Old 04-02-2006, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default April Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)

Time for another month of NSVs!

I ran a mile outside today. I've been running inside on the treadmill at a greater distance, but tried running outside several days ago and was quite discouraged because I could only make it around the track once. Today I went earlier (think that was the problem--my first try was in the afternoon after I'd already done an hour of cardio and weight lifting), and even though it was raining, I ran a mile so I'm feeling much more optimistic that I'll be able to run a 5K this spring.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I took a bath with my 2 little girls last night! We all fit in the tub just fine - of course when I got in the water level rose quite a bit and I had to let some drain out!! I know lots of you might think that this is silly and maybe icky (considering what babies can do in the bathtub! ), but it was fun!! I never would have fit in the tub comfortably with them a couple months ago.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #3  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

ahhh.. you guys.. those are great

*Sheila.. i think its awesome that your running, how did you get started.. i seem to remember a time when i was **JOCK GIRL EXTRODINAIRE** but im clueless about how to get back into it!!

*momto2sweetpeas.. i think its so cool that you got in the tub with them.. i KNOW my booty aint fitting in a tub with my kids.. the last time i took a bath with my daughter she was a little baby.. (she just turned 6).. I can just almost see how precious that really was!! Congrats
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Thanks! Mine are still pretty little - that's why it works - the oldest just turned 2 and the youngest will be 1 next week.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Sheila - it's amazing how much harder it is to run outside! Congrats to you!!

supernurse - I'm not exactly a full blown runner, I am just getting started myself, I am following a program..
Week 1 - 30 seconds run, 4 min 30 seconds walk, do this 7 times.
Week 2 - 1 minute run, 4 min walk, 7 times (this is the hardest one)
Week 3 - 1 min 30 seconds run, 3 min 30 seconds walk, 7 times
Week 4 - 2 min run, 3 min walk, 7 times
Week 5 - 2 min 30 seconds run, 2 min 30 seconds walk, 7 times..

You can guess how the next 5 weeks go. I am at the end of week 2, and it's getting a whole lot easier. The first run of the week I thought I might die, infact I often thought it would be easier than keeping on running. But now that I'm at the end of the week, it's feeling easier. All the same I'm adding one more day, just to be sure I'm ready to boost up.

My NSV - I went to the GAP to get the black capri's I want, we searched high and low for an XL, and turns out, I need the Large! Woohoo!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #6  
maintainer wannabe

woohoo Sheila! That must have felt great. You'll be awesome in the 5k.

Nori I love your new Avatar. I saw the pic too somewhere. Congrats on fitting! Fitting places was one of my main goals. Its so nice to fit.

Aimee WTG on the running and congrats on needing a large!

Catherine
mabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I have a couple.
It's been four weeks now since I quit smoking! I'm so very , very happy about this.
It's been two days now that I have stayed under in my calorie intake. Usually I'm at the high end or over. I don't actually track calories as part of my plan. I count servings but for some reason I can't get past not doing the calories, it drives me nuts! So I've been doing them anyway and I have been under. I've very proud of that because I find my eating can be terrible and a struggle most days.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #8  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Great NSVs!

Special congrats to Donna for packing up the weed!

I'm not sure I class mine as a victory. The size 13 jeans I posted about a few weeks ago are already loose on me! I'm going to the U.K. next Monday, and they have to last me the 6 weeks I'm away. On the other hand, what are the chances of my losing weight during the trip...?
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ali -- That is definitely an NSV!

I did my whole cardio workout on the elliptical the other day (32 min)! Previously, I'd only made it 12 minutes on the elliptical! I hadn't tried in a while and am finally getting the hang of it!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #10  

I am a consistent size 16 now. Down from 18. I have bought 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of capris and another pair of jeans through the mail and they are all 16s. I am excited about that.
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: ?/250/160

Height: 5'6"

An early NSV for me - the elevator was broken in one of the buildings on campus today...the building where I have a 4th floor class! I managed to get all the way up 4 killer flights of stairs without passing out, and was just barely out of breath. If this had happened a month ago, I know my knees wouldn't have been able to take it.

(This doesn't mean I'm inspired to take the stairs from now on, mind you! )
dustdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

great nsv dustdiva!

I sometimes have to go to the 5th floor of our admin building and am building up the guts to walk the 4 flights. I know I can DO it, but usually when I'm there, I need to look kind of "professional" and not like I'm going to pass out. I am slowly building to it and can now get to the 3rd floor relatively easily.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #13  
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Congratulations to all the stair climbers, elliptical champions, and smaller clothes possesors! Keep up the great work!

-Lala
dalai_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 AM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Congratulations all on your NSV ~ they are great ones!!

I sorta have one ~ yesterday while out shopping ~ I got hungry ~ instead of a candy bar at the check out, I had gotten a yogurt (I keep some plastic spoons in the car for such occasions). Also another sort of one for me ~ several days I have gotten to the end of the day with some calories left over ~ I used to think ~ what can I have with those remaining calories ~ lately, I have stopped to think whether I was hungry or not, and I wasn't so I let the unused calories go.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 02:30 PM   #15  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Well done everyone!

My NSV is that I stuck to my training plan when I couldn't get a treadmill at the gym this morning. I just threw tracksuit bottoms over my shorts (it's a lot colder outside than inside!), put a hat on and headed off for an outside run instead. I run outside at the weekend, but I'd never considered dumping my stuff at the gym then running along the canal instead of pounding away on the treadmill.

But I'll be considering it in future, it was so much nicer!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote