3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Update: Where are you at with your weight loss journey (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/83472-update-where-you-your-weight-loss-journey.html)

howie6267 05-09-2006 07:38 PM

Good thread. I know what you mean Beverly about getting comments on your weight loss. With me it depends on who is doing the commenting. I still like hearing it from some but I can see where you would just want to get past it and live like everyone else.

I have lost a total of 245 as of December 21st. 172 of that in the last 2 years. Since then I have gained and lost the same 10 lbs four times. I would like to get down to 225 for a final goal and I am at 251 right now. I would like to make that goal no later than next June 2nd which is my 40th birthday. So I have a year and 2 weeks to lose 26 lbs. You would think since I did 172 lbs in 2 years that 26 in 1 year would be doable. Time will tell. I do know one thing for sure. I will never ever become the person I once was. I like my new life and I'm going to keep it that way.

Heather 05-09-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howie6267
I do know one thing for sure. I will never ever become the person I once was. I like my new life and I'm going to keep it that way.

Amen!

lessofsarahtolove 05-10-2006 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howie6267
I still like hearing it from some but I can see where you would just want to get past it and live like everyone else.

Sorry to go off topic a little, but I can definitely relate to this from the perspective of a cancer survivor. It's a big part of the reason I wanted to get the heck out of our Maryland house. Everyone on my block saw me as The Cancer Patient, and I couldn't have any exchange at all without the conversation going back to the cancer. All roads inevitably led back to cancer. It overshadowed everything, even after they'd seen me leaving my house for work every weekday for 8 months (and had seen me as a professional woman and a nice neighbor for years beforehand.) (Some of you might remember that old Joe Jackson song, "Everything Gives You Cancer" -- I would walk away from them hearing it in my head, but instead it was, "Everything, Leads to Cancer..." Their intentions were good, but enough already! I'll talk about it extremely openly, I'm proud of being a survivor :yes: and I was certainly never ashamed (I didn't even wear a wig, as Howie and Kimberley can attest!) -- but that's just one aspect of who I am. There's a lot more to me, really! :rolleyes: I'm multidimensional, I promise! So in that respect, I can sort of relate, I think. It's like, can't we just have a normal conversation without you asking me about my latest scans or current prognosis?? :dizzy:

Anyway, sorry if I sound like an ingrate, but it grew very annoying indeed. The one-dimensionality of your experiences, Beverly and Howie, was what reminded me of my own experience with it.

howie6267 05-10-2006 09:07 AM

No apology necessary. I know how you feel in that one aspect of it. Sure is good to see you back. It's also good to see Gretchen back. I seen her on another post. I've missed having you two around. You both really inspired me to get my act together when I started coming back here 2 years ago.

lessofsarahtolove 05-10-2006 11:01 AM

Howie, you're so gracious. :hug: I am so happy that you're still a presence here, because I -- like so many others here -- value your support and example and grace so much more than your humblebutt self could ever realize! :D I haven't seen Gretchen here since I returned, but she's posted on my blog several times over the last couple of months. GRETCHEN! Come out, come out, wherever you are!! :coach: I need you, man!! :yes:

As for my post above -- it was late and I didn't want to hijack the whole thread so I didn't go into a lot of detail, but it was more than just them asking about my prognosis. They spoke to me differently (like in a different octave, and with a noticeably patronizing "awwww" kind of way.) (And none of them ever helped us when I was going through it!) Anyway, I don't live there anymore, and now I can tell whoever I want, when I want, and how I want.

And today's Wednesday and I got back on plan on Monday and I'm down 5 pounds so far, so life is good! :lol:

Thank you again, Howie. You're a beautiful person, and so is Kimberley. (And you both give a damned good hug!)

howie6267 05-10-2006 11:45 PM

Well I was looking and it was this post that I seen Gretchen on. If you look back a little you will see her.

Thanks for you kind words. As always you are such and encourager.

tolose85 05-11-2006 08:25 AM

I'm around or should I say A-ROUNDer person than before! I CANNOT get my groove going. I had it down last week-- however, this week went down the tubes. I cannot get it together...

It's very good to see you guys! :) Inspire me....please...