Old 11-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default I'm in brownie ****!!!

So let me clarify that Brownies are my favorite food.

Last night I went to a purse party, among other things they had were brownies. I was a good little giral and didn't have any. Then I come into work and walk by the kitchen and there staring me in the face are a whole plate of brownies. AHHHHH!!! I was in there getting water and I stared at that plate. They look perfect. I thought...Can you imagine how happy that would have made me before. A whole plate of brownies for the taking and there is hardly anyone in the office today, so I could have lots. And I would have eaten lots, all day long. I would have made myself ill on them and I would have been happy.

Today I am taking the high road, I will not have any. I won't even look up the calories on them. I cannot start or I will not stop.

I am in Brownie ****!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

to you for passing up the brownies last night!! Stay strong today, Sandi. You can do it!! Imagine them covered with vomit or diesel or something really nasty. Can you get someone to cover them up? I read that people eat less candy when it's in a covered jar than they do when it's sitting out in the open.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

chocolate is the devil on my shoulder most of the time!

this is how I try to look at it to help that temptation, and I hope that it helps you: I picture in the world all the chocolate there is, tons of it really, every variety there in the stores for me to buy any time I want. Barring a major disaster, it will be there in the stores for the rest of my life. Tons of it. So, I don't have to have that piece in front of me because I have another goal right now. The chocolate will wait until I'm ready and it suits me to have it. (kind of nice to think there's that much chocolate, heh heh)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #4  
Big Ol' loser

I don't know how you are doing it!
but great job and keep it up!
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Awesome job Sandi...keep it up, OK?

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Good for you Sandi!! It doesn't mean you can't ever have brownies again, for right now, you choose not to. It's your choice, that's what gives you power.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 01:42 PM   #7  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Girl, BE STRONG!!! I loooove brownies too so I know how it must be for you. But how you'll feel will be so much better than how those brownies taste.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #8  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Oh Sandi I know just how you feel. I hate it when there is food at work. We are having a pot luck tomorrow so I know there will be stuff there. The only good thing for me is that I'm second shift and most of it will be gone. They still leave chips and and cookies though.

You can do this. I know how hard it is but you can win the battle.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #9  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Way to go Sandi ~ you are awesome ~ doing great!!
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #10  
Movin on down the scale

That is great..you are stronger than the brownies.lol

I know I hadnt had chocolate for 3 mo, then I broke down this tuesday night and thought "Im gonna give in a little and have a chocolate bar" I took one bite and couldnt eat the rest...apparently I do NOT like chocolate unless I am OVER 200lbs..lol Tell me how dumb is that?
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:34 PM   #11  

Whoo Hoo Sandi! You are winning the battle! Making the decision not to eat them or even look them up is victory That deserves a celebrotory dance
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:53 PM   #12  
One pound at a time...

Sandi, I bow down to your willpower! How great that you did not eat the brownie! I am that way as well, I just can not stop at one bite. Marge, I love your analogy of how the chocolate will be there later!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Sandi that is awesome you turned them down. You are doing great by refusing them today. If you feel your resolve start to slip, think of something you could possibly have tomorrow and plan it into your day for then. Not only will it help to keep you on plan it will give you something to look forward to tomorrow.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #14  
Krista

Talking

Sandi,
that is so awesome that you know where your weakness is, and that you had enough will power to overcome it today. Everyone has them mine is donuts . but its all about choices. just like at the gas station. you did that too. You are doing so absolutly fantastic. Keep the faith and stay stong and you will get there.
babs2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

It's so great to hear people in control of those urges! I am feeling less in control this week. I haven't completely given in or anything, but I certainly hear the siren song of the snacks!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote