Old 06-16-2006, 04:08 PM   #16  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I work in IT and occassionally have to go to our branches to work on equipment for them. I went into another branch today and one of the ladies' mouth dropped open and she said "you've lost some weight haven't you". I just kind of mumbled my standard, "well I trying, thanks for noticing". She said "I can't get over how small you are". Well you guys can see my weight so you know I'm not small, but , I still love hearing somebody say so.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Ah, that's so cool, Tammy! What a great compliment.

Today I ran (and I walk part of the time) my usual 5K on the treadmill, but I upped the speed and was able to run it in under 35 minutes. I noticed that I couldn't do 60 minutes total of running/walking after I'd cranked up the speed, but I did 45 min. before I felt like I was too exhausted to move anymore. Then I went and lifted weights and worked on my abs. Anyway, I think when I get to the actual race, I'll be able to finish in a respectable time (i.e., not last!). My trainer pointed out that it hasn't been all that long ago that I couldn't do more than 15 min. of walking on the treadmill before I was pooped.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Sheila -- Awesome NSV!!!

I have noticed so much increased stamina!

Saturday, hubby and I went shopping at the mall. We shopped for hours! Not only did I buy my newest pair of "skinny jeans" -- size 16! -- but after we got back from our shopping spree, we hit the gym and lifted weights! In the past, I couldn't have even done that much shopping without being wiped out, much less doing MORE!

So, I'm counting that as 2 NSVs! I'm feeling like I earned those size 16 jeans!! (and am working on the next size down!!)
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 PM   #19  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

While we were in town today, I went in Dress Barn to try on a few clothes ( I love to see what size I am, and since I've been fat so long I no longer have smaller clothes at home to try on) I can wear size 14/16 shirts now and size 20 bottoms. It has been YEARS since I could wear either of those sizes. I'm thrilled!!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #20  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Okay.. i know i haven't been posting.. but i have one.. my first one ever

The other night, i was cleaning the bathroom, and i was bent over at the waist.. my bf came up to slap my butt..LOL and he just lingered ...and ran his hands on my waist and hips.. he said.. "sweetie.. your curves are so sexy, your waist is getting so small!"..

okay..now.. it worked lol.. i know my waist is NOT small.. but it has started to be pretty defined.. its just so cool when people notice..
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have had a number of people approach me in the last week or so and comment on my weight loss "You're shrinking!" said one.

It seems it has become very obvious that I've lost a butt load of weight!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote