3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How often to you do your measurements? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/72954-how-often-you-do-your-measurements.html)

Nori71 01-15-2006 03:50 PM

How often to you do your measurements?

I forgot to do my measurements until today. Never done it much. Just curious how often you all measure? I was thinking like once a month. I know, silly question! Just wondering.

lucky_me 01-15-2006 03:54 PM

I have always done it once a month. :)

Kamily828 01-15-2006 04:51 PM

I forgot to do any measurements.

Out of curiosity...what do you measure?

kykaree 01-15-2006 04:54 PM

I do mine every 8 weeks. Upper arms, forearms, thighs, calves, hips, abdomen, waist. It's really motivating, especially when the scales aren't playing!

susie_sunshine 01-15-2006 05:10 PM

I'm a once a month girl!

RobertW 01-15-2006 05:38 PM

I try on my "skinny jeans" at least once a week, and I measure my arms a few times per week, but that is to reassure myself that I am not LOSING too much size on them.

72butterfly 01-15-2006 06:56 PM

I never think about taking my measurements. I will start next month and do it every 8 weeks. It is difficult when you know you're doing everything you are supposed to and it is not evident on the scale. I do try on old clothes too and that lets me know.

Nori71 01-15-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamily828
I forgot to do any measurements.

Out of curiosity...what do you measure?

I know, I forgot until today also! I measured lots of places - but the main numbers were:
bust: 45
waist: 41
hips: 48
Pretty blah, huh!

My arms will be a special challenge! I have HUGE upper arms. Way out of proportion. Even on an obese person, I think. They measure 18 and 19 inches!:o Which happens to be the same number on my calves.:?:

What were your numbers?

-Nori

DollyR 01-15-2006 07:04 PM

I check the clothes in my closet that have gotten too small. I can pretty much figure right now what I weighed when I wore them so I try them occasionally if I am getting closer. My green sweater looks better after only 6 pounds.

cagirlygirl 01-15-2006 08:30 PM

Nori,

I have super duper upper arms, too. :( At my highest (around 213 pounds), they were 17 1/2 inches in diameter. They were, by far, my biggest hang up about my body. I hadn't been sleeveless in public since about the age of 6.

There's good news, though! At 168 pounds, they've shrunk considerably. They measure about 13 3/4 inches now. Still considerably bigger than average, but I went to a formal Christmas party wearing a sleeveless (and backless! :o ) halter dress this year, and it was a big victory. Hang in there, girl! ;)

As for me, I measure whenever I think about it, usually once a month or so - or if I'm feeling particularly skinny :D

cheers! :hat:
paula

Nori71 01-15-2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagirlygirl
Nori,

I have super duper upper arms, too. :( At my highest (around 213 pounds), they were 17 1/2 inches in diameter. They were, by far, my biggest hang up about my body. I hadn't been sleeveless in public since about the age of 6.

I do not do sleeveless. Only in bed, with the lights out! HUGE HANG-up! Actually I do 3/4 sleeves almost all the time. When I got down to 172 about 7 years ago and had my body fat measured with calipers--they were the fattest part (%-wise) on my entire body!:o But yes, they did shrink nicely. Hopefully they will again. I got married in a sleeveless dress in '99 and it looked fine. Heck it looked "hot" compared to what I've gotten myself back up to! Oh well, here's to sexy arms all around! :cheers:

sabriena 01-15-2006 08:39 PM

I do it once a month too. I started every week, but didn't see the point..once a month shows more change :)

ScarlettDrawl 01-15-2006 09:58 PM

Monthly here too. I mainly watch the measurements of my bust, abdomen, hips, and thighs. The rest (arms, calves, etc) don't bother me.

YP1 01-16-2006 01:54 PM

I used to do them every month, but I've got out of the habit. I occasionally do them when I'm looking at the websites of clothes shops to see what size I am, but I tend to go more by the fit of stuff I try on than the numbers on a tape measure.

killingjanni 01-16-2006 02:10 PM

Once a month :)