3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Rewards? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/71957-rewards.html)

Heva2015 01-06-2006 08:31 PM

Rewards?

Hi
I just wondered if anyone had thought of a reward for when you lose all the weight...my biggest reward of course will be being thin and sexy!!! The other one I have planned is some lovely hair extensions...expensive ones which I've wanted for ages (my hair is really short and not growing after chemo 8 years ago) so I've been saving the £10 I normally spend on takeaway each week towards this!

Heather

rabidstoat 01-06-2006 09:17 PM

I don't have rewards so much as things I plan to do anyway, and then I know I want to be healthier when it gets around to doing them. Though when I get to 200 pounds I'm getting a massage. :)

My next big thing I'm driving towards isn't until the end of November and into December. And it's still in the planning stages. It's going to be my trip around Southeast Asia. It's pretty extravagant, I'm planning to be gone about 5-6 weeks total. Should be awesome!

The good thing is, for me, it's not as expensive as it sounds. I do a lot of business travel, so I can get a free roundtrip ticket there in business class. Once I'm there, things become a lot cheaper. I'm splurging for a nice place in Bangkok, budgetting $90/night there. The rest of my places are more of the $20-$30/night variety, which is still a decently nice place over there. Food's cheap, travel is cheap, sightseeing is cheap. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm hoping to be down below 200 pounds by then -- still huge for Asia, but less huge. And I want to get in shape so I can power-tour, maybe do an overnight trek or two, be able to climb lots of stairs and hills and stuff, etc. So I'm trying not to look at it as 'exercise' so much as 'training for my vacation'.

Grumbleworts 01-06-2006 09:18 PM

Thats a great reward for yourself!
I've decided that when i lose half the weight, I am going to the mall and getting my makeup done by a professional and buying the stuff to look good.
When I get completely finished...well, that one I'm still thinking about. Maybe a trip to Victoria's Secret to buy lingere I've never been able to wear before! (at least, not an feel comfortable!)

:)

I know I'm not quite in the right forum category...but I figured I was close enough, and you guys have the best posts! :)

FreshStart06 01-06-2006 09:32 PM

I'm planning two things for when I lose all the weight that I want to. First is a big shopping spree courtesey of my mom and some of my own money. I've been promised dozens of times by my mom that when I lose my weight, she would buy me lots of clothes. I'm not losing this weight for her offer, but it would be a nice reward. I'm also planning to save up for a trip to Trinidad. I've never been out of the country, and I think that would be so much fun. I want to go there in at least a hot bathing suit and not shorts and a t-shirt to swim in!

Jenniffer 01-07-2006 11:00 AM

ooooHH....you guys know how to do it! I am planning a trip in November with about 8 family members to see my grandparents for Thanksgiving, bringing my bf who has never been to Florida, so I want to show him everything, including the beaches. That is one "reward" I am looking foward to.

The shopping spree, massage, spa day...and then a vacation to Las Vegas for New Years 2007. Yeah baby!

kykaree 01-07-2006 01:39 PM

I'm 201lbs now, and my 60lb treat was 7 sets of matching underwear (bought for half price in the sales. I bought the brand Freya and one Lejaby set, and they are beautiful. They make me feel slim! Even though I'm not yet. At goal it will be clothes. At 50lbs lost I bought a load of new clothes as my old ones were falling off!!! I adore shopping now, it's so much fun now i can go into more shops!

ScarlettDrawl 01-07-2006 02:54 PM

Clothes for me! I love shopping and clothing but get frustrated with my limited choices at my current size.

Less_of_Me_to_Love 01-08-2006 12:32 AM

When I make it to onederland I plan on treating myself to a nice long massage! And when I reach my ultimate goal (somewhere between 140 and 120) my husband has said he will buy me a Louis Vuitton bag! (I'm a handbag addict!)

I know that the biggest reward will be my health, and feeling pretty! But I can't help but look forward to those little things along the way!

Jillegal 01-08-2006 03:45 PM

Granted, I was still a little ways from goal ~ but I treated myself to a trip to Russia and it was a glorious experience! Pricey, yes, but when I took into consideration the money I had saved during the two years leading up to the trip (not buying junk food, avoiding fast food drive-thrus, restricting alcohol, not ordering dessert when at restaurants, and giving up Canadian Maple donuts with my daily Tim Hortons coffee) I'm sure it covered the cost of the trip! Most definitely, that wonderful trip was much more memorable, satisfying and fulfilling than any of those other things I used to spend money on before changing my lifestyle! :D

mousie 01-08-2006 03:59 PM

I have a list of 12 goal weights (random weights that mean something to me). When I hit each goal, I put $100 in a separate account. I have $200 so far. When I get to goal, I'm planning to 'bribe' myself with $100 for each month I maintain within 5 pounds of that weight. Once I have $2500 in my account, I'm taking that and supplementing it with other monies and getting myself a tummy tuck!

DollyR 01-08-2006 04:34 PM

When I lose the weight I am getting a tummy tuck in Thailand. I am also shopping at Banana Republic.

mousie 01-08-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollyR
When I lose the weight I am getting a tummy tuck in Thailand. I am also shopping at Banana Republic.

You know, I have heard a lot of people mention getting this sort of thing done in Thailand. How does one research this? Do they have similar training, similar requirements, similar patient safety safeguards...?

barbygirl43 01-09-2006 10:32 AM

Mousie that sounds like a great idea.

I have a couple of rewards in place for when I reach certain goals as well. At 225, I would like to properly ride a horse.
At 200, I supposed to learn how to team rope, although now that hubby is more into motorcyles and less into horses I'm not sure when I'll learn this
At 175, I'm getting a tattoo.
At 150, (goal) a weekend spa getaway.

myholidayboyz 01-09-2006 10:49 AM

A few years ago I bought an Italian Charm bracelet and bought myself a new charm for every 10 pounds lost. :) I have 5 on there now (from the original 50 pounds lost) and need to lose 22 pounds before I can buy another one. :) The way I see it, by the time I reach my goal I'll have 13 charms that mean something to me or describe my life in some way. :)

I only have one big reward planned.... I'm getting my belly button pierced as soon as I cross over into Onederland. :) Oh, and dh is buying me a brand new wardrobe as soon as I reach goal and have maintained for a little bit. :) We made the deal before we got married 10 years ago and he says that it'll be worth every penny. :)

teahoney 01-09-2006 12:35 PM

Y'all have the best ideas. I'm going to have to think some up as I've never really thought about it before.