3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Some thoughts and prayers please (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/69615-some-thoughts-prayers-please.html)

barbygirl43 12-03-2005 01:06 PM

Some thoughts and prayers please

It's not for me personally but I don't know if y'all have seen on the news but Oklahoma has had a ton of wildfires. The county where I work has already been declared a disaster area. My former manager (and the one I'm helping build this magazine) lost her house to a fire last weekend and now she's about to lose everything else because the house their church found for them to live while they wait to rebuild is now in danger of another fire.
I'm sure there are tons of other people who are also displaced and it's heartbreaking. If you all would just keep these folks in your thoughts and prayers, I would appreciate it.

jmacway 12-03-2005 01:32 PM

Oklahoma has my prayers as does your friend.
From one Okie to another it'ss scary how dry it is here.

Gardenwife 12-04-2005 07:01 AM

Oh, those fires are scary stuff! Praying for all those affected, and those fighting the fires.

TakinBabySteps 12-04-2005 11:33 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel simply awful for you guys. We've had nothing but rain for weeks...I wish we could send you some!

Amanda Panda 12-04-2005 02:35 PM

That's terrible - your poor friend!

I'll keep Oklahoma in my prayers tonight.

Love Amanda x

djs06 12-04-2005 10:18 PM

I'll keep your family and friends as well as everyone affected in my thoughts, Dawnyal. :grouphug:

barbygirl43 12-05-2005 09:46 AM

It got worse. As I was at the paper working, their name came over the scanner and so I called her. Apparently some scum decided to scavage their burned out belongings and was loading a truck up with them. She was the one who called in the vehicle. I just got back to work and haven't heard if they caught them or not.

newfiedarling 12-05-2005 09:53 AM

OMG - that's terrible. Some people.....

Rayne33 12-05-2005 10:11 AM

Dawnyal, They are all in my prayers! :grouphug: .. It's terrible how some people behave during tragedy's such as this .. it's bad enough that people are losing their houses to these fires, but then to have strangers "loot" through what belongings you have left . well, that is just pathetic. My heart goes out to those in OKlahoma affected by these fires!

shedilbry 12-05-2005 06:55 PM

dawnyal we were seeing/smelling the smoke and stuff all the way over here... not sure if it was coming from your way or what but it was some nasty stuff. i hope they are able to get some help soon. please keep us posted on this.

luflic 12-06-2005 03:14 PM

Wow just sent some prayers. I wonder why this is not on the news!

barbygirl43 12-06-2005 04:11 PM

An update: They caught the man and woman pilfering. They were apparently getting out the aluminum and selling it. There were receipts from a recycle place in the truck. This couple "may" be linked to the theft of a bleacher seat last year and if that's the case she may be the one to get the $2500 reward for it. :D

Most of the fires here seem to be out and we are supposed to be getting some snow tomorrow.

SuchAPrettyFace 12-06-2005 09:05 PM

My best wishes & prayers. Hope everyone got out w/their lives. But still devastating to lose everything.

Rayne33 12-06-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace
My best wishes & prayers. Hope everyone got out w/their lives. But still devastating to lose everything.

Ths is TOTALLY off topic .. But I couldnt help but notice your sn ... if I had a nickel for every time I was told that... I'd be rich! It drives me :crazy: when people say this, like it's some grand compliment or something .. blah .. it makes me wanna say, "well you have a nice body, but your face ... ehhh:no: ".... lol

P.S.~ my thoughts and prayers :angel: to everyone!

SuchAPrettyFace 12-07-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayne33
Ths is TOTALLY off topic .. But I couldnt help but notice your sn ... if I had a nickel for every time I was told that... I'd be rich! It drives me :crazy: when people say this, like it's some grand compliment or something .. blah .. it makes me wanna say, "well you have a nice body, but your face ... ehhh:no: ".... lol

Yeah, a lot of ppl hate the saying, but it's just words, so I turned it around & made it my own. Also, my Grammy said it to me all the time. ;)

Dawnyal, did she win the reward money????