within points or on program?

• So I'm having a 'bad' week. I really have been within points and maybe I'm feeling bad because I'm not on program not eating fruit and veges and stuff?

Isn't that the point of WW anyway - flexibility? I just get so down on myself if I don't have the fruit and veges now but when I sit down and count everything I am within points.

Any input?
  • Well, seems to me that if you are within points then you are still on program. Because the main point is to eat the ww recommended calorie/point amount. It doesn't matter as much what foods you are eating. Although it is obviously healthier to eat fruits and veggies, the bottom line is points/calories.
  • Well, I have to disagree with this, unfortunately. WW also stresses healthy eating guidelines of eating fruits, vegetables and some dairy, depending on your age. Those are part of following WW, too.

Okay, with that said, don't beat yourself up about not getting your fruits and veggies if you're having one or two off days. But try to start incorporating them in a way that works for you. I'm betting you'll feel better if you do. Do you like WW smoothies? Add fruit to the smoothies. I used to add frozen raspberries to the chocolate smoothies. Making pudding? I thaw some blueberries and mix them with cheesecake pudding that I've made with yogurt. Make some of the veggie soup and on a cold day, have a bowl. That will take care of your veggies for a day and not use any points.
  • I think as long as you are striving to eat healthier and get in your fruits and veggies you are doing great. I agree that as long as it is just one or two days where you didn't get in your veggies and fruits but were still within your points you are fine. That is the point of WW points to allow you to eat anything as long as it was within your points. They do teach you to try and eat in a well-rounded way but to plan for those unexpected things.

Just remember a few weeks ago how you were eating and how well you are doing now. You'll get back on track in no time and will be back to having your fruits and veggies.
  • Points are a big part of it, but I don't think anyone would want to eat 25 points worth of candy everyday & call it on program...even if they are within their point range. That said, we all have days were we don't get a good spread of points across the food groups. We can't beat ourselves up over it, it just means we need to work on getting a more balanced diet so those out of balance days are the exception- not the norm. Do you like V8 juice? I don't like it personally (my stomach cannot handle tomato anything), but it is a quick & easy way to get a serving or so of vegetables. You are not a failure this week- you are going through a learning process...and we always learn better from our own mistakes then someone elses.
  • I finally got TOM...she has been holding on to my body. I am sure its change of diet and exercise. I had my gain 2 weeks ago, then a lost, then a gain and finally started. I was late and can we say slightly freaking inside...might have to do alot with eating so much.

Anyway I know what 'on program' means its all the things in the beginners book. I think thats why I have been hard on myself for the last few days is I've been within points amazingly but not eating on program. Its not a permanent change but I'm allowing it knowing that I'm doing better than I was.

Thanks for the input. It really helps to hear opinions because my logic is of course logic in my head!!