3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Year's Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/68486-new-years-challenge.html)

teahoney 11-13-2005 03:12 PM

New Year's Challenge

Any of my 100 clubbers willing to do this challenge with me?? My goal is to lose 20 pounds by January 1, 2006. I have already lost three (Yippee!! :carrot: ) so I have 17 more pounds to go. It doesn't matter what plan you are following, I just need the support and I am here to support you.

Most importantly, I want to start exercising regularly and eating properly on a consistant basis. Also, it's staying motivated. I am always so gung ho for the first week and two and I see the lose and then I chicken out and binge. That pattern has to stop.

So anyone up for the challenge, just jump in on this thread. We can do this together!! :grouphug:

Hilary 11-13-2005 04:00 PM

I'd love to join you! My goal is to lose 15 pounds by January 1, so I can start the year out under 200!

teahoney 11-13-2005 04:28 PM

Cool! Is that you in your avatar? You are very pretty. Love love love hair over the eye thing. Makes you look like a seductress. lol Really! At least to me.

I'll be weighing in again next Sunday. Hoping for a loss. :crossed:

Hilary 11-13-2005 04:56 PM

Hehe, yes, that's me. You're so sweet...I am going to go hide my very red face now. :D

Weighing in on Sundays for this is peachy with me! :)

FunKristin 11-13-2005 08:12 PM

I would also like to join you guys! I think 20lbs by Jan 1 is a great goal. :)

LegallyBrunette 11-13-2005 11:16 PM

I'd like to join!! My goal is to lose 15 pounds by Christmas... but since January 1 is so close, I'll keep it at the 15 by January 1!!!

babs2810 11-14-2005 03:02 PM

Im In!

my goal was 20 by the 2nd so you bet !

goalnorolls 11-14-2005 03:17 PM

I don't think I can do 20 but I'm willing to try for 15 by the first :)

missaprylj 11-14-2005 05:50 PM

Liz, I LOVE "Just because you break one egg doesn't mean you have to break the other 11." That is SOOOOOOO GREAT. I think it will be my new mantra. Honestly, I love it!!!

FunKristin, my best friend's name is Kristin. Nice to meet you. :D

Hilary, your avatar is beautiful. Very sassy! :D

OK, so... New Year's goal. I would like to make my goal to just go to Curves every day Monday-Friday and to do my own workout at home on the days they are closed due to holidays. :D

Yogini 11-14-2005 06:38 PM

I would LOVE to drop 20 pounds by December 31!

That would be about 3 pounds a week, consistently...starting NOW ;) That is putting a LOT of pressure on myself...what if I don't lose due to hormonal fluctuations a few of those weeks? What if I build muscle and show no loss but lose fat inches (I just added in regular weight training)?

I'll say that I will stick to my program, consistently through this time (even on holidays), follow the nutritional goals I have outlined for myself and increase my workout frequency and times, changing it up, doing more Nia, Aqua Aerobics, Yoga and Pilates in addition to straight cardio and weight training.

I *may* just make it to -20 pounds by then! We'll see ;)

teahoney 11-14-2005 06:38 PM

Great. It's so good to see so many jumping on board. Today has not been so great. I haven't overeaten, I've undereaten which can just be as bad sometimes. I was supposed to go food shopping today and the money I was supposed to get didn't come through and I hardly have any food in the house. Soooo, I'm hoping that it will happen tomorrow.

Hilary 11-14-2005 08:51 PM

Apryl, thanks! hehe! :) It's one of the few pictures I actually like of myself. lol

Teahoney, you're right - undereating can be just as bad. I've been horrible about that in the past and ever since I started keeping a record of everything that goes in my mouth, I've been doing much better.

This week for me has been pretty great...yesterday marked losing my first 10 pounds officially! Hooray!!!

babs2810 11-15-2005 07:43 AM

teahoney,

Yesterday must have been a day for undereating. i messed up my plan so good i had a major sugar low. so it is real important (for me) to keep on plan as much as possible. my mom and my daughter are both hypoglycemic i just didnt realize that i was also. I got lucky though i was able to get it regulated in about 4 hours and i dont have to worry about it going to high today. but i do have to worry that i dont "crash" again today. im taking my tester into work today so if i need it i have it.

teahoney 11-15-2005 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hilary
This week for me has been pretty great...yesterday marked losing my first 10 pounds officially! Hooray!!!

Congratulations on your first 10 pounds lost!! That calls for a carrot dance :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

teahoney 11-15-2005 10:12 AM

babs, I know what you mean. When I don't eat like I should I can feel my blood sugar dropping and I get really sick and nauseous. So I have to make sure that if nothing else, I always have healthy snacks that I can munch on.