Finally Stepping Out of Lurker Mode

• Hi, well I've been lurking here for a few months, have really enjoyed reading all the posts in this forum and the goal forums. I posted on the intro thread but thought I'd make a small post here too. My name is Melody, I am a divorced 38 year old Mom of 3 and work as a Registered Nurse with the Mentally Ill which I have done for almost 11 years now. I have been overweight my entire life, got down to 170-175 (which was about a size 12/14 for me) once, but did it by starving myself (400 to 600 calories a day). Have been on countless diets in my lifetime. This time I've actually been eating, threw out my scale at home (otherwise I am obsessive weigher and get easily frustrated) and only weigh at work on Saturdays, and am trying everything my power to stay motivated and look at this realistically. I have a goal to be at my goal weight by my 40th Birthday...which is a year and a half from now and 125 pounds away now. It seems like an insurmountable task, but hey, I've gotten 2 and a half months in so far!! So I'm getting there!! I have really enjoyed reading all of the amazing success stories here and hope that I can be helpful to others as well.

• I think most of us have been on lots of diets so you've got lots of company here. While I do hope you'll make your time goal, even if you don't, you'll feel so much better. Join some challenges for that extra motivation, and post often.
  • Welcome, Melody! I just posted a reply to you under your profile in the post above. I think you'll love it here, lots of GREAT ladies!
  • Thanks ladies!! Cassie, I'd love to chat with ya, I'll send ya a pm.
  • You are going to do great and it is nice to have you here and not in lurker mode anymore.

Trish
  • Hi Melody,
    So glad you decided to come out of lurkdom. There are some wonderful threads and people here. Look forward to getting to know ya.
  • Welcome from a former lurker! It feels great to be a participant. Glad you decided to join us!
  • Yay! Another former lurker among our ranks! I hope you love it here as much as I do!
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcomes!!
  • Melody~ Just wanted to tell you that I got your 2nd PM, and I'll relpy in the morning....I'm beat!
  • to the forum! Post often so we can get to know!
  • Thanks.
  • Welcome, welcome, welcome!

~Dee
  • Hi, Melody, nice to see you here.
  • Thanks ladies!