3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Inspired by another post... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/85519-inspired-another-post.html)

coley144 05-29-2006 08:10 AM

Hi Jill

Have you seen SuperSize Me? Put me off MacDonalds for life! Might be handy...

Or over here they have a guy called Jamie Oliver, a chef, he did a show about school meals where he showed what goes into chicken nuggets..urgh!

Can I tell I've put myself off using the revulsion technique? Works though! Now I binge on crackers and hummus! No..please..no bad stories about hummus!

Anyway I've read your posts for long enough to know that you know exactly what to do. The trick is doing it though isnt it? My answer has been to convince myself the alternative is worse. Then there is no alternative and you've gotta just keep going.

Basically I just wanted to post to say - you can do it. Hey if I can, you can! You gonna let someone with bad spelling beat you? LOL :D

jillybean720 05-29-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coley144
Have you seen SuperSize Me? Put me off MacDonalds for life! Might be handy...

I have seen Super Size Me. And yeah, it was horrible what happened to his body, but come on--3 Super Sized meals a day every day for 30 days? What did he expect? If you go to an extreme, you get extreme results. I knew McDonald's food wasn't healthy long before that movie ever came out, but it never stopped me from eating there. Just like I never stopped eating hotdogs when I found out what went in them--I don't get grossed out very easily, and I always figure hey, I've been eating this crap all my life and it hasn't killed me yet! :devil: If I feared every food that was unhealthy or had unrecognizable ingredients in them, I'd be eating nothing but fruits and veggies (organic, of course, because of the chemicals) ;)

SuchAPrettyFace 05-29-2006 02:45 PM

Have you read Fast Food Nation? It's going to be a movie soon.

I'm still a firm believer that any food you like can fit into your plan, but I also remember Howie's struggle w/cheeseburgers. I think the problem is not McDonalds in & of itself, but the amount of times we choose to go, the foods we choose once we're there. A Happy Meal w/white milk to drink & apples (no caramel sauce) instead of fries is ok, but realistically, the $1 menu chicken sandwich or double cheeseburger is cheaper & way more filling. It's a tough balance. It's even harder now they they take credit cards!!!

Just wanted to stop in to wish you luck, Jilly. I know you can do this! I am re-dedicating this week as well. We can keep each other honest in the journal buddy thread.

:dust:

midwife 05-29-2006 03:02 PM

Fast Food Nation has turned me into a vegan (ovo-lacto, for now) for 3 days now...and I truly cannot imagine ever letting hamburger pass my lips again. I commented on the book in the Addicted to Fast Food thread in the Depression Forum (sorry I don't know how to make those cool links). I highly recommend this book, but be warned, both my daughter and I have sworn off fast food (and meat) of any kind.

I may try to find a local source of meat. Sad to say, I do not oppose it on any moral grounds...rather I was turned off by what the animals are fed and how they are slaughtered (and then contaminated).

I feel like I have seen the light! (hahaha!) We'll see how long it lasts.

I just wanted to say one more time: you have an awesome plan, Jilly, and I know you will see wonderful results.

Heather 05-29-2006 03:36 PM

Jilly -- I am so happy to see you rededicating. You sooooo know what to do -- I know that because you always write such supportive and knowledgeable posts to others!!! Let us help cheer you on now!!!

I have been on a roll, but I recognize how easy it is to get off track and am terrified of that happening to me. Show me that getting on the wagon CAN happen!

Go Jill!!!!

shyla2001 05-29-2006 04:14 PM

Midwife, I'm going to "borrow" the quote from your siggy ~ I love that! No hard feelings? :)

newfiedarling 05-29-2006 04:17 PM

Love the new plan Jill - go get 'em!!

~Dee

Nori71 05-29-2006 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720
Nori--are you saying I should have some kids to help with my binging problem? ;) hehe...

LOL! Whatever works, right? Just joking! It has become a nice side-benefit for me...although the root of the "problem" is still there. How's it going today? Great, I'm sure. Your plan is actually very similar to how I've been eating (when I'm on track:D ) for 5 months now. I eat about 5-300 calorie meals a day and incorporate protein, carbs and fat in each of them. I feel great doing this and can see myself doing it for the rest of my life. Easily.

ladynredd 05-29-2006 08:09 PM

Jill, I congratulate you on your rededication to living a healthier life. I, too, got off track at the beginning of the year when I spent two weeks in CA the end of January. I never really got back ON track until last week. I'm doing well now but I'm making another week-long trip to CA in six weeks! :eek: I definitely need to do some advance planning to help me make better choices this time around.

For now I'm finding, like you, that planning ahead is a *big* help. For the first time in many, many years of dieting I made up the fabled big bowl of pre-made salad fixin's. I'm not normally much of a salad eater as I have difficulty digesting lettuce, but I used sweet peppers, mushrooms, chopped broccoli, chopped cauliflower, raw zucchini, carrots, spinach and a sm. head of romaine lettuce. I just made it up 3 days ago and it's almost gone! A record for me. I usually top it with grilled chicken or a packet of seasoned tuna and voila! A meal in a bowl. Easy and quick.

Here's a sprinkle of :dust: for us all!

srmb60 05-29-2006 08:19 PM

Love ya Jilly. Get that tracker moving the other way!!!!

midwife 05-29-2006 09:00 PM

Shawn, no problem with the quote. I'm glad you like it. I realized that perfection is impossible but as long as I am mostly doing okay, I see results.

famograham 05-29-2006 09:45 PM

I agree with everyone else Jill. I think it's a good plan and I KNOW you can do it!

:cheer:
:hug:
Linda