Old 11-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #16  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My problem hit me tonight when I was writing an email to a friend.

I've become a non-compliant patient.

When I was first diagnosed w/PKD, you were all here! I had already lost 30 pounds on my own, but the diagnosis was enough to get me to lose another 20.

Then I don't know what happened. A BIG break-up & being laid off. Temping for 18 months. Now I have a full time job where I'm NOT temping, and I still can't get it together.

I had almost given up coffee completely. Then I backslid while still working @ American Cancer Society. They're a great organization, but you would drink 4 cups of coffee, too, during Relay4Life season! It's their biggest event & every summer was stressful processing the donor information, making charts, mailing out thank you's, etc.

Kind of the same thing going on where I work now. They keep gaining new clients, which is great! But at the same time, busybusybusy, no time to plan ahead & lots of different events @ work all involving food. Not healthy food.

I think it will be baby steps for me, too. Otherwise it will be too overwhelming.

I am hereby giving up my second cup of coffee per day.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #17  
Downsizing Dee!

OK - it's time for me to fess up. I haven't exercised one single day this week (even after I publicly declared here that I would). My sister flew in from out of the province with her 1 year old daughter to suprise me and I've been so excited to spend time with them that I totally let the exercise go out the window. I have to learn how to not let situations like this keep me from the big picture.

Hope all is going well with everyone here.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Dee- that sounds like a lot of fun. As long as your remember to get back into it after they leave then it was nothing but a few days without exercise and nothing to be worried.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #19  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I did pretty well with the chocolate this week. I found that the less I eat it the less I crave it.

Suchaprettyface, coffee can be tough to give up. On the plus side, I did see a news story a couple of days ago about a study that showed coffee drinking didn't raise blood pressure.

Jen, sometimes the visiting relatives run us around more than a gym, ha.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:49 PM   #20  
missaprylj

OK, everyone. What is your Monday promise?

I am going to go to Curves and I promise, solemnly, not to eat anything not SBD Phase1 appropriate.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 AM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

My MOnday promise is to stick to my plan 100%! That includes eating my allotted calories, drinking 120 oz of water and doing 30 mninutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #22  
Opulent

Good plans for Monday, Ladies

I will drink a gallon of water, eat what I have planned, get to they gym and burn at least 400 calories through exercise today.
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:28 AM   #23  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Mondays are glorious days! A fresh chance to leave all your blunders behind!

I didn't write down a darn thing last week. My plan is 1800 calories (or less), lots of water and lots of exercise.

But this week I am going to work on making my lunch the night before. When I plan, I succeed and that's what I need to do!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #24  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

My plan is to get back on track. AT LEAST 1200calories, no more than 1600 OP (SBD Phase1). Water water water. Exercise, will be tricky, but I'll make it work. Doing well so far. I discovered that my huge plastic cups hold 32 oz. So...before I can have my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper Caffeine Free, I drink one ENTIRE cup (32oz) of water. That'll get it in there! One down for the day. Chug, chug. Two down (64oz).
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 01:26 PM   #25  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'll keep away from chocolate and take my 30 minute walk every day.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 03:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

My promise to do today is to plan. I have gotten so far off track that I'm going to write me out a plan tonight and sign it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM   #27  

I'm struggling too! I want to join in, please?
My daily struggle is exercise! I even bought a sleek new pair of airmax, but I find myself wearing them out in the street as opposed to burning calories in them.

I am going to walk every day. The problem comes in when I let the morning hours leave me and put it off until the evening. Then of course, when evening sets, I don't feel like it.

I must say, I have finally relinquished my membership to the Clean Plate Club. And I am getting my water in. It's just this one area that I can't move on.

Great thread idea!
r-len is offline   Reply With Quote