3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   It is Official! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/85287-official.html)

taekwondomom 05-25-2006 03:21 AM

It is Official!

I'm running a 5K race in August! :carrot:

I've actually been wanting to do one since I started running last July but this time I've actually registered! I'm so excited (and nervous)!:dizzy:!

In fact, I may be running my first 5k June 3 as there will be a Race for the Cure in Madison. I would really like to do this one, but I'm nervous about going alone and making a fool of myself. I really want to though; I just need to work up the courage!

I've also found quite a few more in my area that I'm interested in, including one that's only a few miles from my house.
The only one I've officially registered for is the one in August. I am so excited about training for the race! Yay!

Jen415 05-25-2006 09:27 AM

Congrats Laura!! Best of luck to you!!

kykaree 05-25-2006 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taekwondomom
In fact, I may be running my first 5k June 3 as there will be a Race for the Cure in Madison.

Do that one too, coz that's my birthday, and I'll be sure to send you :running: thoughts!!!!

Congrats, I've got my first 10k on June 11!!!! :cb:

andoreth 05-25-2006 10:22 AM

Congratulations!

Man, I am so jealous.:yes: <-- (Me, green with envy but still happy for you)

Discovering that I couldn't run anymore was one of my wake-up calls that it was really time to do something about my weight. It's funny: I hated running as a child, and I was certainly not interested in running once it was optional, not part of a gym class, but now that I know that the option isn't there it's the one thing I long to do more than anything else.

I'd rather be able to run around the block then eat a banana cream pie, and that says a lot!:D But, enough about me...

YOU are great, and I'm sure that you'll do great in the race!

|---|:running:...............:running:...:running:.... ...:running:
you----^

barbygirl43 05-25-2006 11:26 AM

That is so great. I too agree to do the one in June. Look at the cause and the reason for the run and not necessarily who will or won't be there with you. :)

Foreverhopefull 05-25-2006 11:45 AM

Wow , my lungs couldn't handle such a run (even on one of the best days of my life).

I totaly envy you.

Like everyone else , go for the June 3rd one too. It will be a great chance to test how ready you are for the next one ( and level what to do and what not too)

famograham 05-25-2006 12:33 PM

:cheer: GO LAURA GO :cheer:

That is awesome!!!

:hug:
Linda

Sandi 05-25-2006 12:59 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a huge step!!!

I read this blog www.msteechur.com. She does Races and Marathons too. It just goes to show you that change is possible!!!

taekwondomom 05-26-2006 04:51 PM

I have the Race for the Cure registration form printed out.
Deep breath.........now I just have to fill it out, write the check and pop it in the mail!
Thanks for all the kind comments and encouragement! You guys are the best! :hug:

YP1 05-26-2006 05:05 PM

Get that form in the post, you'll love it!

jtammy 05-26-2006 07:45 PM

Good for you, Laura. Whichever one you start with is wonderful. I hope to be so fit one day.