3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Vitamins? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/74833-vitamins.html)

suzisonthemovetolose 01-31-2006 04:14 PM

Vitamins?

Does anyone else here take vitamins to supplment what we may be missing? I am slightly worried about my calcium and iron intake with my eating 1400-1600 calories per day. So I've started taking a once-daily women's multivitamin.

Sandi 01-31-2006 04:17 PM

Since I am not a vegtable lover, I take a daily vitamin whenever I can remember!!

Nori71 01-31-2006 04:23 PM

I do.

NowOrNever! 01-31-2006 04:49 PM

I just take a multi. I don't get people who buy 35 gazillion supplements (ok, I'm thinking of one person here at work who lines up about 30 pills every morning and attempts to pill her way to health).

Alethea 01-31-2006 05:38 PM

Calcium

Just my two cents. . . whether you're on a "diet" or not you might want to take calcium. 1000mg of calcium citrate is recommended by most doctors I know to help prevent osteoporosis. I've also heard rumblings that it helps with weightloss.

tobetheman 01-31-2006 05:59 PM

That many pills could hurt ur body and cause serious illness. Unless u have to for treating a true illness, otherwise it is not a good idea. I try my best to keep my pill amounts down, and substitute oils, food, and seeds with pills only when I absolutely have to. I take a one a day weight loss multivitmain. I buy it at wal-mart and got the equate, generic brand over the regular. There the same.

purplecrush 01-31-2006 07:16 PM

I have the best intentions on taking vitamins. I keep buying them but then I forget to take them. I hate taking pills, I dont even take pills when I have a headache. lol. I have the Womens once a day now, I did have the weightloss ones with green tea and those would make me get sick~ literally. So now Im afraid of taking the womens once a day in the event that I get sick again :(

zoritsa 01-31-2006 07:51 PM

I take the women's chewable vitamins.While they do have a vitamin taste to them,the chocolate ones help me remember to take them :D My Dr. told me a daily vitamin regardless how I ate wouldn't hurt.

SuchAPrettyFace 01-31-2006 11:36 PM

I take a prenatal vitamin every day. I got them @ Sam's CLub for like $10 for 350 of them. They are great for hair & nails. :)

goalnorolls 02-01-2006 06:34 AM

I take oil of olay vitamin packets- the energy one- when I can remember. They have an energy pill which reminds me to take them! :)

ChocLabLover 02-01-2006 08:02 AM

I try to remember to take one multi vitamin a day.

newfiedarling 02-01-2006 08:56 AM

I'm not a vitamin taker. I know I should take calcium supplements because I despise milk but I just can't seem to remember to take them on a regular basis.

~Dee

synger 02-01-2006 09:43 AM

I take a mulit-vitamin with extra B vitamins (Centrum Low-Carb Vitamins, I think). Since I'm cutting back on refined flours, and don't eat grains as much as I once did, I figure the extra B can't hurt (grains are a prime source for a couple of the B vitamins). Plus it's water-soluble, so if I get extra it just excretes out.

I also take two cinnamon capsules every morning. It's supposed to help regulate the blood sugar, and since I have PCOS and am prone to insulin resistance, I figure it can't hurt. It comes out to about a teaspoon of ground cinnamon from the spice cupboard, only in capsule form.

I got in the habit of taking pills every morning years ago when I was on birth control. Now I just take my allergy meds, my vitamin and my cinnamon all at once.

Get up, wash my face, brush my hair, take my pills, powder, dress, and go. It's a matter of habit.

Sheila53 02-01-2006 01:11 PM

I take a time release multi vitamin and extra calcium and Vit. D. If you take calcium, be sure to take Vit. D with it.

Dee, I never thought I'd get osteoporosis because I'm heavy (carrying around my own weight was weight lifting!) and really have no family history. I took calcium on an irregular basis, but I ate cheese, drank milk occasionally, and ate yogurt occasionally. Unfortunately, when I turned 50, I had a bone density test done, and I have osteoporosis in two vertabra, and osteopenia in other areas. So, please, take that calcium!! One pill in the morning with Vit. D, and one pill in the evening with Vit. D. Your bones will thank you when you turn 50! :)

Burgie 02-01-2006 01:30 PM

I take a multi viatamin and viactiv (1000mg Ca and 200 UI Vit D supplement) daily.