3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/68365-newbie.html)

babs2810 11-10-2005 07:58 PM

hello everyone. my name is Krista. i'm 35. i live in northern Pa. i work part time as a cook. i need to loose about 90 lbs. ( if i could loose 100 that would be fantastic! ;) ) but ive tried lots of times before and i never get off the ground with it. My sister recomended i check this out. She thought maybe with the right support i could do it this time. I sure hope shes right!

Im looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

famograham 11-10-2005 08:11 PM

:welcome3: Babs!

My name is Linda

Great to have you here!
Just jump right in and start posting..ask all the questions you want and we'll do our best to answer them all, OK?

It's a wonderful group...your sister was right ;)

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about yourself so we can get to know you better.

Linda

ScarlettDrawl 11-10-2005 08:18 PM

:welcome: Babs. This is a great place for support.

SuchAPrettyFace 11-10-2005 10:50 PM

Welcome to the fold! I hope you like it here! :)

DishyFishy 11-11-2005 01:06 AM

Welcome, Krista! :wave: Have you got any particular plan in mind for shifting the pounds?

babs2810 11-11-2005 07:46 AM

my sister just dumped like 25 lbs and now she looks like my teenage daughter. so we had a long talk yesterday about how(she did it) what () and why (). and together we pretty much found out that i simply over eat. like i guess we came up with i take in over 4,000 calories a day (i had no Idea!) i had cut out snacking that didnt work. i had given up soda and that didnt work. so the more we talked the more we realized that my portions were all out of whack.

I work in a resteraunt. I am in charge of our salad bar. (i do all of the work behind it salads and such) so alot of taisting is involved.
Not to mention i was eating resteraunt sized portions at home simply because i thought they were the right size. and "normal portions" looked so teeny tiny.

but my sister clued me in on some VERY valuble points:
1. know what is going in my mouth. (calories/portion size)
2. i dont have to swallow what is in my mouth if i dont know (taist opurposes)
3. if someone has sabotaged my diets before Dont tell them!
and my personal favorite
4. Eat less move more

sue (my sister) said that it will take two weeks of **** to get used to the new sizes. im gearing up for all of this i know this wont be as nearly as hard as i want to make it out to be. I am looking forward to getting to know everone here. and i know with everyones help i can do this.

ChocLabLover 11-11-2005 08:06 AM

:welcome2: Krista! Your sister was right, this is a great forum to get support, insight and advice. It sounds like you have a plan in place. There are a lot of excellant threads posted about journalling your food, and keeping track of the excerise that you do. Our group has a journal thread, and a lot of people recommend the Fitday website to keep track. There is a biography thread where you can fill in all your stats. Post often so we can get to know you! :D

jillybean720 11-11-2005 08:45 AM

I worked in a restaurant in college (and again more recently, but I didn't eat there this time around). I know what you mean about the portions--I would eat the food at the restaurant thinking a restaurant meal was a meal, but in reality, it's more like 3 meals :o even if I just got the salad bar thinking it would be better for me, my salad would have lots of egg, cheese, croutons, bacon, and heavy dressing, so that was just as bad! It really is hard at first, but once you're used to smaller, more appropriate portions, you'll wonder how you ever managed to eat so much before! It's almost a struggle now for me to finish a meal at a restaurant (and I usually make healthier choices now than I did back in the day), and I often end up leaving a little on my plate or taking enough home for another meal. Congrats on facing your problems and making the effort to turn them around!

barbygirl43 11-11-2005 10:39 AM

Hi and :welcome2: You've been given some excellent advice. Since you said you are consuming about 4000 calories a day. I believe the formula to lose 1-2 pounds a week is to drop your daily calories by 500-1000 (not going below 1200.)
HTH.
Oh and a good place to track your calories is www.fitday.com.

newfiedarling 11-11-2005 01:56 PM

Hi Babs, nice to meet you. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

~Dee

DishyFishy 11-11-2005 04:07 PM

Sounds as though you have some great support from your sister, Krista. (How poetic. :D) Portion sizes were a biggie for me too. I simply ate (and drank ;)) too much, and had a huge case of must-clear-your-plate syndrome. :rolleyes: I packed up using my enormous dinner plates and switched to smaller ones so I could still have a full-looking plate. :lol: I hate to feel deprived!

Sheila53 11-11-2005 08:15 PM

Quite the poet, DishyFishy! :lol:

Krista, welcome to the 100 Lb. Club! I, too, tried losing weight a million times. On the one million and one attempt, something clicked with me. Stick around and you'll get some great inspiration from the men and women on this board.

babs2810 11-13-2005 02:39 PM

4 days in!

I thought i would thank everyone for all of the support i have found here. i have worked my way around the site and ive figured alot out.

ive been doing pretty good with cutting back my portions. but yesterday i caught myself eating a large portion of coliflower. anyone got any thoughts on that?? I didnt butter it or sauce it. but i dont know the count on it. any ideas?? or did i mess up?

im really looking forward to monday (thats when ill weigh in) I cleared off my tread mill yesterday. and im ready to get started on my exercise program.

Heather 11-13-2005 08:30 PM

I think you could pretty much eat all the cauliflower you wanted (without butter or sauce) and not have it be a mistake (weightwise). According to nutridiary -- 1 cup (about 100 g) of cauliflower packs a wallop of 25 calories, with 2.5 g of fiber and lots of vitamin C!

Congrats so far!!