Old 12-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #1  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Default Another Club Newbie

Hi everybody! I've run into a few of you on other threads and finally have found my way through the forums to what I suspect may be one of my best support groups (along with calorie counters). Yup, I'm an old-fashioned calorie counter.

I hit my all-time high (270) at the end of 2004, then ended up hospitalized with a serious problem and couldn't eat for several weeks and lost 25 pounds (sometimes I wish I could have bottled that feeling of being repulsed by food!). I didn't diet this year, but did keep that 25 pounds off. I've started intentionally dieting 3 weeks ago and have been doing well. I have several things motivating me right now; most of them boil down to health concerns. I'm 46 and my golden girl luck on cholesterol, BP, diabetes, etc. just isn't going to last much longer. I don't EVER want to worry about having those tests done at the doctor's office again. At least, not when it's something under my control.

The FUN part of my motivation is a big hike in Yosemite National Park scheduled for next August with one of my sisters and my niece. I don't plan to have hit goal weight by then (I just can't get THAT aggressive and still be able to think at work), but I *do* want to be as deep into Onederland as I can get.

I tend to post a fair amount--yeah, I can get chatty all right. I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you and definitely for the shared motivation heading into 2006. Boy, starting to watch my diet and exercise in the last month of the year felt a little silly, but it's SO nice to go into 2006 with a plan already in place.

Tracy
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:41 AM   #2  
Big Ol' loser

This is definetly a great place for support!

Great job on keeping the weight off and you have such an exciting goal- to hike in Yosemite!!

Welcome!!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:48 AM   #3  

Welcome Tracy
Yosemite is a beautiful place to hike.
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Tracy! This is really a great forum, lots of really good threads. You definately find all the support and encouragement here!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Tracy! I think you'll really like it here!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Tracy welcome to the club!! I would LOVE to go hiking in Yosemite! That'll be so beautiful!!

If you stick with it you should be well into onederland in no time!!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:36 AM   #7  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Welcome to the group. There are some the best people here. It's been a great help to me.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome. Glad to see you've found your way over here. It looks like you are off to a great start and the hike sounds lovely.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

to you, Tracy! Glad to have you aboard. It's not at all daft to start your new lifestyle in the holiday season because it is a lifestyle and not some short-term faddy diet that'll be over in a couple of weeks.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote