Old 01-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #1  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

Smile Can i get some advice on my plan please?!

I decided to post this here because i tend to get more response from everyone here but i have it posted in biggest loser section too, maybe someone can advise me I was just looking for someone to give me their input on my exercise plan and give me some tips please this is a rough draft of what i do in a week

Mon * Biggest loser strength and tone 20 min. night time
3 mile walk WATP dvd

Tue * Biggest loser low impact cardio morning
WATP 2 miles at night

Wen * Biggest loser strength and tone night
3 mile walk morning WATP

Thur * Biggest loser high impact cardio 20 min morning
treadmill for 2 miles

Fri * Biggest loser strength and tone night
treadmill for 2-3 miles

Sat * Morning treadmill 45-60 minutes

Sun * Morning treadmill 45-60 minutes

I do rotate a few of these when i feel like it but i usually do some kind of cardio in the morning and night then strength training every other night Should i see result's from this plan and eating healthy under 1600 cal's a day and alway's above 1200 ?? This is what i've planned should it work how can i improve it?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP I REALLY NEED IT!
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #2  

Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't know what kind of advice you're looking for--if you can keep that much exercise in your schedule, then power to you! My only concern would be getting bored, but that's all a matter of personal preference.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #4  
Downsizing Dee!

I think it's a good plan if it's one you can sustain and feel comfortable doing. It's quite a bit of exercise. I don't know how much, or with what intensity, you've exercised in the past but this certainly seems like quite a bit to start out with. I don't want you to burn out too early and give it all up.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #5  
Jennifer

I don't know much about these particular workouts, but this certainly looks like a good regime to me. Just keep the calories under control with healthy, whole foods, and I bet you'll see major results in no time.

Also, I would suggest that you keep switching up and intensifying your workout routine as your stamina improves. Also, do you have access to any free weights/weight machines, by chance? Might be good to throw in some heavy lifting; I know it's done me a world of good.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #6  

I actually love to work out i've just been lazy in the past I feel bad if i don't workout in the morning and i sleep better if i workout at night. I was just asking If this looked like a plan along with about 1500 cals a day i could lose weight?! That's all thanks for the opinions
Old 01-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

How long have you been working this exercise plan in combination with the calorie count? I'd think your results thus far would be indicitive of whether its working for you or not. I'd just make sure you're not overdoing it. Most experts agree that giving the body a rest one or two days a week is best. As for the 1200-1600 calorie range, that depends on your current weight. Larger people need more calories than those who weigh less, especially with that much exercise. I was eating 1200 calories at 160lbs. to maintain and keep my metabolism running. At 260lbs. I was eating closer to 2000 calories and losing nicely.

The most important part of a plan is choosing something you can keep going in the long run and not for short term loss. If you feel comfortable and find its working for you ~ great! Please remember that an average loss of 1-2 lbs. a week is recommended for health purposes (and a better chance of keeping it off permanently). Good luck
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #8  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I think I fall in a bit with some of Jillegal's comments. I'll offer up two things to think about:

(1) You plan on doing this exercise level and limiting to 1500 calories?? I think that's going to slow your weight loss and you will ultimately get very tired. Personally, I think you should be eating more, but I don't know what your weight is so am unsure what advice specifically to offer. I'll say though that my *base* calorie limit is 1500 and then I ADD back in calories on my exercise days--so, effectively I am keeping myself at about a 1,000 calorie per day deficit (~ 2 pounds/week).

(2) You really should have at LEAST one rest day. Really. Your body needs time to recover. If this exercise is new, then I personally think you should have two rest days; you can then build on that, but if you're very overweight, it is going to be even more important for you to build rest days into the plan. Your muscles need that time to recover--whenever you exercise, you create micro-tears and your tissue needs to rebuild. If you're overweight, exercise puts even more pressure on your joints and THOSE need time to recover. My concern with this 7 day schedule is that you will end up injured or constantly fatigued, get discouraged, and then ALL the exercise will go out the window.

Just my two cents: I would probably take off one day during the week (like Wed) and then one day on weekend. This gives you a mental break too. Use the Wednesday time off to focus on getting chores done (like...go grocery shopping or something) so that you're not feeling like your other exercise time is cutting into those activities (I work, so for me this is a hugely successful strategy ) Use the weekend day off to just REEEELAX with family, friends, whatever without having to schedule the day around a workout time. For your other weekend aerobic time that you have scheduled on the treadmill? If it's not raining or snowing, I would try to make that an outdoor day (in nice weather, maybe a hike)--just something to help break up all the indoor exercise time which can get very dull over time.

If you don't want to take 2 days off right now, I would say at the very least to take either Sat or Sun completely off and then boost the other weekend day to the full 60 minutes. But girl....you have got to build some rest in here. I can almost feel the shin splits, tendonitis, etc. building!

Tracy
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

While I agree about the "rest" day, I always do an "active rest" day. I don't do my normal routine, but I do walk at a moderate pace and I stretch (that's more of an age issue for me). Actually, what we usually do is walk to a restaurant for breakfast.

I think you should be able to lose weight on this regimen, depending on your calories and current weight. However, I do think you might get a bit bored. But try it and see what happens. If you discover you are bored after a couple of weeks, then you can change it up again.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:40 PM   #10  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

That is a little over 60 minutes of exercise each day - on average, right? Looks similar to what I do. I normally go to the gym, but have been home with sick kiddos for 2 weeks now, so have been doing WATP 3 mile and the BL dvd's. I am starting to get board with the WATP one. Might get another one, since my kids seem to be getting worse rather than better. I aim for between 1,400-1,600 cal a day. I'm losing weight at a very predictable rate for now. If it's working for you, stick with it!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #11  

I agree, it's all about what works for you. You can only try it and see. It's important that you pick something that you can enjoy and that you set aside the time every day to do something. Change your workout plan and your routine when you get bored, or you won't make the time to do it.
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #12  

Well your all going to crap when you find out how much i weigh! Im currently 237 and i started at 245! So since jan 9th when i started i've lost 8 lbs doing what im doing BUT i did cheat like crazy over the weekend so i don't expect to see a lose this monday. I eat any where above 1400 calories a day to 1800 calories a day max! And alot of the time i feel like im eating way too much! Im thinkin of doing a sunday off day but just being active that day like go on a walk with daughter or go to the park ect.. I just really really want to lose weight bad and i know me sitting on my butt isn't going to get me where i want to be and i've heard you should have about 60 minutes of cardio everyday just for health i feel if i slip a workout im gaining weight im so scared of failing and i don't want to give up.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysmommy
http://www.***********.com/myspark/n...tByID=,%20TRUE
Is this even showing up when it's clicked on? someone let me know please
No, it doesn't work. You can't link to Spark from here because they have a weight loss support message board as well and is, therefore, seen as competition. It's in the rules for this forum that you can't link to competing sites.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #14  

oh, Okay good to know! that explains why lol.. thanks for the bit of info I should do more research i guess! Although it wasn't to the exact site it was just my list of food that i could print on a separate page. oh well!