Old 05-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #16  
Going to ONEderland

that works? HEY that's cool!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:47 PM   #17  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

YAY! I'm glad it worked for you

You can do that with any of the smilies in the list...just jot down the word inside the colon's and type it in there!

xoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #18  

Thanks for all the kinds words. You guys are teriffic. My mother could learn a few things from all of you. Mom is mom, my three sisters and I agree she is not happy unless she is unhappy or complaining about something. I have just learned to take/love as she it. I don't think she realized what she said was hurtfull to me. I try very hard with my three grown children not to me like my mother. Mom is soon to be 70 and I am 50 yet she can still make me feel like I am 8 years old again. If she is jealous of something, I don't know what it would be, it is not her weight. She is just the right size and looks great in anything she wears.
DH retired a couple of years ago and we are thinking of moving west. I don't think I could live in the same town as my mother. She would drive me crazy. But I would love to be around my sisters and all the neices, nephews and the greats.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I think everyone has someone in their life that is like this. My MIL once unpacked some of my boxes (that were stored in her shed) holding clothes I hope to one day wear again & then started wearing them herself! When I called her on it she said: "You'll never be small to wear this again." Totally unaware that it was like she had punched me in the gut!

Great work on 49lbs!!! That's so super!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

I feel sort of bad now for feeling growly about my mom's reaction to the menopause thing. I love mom and talk to her everyday. She has given me endless hours of listening to me (she's my shrink ~ LOL). Maybe she was having a bad day, or maybe I was and maybe she didn't mean it like how I took it.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:55 AM   #21  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeguard
... When I called her on it she said: "You'll never be small to wear this again." Totally unaware that it was like she had punched me in the gut!
Ooooooooo... that would make me really upset too! Not only insulting you but wearing your clothes like those boxes were just an extension of her closet? Grrrrr!

But I guess you could use it as an incentive to get those clothes back where they belong

Or... bury her behind the shed.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:51 AM   #22  

Quote:
I think everyone has someone in their life that is like this. My MIL once unpacked some of my boxes (that were stored in her shed) holding clothes I hope to one day wear again & then started wearing them herself! When I called her on it she said: "You'll never be small to wear this again." Totally unaware that it was like she had punched me in the gut!

Great work on 49lbs!!! That's so super!
To wear your clothes with out askng is out right mean. I can believe my mother didn't mean to hurt me by what she said. Your MIL knew what she was doing. I am sorry.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #23  

blah, that was an icchy thing for her to say to you.... awesome job on the 49 lb weight loss!!!!!
OneHottMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #24  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Relatives can be the worse for encouragement. The one that gets me is watch out and don't gain it back. Now come on is anyone's intention to set out and gain weight. Like that really needs to be said. Sorry you had to deal with these kind of comments but just chalk it up to her not thinking and go on. That's what I do most of the time. It can be hard with some comments but people really don't mean to be that way.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #25  

I am very appreciative that my parents are very supportive of my efforts and that they are encouraging me with the optifast route... i know that I don't have to worry about any of those things from my parents... now my grandma or my "friends"... maybe.
The only response to those people who say the "wrong" thing is: "I'm sorry that you have a problem with my weight loss. I feel great and I am doing what is right for me; and I don't need negative comments from you or anyone."
Of course, I may not be that nice depending on who says it... I don't care how close I am to the person who says the wrong thing, I wouldn't be able to let it go until I told 'em where to stick it....
I guess I'm just tired of being berated and put down... I've become somewhat fiesty over the last few years and don't have much tolerance for negativity directed toward me and my goals.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:58 PM   #26  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Quote:
OUCH! Wow...that's pretty bad. I am so sorry that happened to you! I struggle sometimes with how some people's minds work. How was any of that ok to her??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl
Ooooooooo... that would make me really upset too! Not only insulting you but wearing your clothes like those boxes were just an extension of her closet? Grrrrr!

But I guess you could use it as an incentive to get those clothes back where they belong

Or... bury her behind the shed.
Sarah, that was AWESOME! (Lovely name, by the way! ) Now THAT is a healthy response to an unhealthy situation.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, my MIL is a little bit ... eccentric - is the nicest way I can say it. She's really quite clueless at how her comments effect people. I need to learn to take with a grain a salt but some times are harder than others.

Thanks though - it's good to know that I'm not the only one who thought it was out of bounds!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #28  

Another comment that I really hate is....
Watch Out make sure you are not losing weight for the wrong reasons...
If you are losing weight and its going good...
SO !
My weight loss has been for many different reasons
It really depends what mood I am in...
But when I first started it was because of an
1 airplane seat...
2 hubbys class reunion in Sept.
3 I will have a senior next year ( lots of senior night PICTURES PICTURS PICTURES)
4 Not a thing cute to wear..

The more I lose the more I am doing it for my health.
I love the way I feel now..
I can get around so much better..That's with only close to 40 lbs gone..
I cant wait till the next 40 goes...
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #29  

Sorry that your feelings were hurt. You are doing great. My boyfriend's step mother is wonderful at squashing my feelings at every opportunity. I tend to be a yo-yo dieter, losing and gaining all the time. When I recently told her I had lost 60 lbs she said THIS TIME? I hate that she feels like she must point out my shortcommings, I know what my shortcommings are, because THEY'RE MINE. Sorry...didn't mean to vent also. OOPS. I'm sure she will come around and see the awesome job you are doing.
TivoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #30  
rethinking myself...

S/C/G: 276/256/175

Height: 5' 11"

49 pounds is such an accomplishment! Be proud. Forget about anything people have to say. (Easier said than done, I know). It all comes down to how YOU feel about it.

Good job! Don't let anything stop you.
kittymuse is offline   Reply With Quote