3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Humble Pie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/87313-humble-pie.html)

Charbar 06-20-2006 09:39 AM

Humble Pie

I should be taking a slice of humble pie right now... but I don't need any more pie!.. or anything else bad right now.

I'm coming back with my tail between my legs. I'm Dana - and I've been here off and on again too many time.

Why did I leave in the first place you ask? a couple of reasons. I knew I was not ready to diet - at all - I didn't want to. I was having a real hard time keeping up with all the messages and felt bad about it. I'm a real black and white person.

So what's changed? What are my goals?
I really have no idea. What I do know is what hasn't worked. Where to start? I really don't know that either. I'm extremly overweight - I guess that is my starting point. I weigh 241 lbs and I'm only 5 feet tall. Not good. I'm done fitday, weight watchers... and the "I can do it all on my own" diet.

Anyhow thanks for taking the time to read this.
All kind words are welcome! :hug:

Dana

Cassie501107 06-20-2006 09:51 AM

Welcome back, and good luck to you!:hug:

Inca's Momma 06-20-2006 10:28 AM

Dana,

I'm like you and was having a hard time focusing on myself. It very well could be the little guys in our lives ;) I realized a month ago though, that in order to make Ryan #1 in my life, I also need to make time to make myself healthier and happier. You will do this when you are ready hun, so don't feel pressured to do anything you aren't capable of doing right now. :grouphug:

dragonwoman64 06-20-2006 10:36 AM

Hi, Dana, that avatar pic of you and your baby is adorable :)

Nice to see you. I've stopped and started again a bunch of times. It's not always so easy.

barbygirl43 06-20-2006 10:57 AM

Welcome back Dana. You know a baby totally interrupts your life and it takes a while to really get all that back in focus and try to take care of now 2 kids, hubby and still make time for you and you are so right, if it's not the right time nor does it feel right there's no sense in beating yourself up because of it. I bet you are ready now and I have faith in you. :)

trishn222 06-20-2006 11:27 AM

Dana,
I don't know how many times I have stopped and started. Things have started to work and then they don't. The important thing is in all this we learn what does work, we learn what we need to do and when we get serious about it again we can start all over. Hopefully it is a little easier than before. Before I got pregnant with my first son I was in great shape, had lost a lot of weight and was doing well. Yet here I am 5 years later having to start over again....You will get it. Don't be hard on yourself, I know it is easy to do that, but you will do it.

Trish
:welcome:

Jen415 06-20-2006 01:29 PM

The thing is---YOU ARE HERE. You are willing to start over. I'd be more worried about you if you came here and said you had totally given up and you didn't care anymore. The fact that you are here shows you really care.

SuchAPrettyFace 06-20-2006 01:53 PM

Welcome back! I have been wondering about you, how are the kiddos? Glad to see you back. :hug:

Charbar 06-20-2006 01:58 PM

The kids suck the life out of me! I just wish it was the fat too! Far too often I make meals for everyone else... then I just seem to munch.. on "something". That is so bad. Anything new with you?

DishyFishy 06-20-2006 02:00 PM

Welcome back, Dana!

You know what hasn't worked for you before, so that's a good starting point. Now, if you can work out the reasons why particular things weren't right for you, you may have a clearer idea of what to try next.

glynne 06-20-2006 02:26 PM

Glad to see you back Dana ~ things will come together and you will be able to do this. Hang in there. You are not alone.

Sheila53 06-20-2006 02:40 PM

All I can do is echo what others have said and tell you how glad I am to see you back. :)

ScarlettDrawl 06-20-2006 02:56 PM

Welcome back, Dana. I'm just coming back around myself. :)

famograham 06-20-2006 03:11 PM

Welcome back, Dana!!!!!!

I've missed you! :)

:hug:
Linda

jtammy 06-20-2006 04:53 PM

Welcome Back! I've probably joined since you were last posting, but I'm sure you already know how great the people on this thread are. I understand about not being ready to diet. Although I've needed to for many years, until the time was right for me, I couldn't focus on it. I hope this is the time for you and you're ready to do it. :)