3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 01-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #16

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I saved the dinner on the counter for a few minutes waiting for my mother in law to come home to show her sence she's doing weight watchers also. She said whats that horrible smell. I showed her the meal but said I didn't realise the house smelled bad. I bent down to smell the shrimp and started to gag so bad. They were rotten. I threw it in the garbage and took it out to the garage tied up in a bad. I did e-mail the company and sent the pic. I will update on what there response is.
“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #17

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I agree with the others that they look raw. I ate that meal a week or so ago and noticed my shrimp had done the same thing. I ended up having to cook it an extra couple of minutes to get all the scrimp a pink color and not the gray.

Halloween Goal

barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I second (or third or fourth...) that they are simply undercooked. Mushy raw shrimp definitely will not have a pleasant odor, but that doesn't mean it's gone bad. If it was truly rotten, I don't think the parts that cooked (pink) would even have looked normal, but they do. It probably just needed to be cooked longer, and most microwave meals come with little disclaiers at the bottom of the label that state that microwave ovens vary and cooking times may need to be adjusted. You could still send the picture and a (polite) note, but seeing that some of the shrimp are half-cooked (half pink) says to me that it just needed some more nuking
Got down to about 185 before pregnancy;
Benjamin David born March 24, 2012, 7 pounds 11 ounces
Post-pregnancy: 206.5
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:49 PM   #19

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I promise you that shrimp smelled completely rotten. I did try re-cooking it for another 5 minutes just to see if the smell would die off and it would turn pink. It did not. The whole house reeked. It was horrible. Oh, and the company sent me this today.

January 23, 2006

Dear Ms. LiFonti,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about STOUFFER'S® LEAN CUISINE® Lemon Garlic Shrimp. We welcome questions and comments from loyal consumers such as yourself and appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

We have read your email and appreciate the photograph you sent. Raw shrimp will have a gray pigmentation in the flesh. When cooked or blanched, this pigmentation will turn pink. Different species of shrimp will have slightly different coloring when cooked. Also, the degree of pigmentation of the shrimp is somewhat impacted by the diet and the environment where the shrimp lives. A darker or muddier bottom will cause the shrimp to be darker while a lighter or sandier bottom will cause the shrimp to be lighter. Our shrimp is a farm-raised white shrimp (Penaeus vannamei) from Thailand. It is the dominant specie found in the global marketplace and tends to have moderate or fairly light pigmentation.

At Nestlé, we are dedicated to you and your family throughout every phase of your lives. Your feedback is valuable to us, as it helps us to improve our products and services.

We appreciate your interest in our products and hope you will visit our website often for the latest information on our products and promotions.

Sincerely,
Kathleen Hayes
Consumer Response Representative
“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results.”

Melody2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #20
Big Ol' loser

definetly raw...but I am very particular about the protein portion of a meal. I really would be sick!
Old 01-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #21
Heather/Caterpillar

I knew there was a reason I was a vegan...you don't get this problem with beans!

Salford City Reds-The Greatest Rugby League Team In The Known Universe!
Start Weight: 19st (266lbs)
Goal One:17st
Goal Two:15st
Goal Three:13st
Goal Four:12st
Goal Five:10st
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote