November Yada Yada Yada

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • I didn't see one of these, so forgive me if I am creating a duplicate.

So I "started over" on Monday after reaching my highest weight AGAIN!!! Monday was pretty easy but on the way home from work I stopped to get gas. This is a pretty dangerous place for me, I shouldn't even go in, but I did. I wandered around looking at all the goodies...Ho Ho's usually being my drug of choice, ended up grabbing a water and went home. By the time I got home I was back in the mindset, writing everything down. I made it through Day 1!! But it was only 1 choice that made he difference. The whole day was pretty much typical on plan day, but that one choice would have sent me right back to my old habits. Making the right choice keep me on plan. It was about 5 minutes out of 24 hours. It really got me thinking that this whole thing is like like that. Overall following your plan is a no brainer, but it's the little choices that make or break you! Today is Day 3 on plan.

Thanksgiving is coming and I am trying to create a game plan. Something that lets me enjoy the day, but still keeps me on plan.

Other than that, life is pretty much normal. We painted the living room/Hallway/entryway a few weeks ago, so we are still in the midst of decorating.

On the health side, my heel spur in acting up and I am having some teeth problems. But overall, life is good.

How is everyone else?
  • Great job getting back on track Sandi. I've never posted to this thread but I hope it's okay. Sometimes you need to talk.

Well as for me, I had a pretty bad 2.5lb gain this week. But I'm not letting it get to me too badly. Refocus. I'm staying OP this week thus far but am only eating when I am hungry. Unfortunately, I haven't been getting a lot of exercise this week. There are things that I could be doing, I just haven't. Must do better.

On the non-weight-related front, I have begun thinking about/beginning to plan my wedding. Needless to say at 21 I've never done this before. My mother will be helping more later (she lives about 400 miles away) but right now it's up to me to come up with some of my general ideas. I was going to wait until after I graduated but I'm getting antsy. After graduation, though, my mother and I are taking trips to a few locations I'm thinking about so I can make the location decision and get booked. I never realized how much there was to think about. The only thing I know for sure is who my bridesmaids are... and there are 4-8 of them depending on if I am supposed to ask my cousins or not (am I?). I probably will. Ahh..I won't bore ya'll any further.

Thanks for listening!
  • When are you getting married?
  • Sandi that is so awesome that you walked away from the ho-hos. I've had a couple of similar experiences this week. I too went into the store and because I was running late I get the kids brownies (they are a quarter) to eat on the way to work/daycare. I was so tempted to grab me a little debbie too but they all looked yucky and I told myself that if I couldn't pick one right then to just walk away and I did. I came to work and made me oatmeal. This morning I was again running late and stopped at said store. I grabbed me two granola bars (for a total of 290 calories) instead of one of the little debbies. Sorry to hear about the heal spur and the teeth. Hopefully they'll get straightened out soon.

Welcome over here Shannon. This is for anyone and everyone to post about anything, not just weight loss. We are truly like one big family around here and this is just the place for more of that get-to-know-you stuff. Planning a wedding can be so much fun and so stressful at the same time. We've had a couple of members recently go through weddings (and haven't been back to post in FOREVER I might add *cough cough* Raelynn and JML *cough cough*).
    My first wedding I was anal and planned almost the whole thing by myself with friends and family helping implement it. The second one I turned the reins over to my mom for it ALL. I told her my colors and that I wanted a cowboy themed wedding and let her do the rest. I was preggo at the time, working 40+ hours a week and just didn't want the stress of it all.

As for me, it's been a bad week. Jeff and I got into a huge argument and this is the first time in our marriage we went to bed without resolving it but it was for the best. We'll get it all sorted out tonight. We fought over a small piddly thing but we're both under a lot of stress right now (me with the new owners coming in and not sure if I'll still have a job tomorrow and him with trying to find a cheap car to get him to and from work since it's getting too cold for him to ride the motorcycle.)
    After last week of letting it all bother me I'm doing much better this week and not turning to food as my comfort instead turning inward to try and figure it all out.

Oh and I'm wearing my size 20 jeans that were too tight last month (granted I did have to lay down to zip them but they buttoned just fine and are now comfy.)
  • Ooh. Congrats Dawnyal on the pants. I know nothings better than getting into a smaller size.

Sandi, I'm getting married next October. So it's nothing coming too soon, but I have less than a year to get things straight. I don't want to be anal about it but I don't want to get down to the wire and panic myself. The more I do beforehand, the less I have to stress over then. So I'm just starting to consider colors, style of wedding, and little things. I'm really excited about it (but I guess that;s obvious).
  • Sandi, for passing up those tempting little Ho Ho's! Gas stations are evil, evil places I tell ya! You're right though, following a routine really isn't that big of a deal, but it's those little choices that'll get you every time. Today you made the right choices, now just strive to do it again tomorrow. One day at a time, that's all it takes.

Oh wow, Scarlett, good luck on planning the wedding! You're smart to get an early start. Even though you've still got about a year, it's gonna be one jam packed full year, so try to tackle as much as you possibly can while you still have plenty of time.

That sucks about your argument with Jeff, Dawnyal. But can I just say how amazing it is that this was the first time the two of you have ever gone to bed without resolving it first? WOW! I'm fully confidant that you two will be back to before the night is through. Oh, and YAY! about the jeans! What an awesome NSV!

As for me, well, I'm freaking out about Thanksgiving being only a week away, and Christmas in just over a month! But, of course, I tend to freak out easily! There's just too much to do, and I am definitely NOT a multitasker! But I'll make my way through, as I do every year. Anyone else have big Thanksgiving plans in the works?

Beverly
  • Quote:
    I stopped to get gas. This is a pretty dangerous place for me, I shouldn't even go in, but I did
    Thats one reason we use the credit card to pay for gas. I don't have any reason to go in and then can't be tempted.

Great job staying OP in the face of temptation.
  • Great job on avoiding the temptation, Sandi! Hope you get your heel and teeth sorted quickly. I'm starting to get a little toothache, myself, but I'm gonna hang on until my next appointment which is about a month away. That way, I don't have to try to deal with getting off-schedule.

Another 3FC wedding, Shannon! How exciting for you! You have plenty of time to get everything just right for your big day. I met my hubby, arranged the wedding, and got married all within 6 weeks, but I'm guessing yours will be a lot more elaborate than mine was. (See attached piccie). I had another do in my hubby's church 18 months later which took a little more effort, but I still kept it very simple.

Sorry about your argument with Jeff, Dawnyal. We also try never to go to bed without resolving our differences, but every now and then, it happens. Sometimes it's the best thing to do, and allows us to cool off so we can discuss it rationally the following day. I hope you get things straightened out with each other today. on the jeans! What a boost!

I freak out easily too, Beverly, but I never host get-togethers, so I take the easy way out. Are you planning a big celebration?

Just a major whinge-fest from me, I'm afraid. I'm slap into a great big I'm-feeling-sorry-for-myself phase. My weight loss has slowed right down, despite eating healthily for the vast majority of the time, and I'm feeling lethargic and miserable. I keep telling myself that I don't mind about losing slowly, but you know what? I do! There, I've said it. I don't feel at all positive, and I'm scared that I'll never get my enthusiasm back again. My OCDs have been playing up, big time, and I can't get rid of the knot in my stomach unless I give in to them. I feel helpless and out of control, and I don't know what to do.

Apologies again for whining.

• No need to apologize Dishy. We all get to feeling down once and awhile. Cheer up tomorrow will be better. Your weight will keep going down. Look at what you have done already.

Good for you Sandi and Dawnyal for making those good choices. It get easier every time.

We have big plans for Thanksgiving too Beverly. We are having my family over for Thanksgiving. 11 adults and 6 kids. Then on Saturday we are doing it all over again with our best friends. 4 adults and 3 kids. It will be a busy weekend but I am looking forward to it.
  • Shannon, congratulations on the wedding! I am myself not married, but I did help one of best friend's plan her wedding. I was amazed at how the time flew by, you will not even realize it. Nothing really new on my end, I have finished all the fall hikes with Dog Paddling Adventures. The last hike was also a photography clinic which taught us a lot about lighting, background, etc., I myself am a "point and click" kind of photography, and I still use my trusty (non-digital ) Nikon. Of course, I also had to include a picture (I am obsessed) Sad to say, but my dog has proportionally lost more weight than I have!

I plan to do a little Christmas shopping this weekend for my mom. She is next to impossible to buy for, so we are going together to get her a new winter jacket which I know she will like. I also get her a "surprise" gift as well, but I much rather her have something she really likes and it not being a surprise. Still struggling a bit on my end, why do I also sabotage myself? I am getting a handle on the chocolate cravings. I have been mostly on plan this week so hopefully it works out tonight on the scale!

• Quote: I keep telling myself that I don't mind about losing slowly, but you know what? I do! There, I've said it. I don't feel at all positive, and I'm scared that I'll never get my enthusiasm back again. My OCDs have been playing up, big time, and I can't get rid of the knot in my stomach unless I give in to them. I feel helpless and out of control, and I don't know what to do.
    I would say the majority of us feel exactly this way. That's why so many people give up at their first plateau because the weight didn't just fall off. I think you are doing a wonderful job and like so many others have done when doing everything they are supposed to with no weight loss just think that this is what it's going to be like at maintenance. When you are there you won't be looking for pounds lost and it will just be something you do. Whine away. That's what we are here for.

As for thanksgiving, I'm going to borrow this guy and run and hide. Really. I don't know what I'm going to do. This is the first time in forever Jeff has to work on that day (9-2). GMIL next door eats right at noon, done by 12:30 everyone gone by 1 p.m. I don't get along with MIL and could care less about going up there, especially without Jeff. Usually we go to other GMIL's house in town (his dad's side of the family) whom I get along great with and only see most of them on holidays. Mom and dad are going to golden corral this year. It's also my dad's big 6-0 and we'll have his party that evening before he goes to work. Mom has to be up and at work before 5 a.m. to get ready for all those shoppers anyway. Jeff and I will talk about this more this weekend and figure out where I'll be taking the kids for the day.

We have worked out our issues (or I should say mostly mine since the witch finally showed up last night) That was a huge part of the big ole blowup anyway was just my hormones on the fritz.
  • Rob is a hoo hoo, devil dog fanatic. Believe it or not we always have boxes of the stuff around. I didn't grow up eating those, so I only fall to the temptation now and again. as if that isn't bad enough! Congrats, Sandi, on getting through that temptation.

Congrats on the marriage plans. That's really exciting. Why am I craving cake?

Dawnyal, I had Beverly's reaction: But can I just say how amazing it is that this was the first time the two of you have ever gone to bed without resolving it first? WOW!

It's true, Thanksgiving and Christmas just come so fast, before I even have a chance to really think about it. Several friends and family birthdays in December too.

I would say the majority of us feel exactly this way.
    That's true, Dishyfishy. I've felt this way lots of times. Dealing with the ups and downs, screw ups, lapses, injuries, tired periods, whew. It can be a real mental battle. Loved your pic, simple can be really beautiful
  • I'm having huge issues with my inlaws right now. This looks like the place to vent. But we had decided- before this journey- to fry a turkey. We mentioned it to the in laws this summer. After looking around dh and I decided that we were going to take a ham or something less expensive. I told mil and she freaked out and acted so rude. Its hard enough being on plan during thanksgiving and now they are frying the turkey. Not only that but we had to buy the fryer and the oil and they are providing the free turkey they get from work? How backwards is that? Normally the host should provide that you'd think. I'm gonna go, eat what I can and leave pretty quick. I don't want to deal with stress eating.

We are just having problems with them in regards to not 'being there' for us when we need them. They refuse to babysit the baby now even though she bugged me about having a baby for years while I was going through infertility. They say they never had anyone to help them raise their kids so we should just get used to it. Needless to say its frustrating- but I'm not eating!!

Congrats on the wedding!! I ended up getting married on a beach in jamaica so that I didn't have to plan one! Just paid and showed up just he and I.

We try not to goto bed angry but have to say its happened more than once and we've only been married 5 years! This is a stressful time of year anyway and I'm sure the uncertainity in life is part of it right now dawnyal. Best wishes!
  • Deep fried turkey is really good. Don't worry to much about it being bad because it's really not. When done right deep frying does not add that much more fat or calories to the food. It does add some but mostly it stays on the outside.

Now as far as getting along with the family and not stress eating boy that's a hard one. I wish you the best. I know you can do it if you set your mind to it.

I feel bad for all of you that say your going to have such a stressfull day. My family for the most part gets along pretty good. So when we get together for the holidays it's pretty nice.
  • What do people do with all that oil from frying the turkey?? I've never had deep fried turkey, but I really love smoked turkey. It's expensive, but well worth it.

Liz, I would absolutely love to be able to babysit my granddaughter (see my avatar) so I can't understand where your in-laws are coming from. I loved it when we lived in the same town, and the kids would let us watch her. We were the only ones they'd let babysit, so that was nice (she has lots of medical problems--on oxygen, G-tube), but it didn't happen often enough for me. It's important to get some alone time with your DH so I'm sorry your in-laws are being like that. You should be really proud that you're not eating over the stress.

Howie, we always had fun at family holidays when my parents would be there as well as my MIL. The moms are gone now, and the kids are all scattered, but we have great memories, and love having all the kids together whenever we can (won't be until Christmas 2006 ). Now we're the in-laws and we want any SILs and DILs to enjoy their time with us.