3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Plan for that curve ball (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/72900-plan-curve-ball.html)

Charbar 01-14-2006 11:22 PM

Plan for that curve ball

CarolO inspired this thread. You thought you were having a crappy week and you inspired me! thanks!

So.. life just threw you a curve ball. What do you want to do? Run for the fridge or the snack cupboard? Wait, hold on! Let's come up with some better ideas!

First.. what are some curve balls that can happen? let's list them and some possible solutions. These can be things that have worked for you or your own plans of attack that you hope you won't need.

example:

curve ball:
your mother comes for stressful visit

plan:
1. write out a menu - with foods you will both enjoy. once the menu is planned you can enjoy the visit.

2. go for a morning walk - this way you have a great start to your day and get that personal time you both need during a visit.

SuchAPrettyFace 01-15-2006 01:51 PM

I am served food I should not eat

Eat the things you can have. Stop on the way home for a salad if you are still hungry. Or you could estimate the calories & stop when you're sated. Concentrate on the company, rather than the meal itself.

Great thread, Dana!

Nori71 01-15-2006 04:13 PM

curve ball:
My baby is getting sick, which means I can't take her to the daycare room at the gym...which is probably where she caught this anyways!!

plan:
Just dusted off my exercise DVD's, bands, weights... only thing is, I HATE working out at home. I will do it though.

kykaree 01-15-2006 05:04 PM

Curve ball: you're at work, you're tired and chocolate is all around

Plan: take your allotted break, walk to the cafeteria, buy a banana and walk the three flights of stairs back to the office, crises averted!

DollyR 01-15-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykaree
Curve ball: you're at work, you're tired and chocolate is all around

Plan: take your allotted break, walk to the cafeteria, buy a banana and walk the three flights of stairs back to the office, crises averted!

What great way to hit it out of the park so to speak!!

Now for me.......
Curve Ball: Not planning well in advacne for my lunches and wanting to solve it with the double cheeseburger at Burger King. ( Across the street from the school)

Plan: Make sure every trip to the commissary I have planned for lunch and have several either homemade soups or lean cuisines in the freezer for the days I run out. I also keep applesauce in the cabinet so I can have my fruit.

missaprylj 01-15-2006 09:39 PM

Curve ball: I'm scheduled to be somewhere from 7:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. with really no honest breaks in between.

Plan: Keep healthy travel foods around. Pack a lunchbox full of fruit, veggies, yogurt, cheese, etc. Eat a good healthy breakfast. Drink lots of water.