hey everyone

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey everyone. I used to post here a lot but I see a lot of new names and faces so I thought I'd reappear to say hi.

I feel soo guilty not keeping up with all of you lovely ladies and gent(s). I've been keeping up every few days but every time click the respond button I feel like a hypocrite because I don't have anything to add and I've been doing so poorly diet wise. I know it helps to stick around when you're struggling and share and all that but i haven't been able to bring myself to do it.

I keep wondering what happened to me- I was so motivated. I loved exercise. Today I went to the gym for the first time in weeks and I felt so great after I was done. I know it feels good and it's good for me. Why can't I jsut do it? I'm so frustrated and I feel like I'll never get to my goals. I feel like a big lazy lump. I think it's just mostly stress. I'm finally in my last year of school, then on the other hand everyone is harassing me about what I want to "do with my life" when I get out, as if I'm supposed to have some Big Plan. I know that's unrealistic but I feel like a real doofus because I have no idea, and most of the time I don't even really care all that much. I have so much work to do for finals and I'm working 30 hours this coming week. I don't know how I'm going to have enough hours in the day. ARRRgh.

Sorry for the negativity. I just wanted to drop in and say hi, let you all know that i'm still reading and keeping up with you. I hope your holiday seasons are filled with love and happiness. Every one of you deserves nothing less.

-Dana
  • Hi Dana - nice to meet you. I don't think you were posting here when I joined (but I could be mistaken, there's hundreds of people moving in and out of here). Even if you're not posting but dropping in to read means that you still have the drive. Jump right back in!

~Dee
  • Hi Dana. I didn't know you before but it is nice to see you back. Try to keep up with us. I'm sure you already know this but the support you get here is amazing. I can't tell you how many times just thinking about this site has kept me on track.
  • hey dana!

welcome back! & nice to meet you!

dont fret about feeling like a lump. I keep telling myself that its like riding a bike. it took me three years to learn that but i learned. you just have to keep trying. if you see you have forgotten to go to the gym. then go the very next time you should. just keep plugging away at it untill you get there.

you can do it.
  • welcome back dana. Good to see you posting again. Good for your for getting back to the gym. I'm sure you'll find some of that motivation and determination one of these days. If you do stumble upon it, send some my way. I'll do the same for you
  • Nice to meet you. I know the feeling (stress/school/last year). Congrats on getting back on track.
  • Hey there, Danagirl!!! It's so good to see you!!! I hear you on the motivation thang, sister.....that particular struggle seems to be going around. You're in good company. I'm finding it a real challenge to eat responsibly also, and exercise has been an on again/off again thing. I plan to take it one day at a time, and get back to micromanaging myself until I've recreated the good habits that are going to get me back on track.

Dana, you know it's just one step after another, one decision at a time. You know it like I know it. Now we just need to start to make those decisions -- like you did today by going to the gym!

I really am just so happy to see you, my friend. I've missed you and thought about you a lot. Try to stop beating the bejeezus out of yourself, ok?
  • Hey Dana ~ I just joined the board yesterday but I can totally relate to how you are feeling! It sounds like you have ALOT going on right now in your life and that your focus on weight loss has been pushed to the back burner .. but just the fact that you here and posting, that you went to the GYM ... tells me that you are more focused about your weight loss than you might think or feel that you are!

Life can be demanding and its not always easy to juggle all the "hats" we must wear ~ mother, student, sister, etc .. but Kudo's to you for jumping back in when the going gets tough

Stay Strong and Keep focused .. and we are all here for you!
  • Welcome back, Dana!
  • Hey Dana, lovely to see you back here!

It sounds like you have ALOT on at the moment, and what with Christmas coming up aswell, I wouldn't try to make any huge changes diet wise at the moment. Just be kind to yourself ( stop calling yourself a big lazy lump - you are lovely! ) and keep doing what you can when you can. Going to the gym today was a really positive move - if you do nothing else but that then it will really improve your self esteem, energy levels and help you to manage stress. Then look at it all again in the New Year - clean slate and all that.

As for not having a clue what to do after college - don't worry about it. I am 32 and have no clue what I want to do when I grow up! I am sure it will come to you eventually - the first job you take doesn't have to be your career choice for life!

Love Amanda x
  • Congratulations for finding your way back.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. But, you CAN do this. Put yourself and your health first and everything else will fall into place. And don't worry too much about having a "big plan". I graduated from college in 1991. I've been a retail merchandiser, an accountant, a finance manager, and a stay at home mom - and I STILL don't know what I want to be when I grow up! I bet if you turn their question back on them the people pressuring you to know exactly what you want to do wouldn't have any better an answer than you. Really, very few people are lucky enough to know EXACTLY what it is they are working towards. Most of us are just muddling through trying to be happy. Plus, I know a lot of people who left college knowing just what they wanted to do with their lives but found it wasn't what they thought it would be once they actually got into it. Like anything else, it will take a little trial and error to find just the right career niche. But, it is out there somewhere!
  • welcome back dana!!
  • Hey it's good to see you back Dana. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all struggle form time to time. Just jump back in and get back to it.
  • Good to see you again, Dana! I haven't been posting myself lately, either, mostly out of general life-craziness with a little dose of family tragedy.

I think Sarah has the right idea -- focusing on the habits, not the motivation, has always worked better for me than waiting around for inspiration to strike. Maybe make a commitment to head to the gym every day just for one week and see what happens (or something like that), just to get back into the habit.

And yeah, don't EVEN let anybody get you down for not knowing what you want to do. ****, I was an English major, too, and I ended up doing analysis heavy on the *math* (okay, and a lot of business writing, but still!) for a living. Who knew?! I still haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up, but that's OK.

So good to see you hear. Don't be afraid to post when you're down, please (I'm telling myself this at the same time!). We hearts us some Dana!
  • Hi Dana Please do not beat yourself up over the career and the weight loss plans. Lost of good advice, absolutely take it a step at a time. Apparently, it takes 21 days to form a habit, so maybe that could be your starting point there. As for the big life career, I graduating in engineering, and I am currently doing revenue analysis, so go figure. Do what you want to do, as I still have not figured out what I want to be when I grow up.