Old 01-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I love that everytime I go to the doctor's they send me for tests to see if I've got Diabetes, you know, because it's *obvious* that I do. (although, I really do love the looks on their face when I don't, personal victory)

I love that getting dress in the morning involves, baby powder and a girdle, because I don't need those 5 minutes back.

I love it when my skinny friends complain about being *so* fat and I win. Apryl, we should consult on ways to kick their butts..

I love how my personality always makes up for the fact I'm fat!

I love designers, pants that come up to my boobs hold more in, right?

I love all my shopping options, its so wonderful to shop at the same store over and over again, *especially* since plus size girls are all really old of kinda sleezy!

This is a little too much fun, I could go on for days!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #32  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I love planning my travel around which bathrooms will be big enough to be comfortable.

Likewise, I love planning what I'm going to drink and when around how long the flight or train trip is.

I love using my 4 year old as an excuse to use the handicapped potty.

I love mentally "scouting ahead" for the easiest route through narrow racks in stores, or between tables in restaurants.

I love pausing to "look at something interesting" when walking with friends, when in reality they're going too fast for me and I have to catch my breath.

I love having someone sit beside me on the Metro and then stand up to find another seat when they realize how much of their seat I take up.

I love using my size to ensure a prime position at the Metro door. Not only am I big, but if I sway side to side, people give me more room. I'm usually the first person in the door.

I love not being able to ride the fun amusement park rides. I don't miss roller coasters at all.

I love having to "talk myself into" trying physical things, even relatively easy ones that might make me look less-than-graceful, like climbing into the back of a hay wagon.

I love having fantasies about being trapped in my room by a fire in the house, and being too fat to get out the window to safety. (Yes, I get morbid at times. *grins*)

I love hearing the floor of a shower creak when I move, and having the first thought that flashes in my head be that I'll break through the floor, and break my leg, and the EMTs would have to get a crane or something to ge me out, while all the neighbors watched. (this thought happened just the other day)

I love knowing that for people who may not remember my name, like at church or in the neighborhood, I'm probably known as "that fat woman".
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #33  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I LOVE the fact that nobody thinks I know anything because I'm fat.

I LOVE the fact that when I went to an Engineering Job Fair, nobody would even look me in the eye.

I LOVE the fact that I'm told over and over just how friendly I am.

I LOVE the fact that my OBGYN told me that I better lose some weight or I'm upping my risks in future pregnancies/deliveries.

I LOVE that I only wear jeans or sweatpants and T-shirts or sweatshirts...all year long.

I LOVE the fact that I bought a great winter jacket a few years ago that I can't zip up now, so I just go without...in South Dakota

But, I do LOVE the fact that I found this website!
phoxiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #34  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I got two unusual ones:

I LOVE not being sure if I can fit in the toliet stalls in Asia.

I LOVE not being able to squat properly in the Asian bathrooms when they are the ONLY kind available within a 50 mile radius. FYI....they are the ones with just a hole in the floor.

(Had both of these happen many times.)
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:15 AM   #35  

This is really theraputic... In a wierd way....

I love that my kids have to share my lap with the extra fat.

I love that I don't want to go to our highschool reunion, or see anyone I know (who hasn't seen me in the last two years). I make a great hermit.

I love that my hairstylist gets a workout pumping up the salon chair.
LivingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:02 AM   #36  
a new year... a new me

(been thinking on this for a while now so i have more)

i also love that i've become a hermit.

i thoroughly enjoy staring at myself in the mirror and wondering how many i'd make of the old me... probably 3 by now.

i love that i can't look down at my feet to make sure i'm wearing matching shoes because all i see is boobs and a big fat belly.

i love going to the bathroom and worrying whether or not the toilet is going to fall through the floor this time...same thing when i take a shower.

i love being out of breath just getting up off the couch.

i love the pains i'm starting to have in my ankle and knee.

i love that i am depriving my kids of their life because i'm too embarrassed to take them places and do things.
shedilbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #37  
Just Keep Swimming

S/C/G: 276/276/115

~I love always being the fat friend
~I love that I always feel ugly when with my friends
~I love that my BOYFRIEND OF THREE YEARS ALMOST Weights at least a hundered pounds less than I do
~I love that I cant find nice clothes
~I love having to tuck my shirt in for work and my huge butt is out for the world to see
~I love all the fat comments
Thehopefulcry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:19 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedilbry
(been thinking on this for a while now so i have more)
i love that i am depriving my kids of their life because i'm too embarrassed to take them places and do things.
So true.

I love that I'm the only person I know who is 100 pounds over weight.
LivingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #39  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

LivingWater!!

You are FAR from the only person you know who has over 100 pounds to lose now!!!!
We're all here...don't despair!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyR
I got two unusual ones:

I LOVE not being able to squat properly in the Asian bathrooms when they are the ONLY kind available within a 50 mile radius. FYI....they are the ones with just a hole in the floor.
Ha ha...I love this one. This is the only kind of toilet that we have at the school where I work. My husband is deathly afraid of the thing and all he has to do is stand there! But I digress....

1. I love the fact that anytime I go to the doctor, I'm not taken seriously. Surely the reason I have the flu is because I'm fat.

2. I love the reactions I get when people find out that I exercise.

3. I loved the way I felt when I met up with my friends after 4 years and a 65 lb increase.

4. I love volunteering to take pictures so that people don't notice I'm not in them.
honey-dipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #41  
undeniably moby

I love being fat, because nothing says sexy like sagging boobs and two a multitude of stomachs.
satylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #42  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey-dipped
1. I love the fact that anytime I go to the doctor, I'm not taken seriously. Surely the reason I have the flu is because I'm fat.
I see a few of us have this similar problem. Of the things I've been to the doctor for, 95% at least have been "due to my weight". I once sprained my ankle and the doctor told me I should lose weight to avoid such occurences (falling down a hill had nothing to do with it, huh and it was the first and only time I had sprained anything and have never broken a bone). They always say it with such disgust too.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:50 PM   #43  
Heather/Caterpillar

I went to my doctors for a year with agony in my ankle and back...obviously it was my weight....yeah, I had cancer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettDrawl
I see a few of us have this similar problem. Of the things I've been to the doctor for, 95% at least have been "due to my weight". I once sprained my ankle and the doctor told me I should lose weight to avoid such occurences (falling down a hill had nothing to do with it, huh and it was the first and only time I had sprained anything and have never broken a bone). They always say it with such disgust too.
Heva2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #44  
Just Keep Swimming

[QUOTE=honey-dipped]1. I love the fact that anytime I go to the doctor, I'm not taken seriously. Surely the reason I have the flu is because I'm fat.[QUOTE]

Doctors are Daft! I hate that... I get that all the time "Well if you would lose weight, you wouldn't be so likely to feel bad." Ugh.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:46 AM   #45  
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingWater
So true.

I love that I'm the only person I know who is 100 pounds over weight.

YOU'RE NOT ALONE..... I totally under stand that... because so am I.