3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   One Year Ago.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/87883-one-year-ago.html)

newfiedarling 06-27-2006 09:33 AM

One Year Ago....

One morning I work up and said, "Enough of this - I'm sick of being this way!". I rummaged through my fridge to find some healthy snacks to bring to work with me and vowed to exercise as soon as I got home from work. That was one year ago today. Every day I still wake up and bring a healthy lunch/snacks with me and exercise as soon as I get home from work. I haven't done anything special. Like so many others here, there was no magic pill. It takes hard work and dedication. It took just one small mini victory to spur me on to another, and another. With each accomplishment I had, I just pushed on to the next. So - what did one year of this commited lifestyle change give me?

My energy and fitness levels have increased so dramatically that I'm still amazed when I can do something that I had trouble doing before. I had such severe foot pain that I required orthodics all the time, I threw them out about 5 months ago. My snoring has subsided completely. I've gone from wearing a size 20W to a size 8 (6 sometimes depending on the make). I have bones and muscles all over my body that I had completely forgotten existed. I can cross my legs. I have lost 97 pounds and have only 11 pounds until I reach my goal weight! I have the knowledge to make this change permanent.

3FC is such a wonderful place. It's really the only place I can go where people truly understand the head games, the struggles, and celebrate in even the tiniest little victories. I'm sticking around here for the long haul and my goal for this next year is to come back and let you all know how I made out in my first year of maintaining. Thanks everyone!!!!

~Dee

40poundsago 06-27-2006 09:42 AM

congrats! I would be so proud of myself!

HadEnough 06-27-2006 09:43 AM

Well, with such wonderful success, I believe it is time for before and after pics!! You have done an outstanding job! Congratulations, I know it is very hard.

nelie 06-27-2006 09:48 AM

That is awesome. My decision point came nearly 2 years ago but personal struggles put my weight loss journey on hold. My renewed decision point came a few months ago and after some struggles, I think I'm on the right path again.

Angel33 06-27-2006 09:52 AM

Thanks for sharing Dee.
You have done such a great job. You have been very inspiring to me since I started back in February. Its been exciting to watch your progress and you are always giving lots of support to others. I hope you intend to stick around even when you meet your goal and help the rest of us as we join you.

barbygirl43 06-27-2006 10:00 AM

Congratulations Dee. That is so awesome. You are a true inspiration around here.

trishn222 06-27-2006 10:53 AM

Dee I just have to say ditto to the rest of all that was said. You have done a lot and are a great inspiration. On top of that you stay possitive and upbeat and encouraging to everyone. Thank you for that. It really helps to see people succeed and to have them help the rest of us that are still struggleing. THANK YOU!!!!

Trish

DNR 06-27-2006 10:55 AM

I am so proud of you. You have done so well and you have almost accomplished your final goal. It's right around the corner. I just want to say that I am trying to follow in your footsteps - each mini goal for me is the same - it spurs me on to the next goal. No excuses for me - just hard work and keep on going and going and going.

I have noticed that you are a "no excuses" type person and that is what it takes to do this. That isn't to say that small set-backs don't occur because they do, but that is life. Life has never been without set-backs in any other area, and weight loss is no exception. You just have to learn to buck up and pick yourself up by your bootstraps and carry on.

11 pounds to go - they will be off in no time. I am half way to goal - I have lost exactly half of what I want to (unofficially as of this morning, tomorrow is weigh-in day) so I will keep this up until I'm where you are.

Don't leave us after that 11 pounds is gone. We need you here to help cheer us on. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Congratulations!!!

DNR

Nori71 06-27-2006 11:23 AM

What a wonderful first post to read this morning! Thanks for the inspiration, Dee! Since beginning my new lifestyle on Janurary 5th, you have helped me too many times to count ... your simple, no-nonsense and committed attitude towards getting healthy is infectious. I too will be so happy to be finished with foot pain and orthotics. That will be a huge "NSV". Cheers to healthy foods and lots of exercise!!

DishyFishy 06-27-2006 11:23 AM

You're amazing, Dee. :yes: You're a beautiful person, inside and out, and I'm so proud of you for what you've achieved. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

phantastica 06-27-2006 12:02 PM

Thank you for sharing! I, too, would love to see before/after pics.

dragonwoman64 06-27-2006 12:06 PM

what a difference a year makes -- you have a great attitude, and what you've done is a real inspiration. Like Carol said, I know it's very hard.

ScarlettDrawl 06-27-2006 12:10 PM

Dee, you are such an inspiration to us all. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished.

Charbar 06-27-2006 12:17 PM

Dee.. what you wrote was such an inspiration. Copy that. and keep it! I am where you were one year ago. When you said you take one small victory and build on it that really made a lot of sense to me. I would love to see this all at once.

I've always thought that even if I lost 20 lbs life would be easier... if that took 6 months... that would be okay.. that's less then 1 lbs a week.. I can do that.

Thank You for being here!

Sheila53 06-27-2006 01:17 PM

Dee, what a wonderful post! You truly are an inspiration to everyone here. Congratulations on all your success--you've earned it!