... well it isn't always the best source either. The deeper the well the better. No expert on the subject tho.

kateful 07-07-2006 01:49 PM

I think I'd take bottled water with me. I don't drink yucky tasting water.

MelodyL 07-07-2006 01:51 PM

I like my tap water fine as long as it is really cold, so I refill water bottles and put them in the freezer for awhile, but I hate the tap water at work so I bring my own. Maybe you should buy some bottled water while you are there, although I think that adding a bit of Crystal light is fine as well. :)

Sandi 07-07-2006 01:54 PM

YES!! I completely agree that the CL is just fine. Lots of people on here don't love water and sometimes that's theonly way they can get it.

Goddess Jessica 07-07-2006 04:29 PM

I also squeeze a lemon or lime in my water, that usually kills the taste.

kittymuse 07-08-2006 11:53 AM

I thought anything without sugar or caffeine counted as "water". I think the idea is to drink hydrating things that don't dehydrate you more.

I'm definitely going to have to crack open the crystal light again. I've been on a tea kick recently, and I don't need the caffeine.

AndreaS30 07-08-2006 11:56 AM

Drink water anyway you can....even if you have to add a little Crystal Light. :) I also love the sugar free fruit punch single packs that you pour in a bottle of water. You can get them at WalMart and I think it is the Sam's Choice brand....It taste so good.

chick_in_the_hat 07-08-2006 01:11 PM

Unsweetened koolaid....I make it with Splenda...:T

sabriena 07-08-2006 02:07 PM

I buy a seperate bottle of lemon juice and if the water is a little gross or if I feel like having more than just water I throw some of that in there :D

It counts as water though :D