3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I Just Love This . . . (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/86129-i-just-love.html)

DNR 06-05-2006 09:28 AM

I Just Love This . . .

Yesterday I was cleaning some drawers and I found some Richard Simmons VCR tapes I had bought years ago, so I thought, 'what the heck, let's give these a shot.' So I went down in the basement after dinner and decided to do one of them. My husband doesn't show a lot of interest in my weight loss efforts, although he seems glad to see the weight come off. He just doesn't offer much in the way of support and that type of thing.

Anyway, he saw the tapes and he saw me go down to the basement. I fired up the VCR and put the tape in and I was just starting to get warmed up and I heard the door at the top of the stairs shut and I could hear him coming down the stairs. I thought to myself, 'oh sure, here he comes now to watch the show!!!' and so I stopped. He stood there like, 'what's the matter?' so I told him that I wasn't putting on a free show and that I wasn't going to work out to an audience. He said, "oh I just wondered what these tapes were like." YEAH RIGHT - so I sent him back upstairs and I finished the workout. :D :D :D :D I bet he was sitting up there the whole time wondering how I was doing. I came up all sweaty and he just looked at me and didn't say a word.

I'm going to tell him that if he wants to join in he can come down next time - otherwise he's banned from the room.

DNR

jtammy 06-05-2006 10:28 AM

:D LOL My family is also banned from entering whatever room I'm exercising in. I know I'm quite a sight and I had to tell my kids right away, that unless you're planning to exercise with me, don't open the door. That pretty much keeps them away. DH knows to not even think about peeking in now. :)

Angel33 06-05-2006 10:42 AM

That's funny! LOL
This has become an unspoken rule in my house. My hubby never comes in the family room when I'm working out. He always goes and finds something else to do. Even if he needs something, he will yell in from the other room or just wait until I'm done.
I do allow my 2 1/2 dd to come in. She has become quite the little cheerleader for me. She always runs up and hugs me when I'm done and says Yeah Mommy. Other than her, no one else is allowed in.

supernurse_mommie 06-05-2006 01:09 PM

Richard Simmons.. i admit.. i love that goofy lil guy! I wonder if any of his workout Tapes come in DVD form.. i dont have a VCR anymore.. .. hmm.. off to check Amazon.. :) I also want to look into some of those "stripper" and "belly dancing" videos.. as well as some hip hop dance ones too.. i have to have fun or i wont do it.. (i know, ive seen me not do it!)

dalai_lala 06-06-2006 05:52 PM

Did anyone see Richard Simmons on that Half Ton Man special that ran this weekend? He looks EXACTLY the same as he ever did... maybe a little wrinkle here and there but... wow... very weird...

-Lala

Ophelia924 06-06-2006 06:42 PM

Richard Simmons just reminds me of my high school gym class. Along with Jane Fonda Step. However...Richard is fun to work out to because it is sooo Cheezee. I agree with not letting others in the room. Usually when I hit the Gazelle it is just me. And maybe a well-coralled 1 yr old!

mousie 06-06-2006 08:50 PM

Funny...I never thought about this til today.

I was on the :tread: and it was hot, so I had taken my shirt off and was walk/running in a sports bra and yoga pants. My hubby came home for lunch 45 minutes early! I heard the backdoor open and him yell out "hey babe!" and I jumped in shock.

I hit "Stop" and stood there staring at him, then managed to say, "I didn't plan to be exercising without a shirt in front of you" (my brain wasn't quite working). His response?

"It's okay, I've seen worse."

What's THAT supposed to mean??? He scrambled to cover himself with "no, no, I meant, at the gym..." as I scrambled to cover myself with my t-shirt.

How embarassing! :o

BerkshireGrl 06-06-2006 10:47 PM

A certain man of my acquaintance used to take my Tamilee Webb "Buns of Steel" video and watch it alllllll alone, in the basement rec room. Hmmm.... :lol: I once opened the door and yelled down "Working out?" and got back a feeble "no."

Hehehehehe....

DNR 06-07-2006 10:23 AM

I have done the Richard Simmons tapes 2 nights now and one is a cardio tape and the other 2 are toning (one for the top parts, one for the bottom). I'm having fun doing them, but the cardio one (Dance Your Pants Off) must be the funniest one to watch me do. First of all you are facing Richard, which is like watching in a mirror and he changes directions and moves so often that I'm trying to catch up most of the time. It has got to be a riot to watch. Then I just get to where I'm doing what he's doing and pretty soon he's doing something else and I'm running to catch up again. I would be an excellent contestant for Funniest Home Videos.

DNR

famograham 06-07-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl
A certain man of my acquaintance used to take my Tamilee Webb "Buns of Steel" video and watch it alllllll alone, in the basement rec room. Hmmm.... :lol: I once opened the door and yelled down "Working out?" and got back a feeble "no."

Hehehehehe....

EEEEeeeewwwwwwww! :s:

Brave girl, Sarah......I would have thrown the tape out and thrown in the proverbial towel too. But, we've had issues in this area in the past, so I'm pretty jaded on the topic ;).

SherryA 06-07-2006 11:35 PM

I have a weight bench in my basement. When I'm working out, getting hot and sweaty, my husband finds it a bit of a turn on.... Sometimes I get him to work out with me, and I love muscles on men.... so.... I'm not sure the "ban him from the room" idea is as much fun as the hot and sweaty together thing...

Definitely I wouldn't want an audience while doing a work out video though. Somehow pumping iron doesn't have the same feeling.

famograham 06-08-2006 12:12 AM

See, now that sounds like fun!

Wish I was a turn on to my hubby :)

:hug:
Linda