3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm not scared anymore (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/67915-im-not-scared-anymore.html)

jenhai 11-05-2005 01:44 PM

I'm not scard / LETS STEP OUT!!!

Ok. I am Bumping myself up w/ this message. I have a new "stepping out of the box" addition. I went to a Super SET class:strong: and to a Turbo Kickboxing :carrot: class this morning. 24HOUR That is a link to my gym's class schedule w/ descriptions. Long and short, it was KICK BUTT. It was enough for me. 2 hours of w/o other than cardio and weight machinces, I am done for the weekend! And on top of all that . . . today is a "extra fine" workout day for me. As in - an extra day for me to become fine. I promise my self 5 days and this is 6. YAY ME!!!! If you have steped or are stepping out the box, let me know about it.

Sheila53 11-05-2005 03:33 PM

Excellent job, jenhai! :bravo:

newfiedarling 11-07-2005 09:58 AM

Way to go Jenhai! That sounds great - I sure wish my budget would allow me to take up some classes like that.

~Dee

Amanda Panda 11-07-2005 04:11 PM

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying Jenhai - but I must agree with your post 100%!

It is really good to hear posts from people who are having really positive experiences from having the courage to join a gym - it was exactly the same for me, yet for so long I was terrified of joining!

I pretty much decided that as soon as I joined I would make full use of the facilities - which meant cardio, weights, pool, sauna and classes - I wanted to get my money's worth! Of course, I was worried about everyone looking at me, but like you say - it is rarely the case and people are focused on their own workout. I just forced myself to go for it - even though inside I just wanted to hide away!

Within a week I tried my first cycle class (spinning) - I was the fattest person there, it was done in front of a big mirror and I couldn't even keep up - but I had THE BEST TIME!! The instructor was lovely and just said 'do what you can' - which I did, and over a month I built up and now do 2 advanced classes a week! The boost this has given to my confidence is ENORMOUS - I have always stopped myself from trying new things for fear of looking foolish, but I now realise that it is only by challenging ourselves in these ways that we grow in confidence and self esteem.

The gym is now a second home for me and I do not feel uncomfortable at all - sometimes if I feel I need a boost, I'll try a new class just for the thrill of it, because I feel so proud of myself after! Plus, shaking up your workout regularly really helps your weight loss!

Good for you for stepping out and valuing yourself!

Love Amanda x

jenhai 11-07-2005 06:17 PM

Hey Guys -

Sheila - Thanks . . so much

newfiedarling - speaking of budget . . . It is a big deal for us to strech to pay the gym each month. But, my hubby really loves working out and wants to revisit the weightloss of a past day! And I really like that they have a fun play area for my little one. So, it is a nice $ that we pay (over time) but I see it as an investment in our future. If we don't pay, go and get into shape now (and stay in shape) our son (3yo) will be worried about our long term care and nursing home bills when he grows up. So, we just dec'd to pay the 65$ a month to save ourselves healthcare bills (now). Diabetes, heart disease related issues run in both our families. So, it is kinda like an extra that we now feel is well justified. So, maybe you may find a way to S___T___R___E ____C____H your budget to make it happen. But, I also know how that budget streching is hard. Keep up what you are doing now and then just come up w/ more economical ways of changing up what your doing. But, I know you don't need pointers from me because you are already doing great on your own. :cp:

Amanda Panda - Thanks for much for noticing this little thread. You know, it is amazing how just a slight change in behavior makes a difference. About the spinning. I did it a couple of years ago at the local YMCA! It was a killer. I vowed to myself never to try it again. But at your positive raves about it, I am going to check into it. OK HERE IT IS. There are spinning classes at my gym everyday (I think). So, I promise here that I will try to SPINN at least once before the year is out. Amanda, check in to make sure I do it? ACCOUNTABILIY . . .plEASE? Thanks you have now helped me. Jenh-ai

activeadventurer 11-07-2005 08:00 PM

Just found you guys today. I have been a "lifter" on and off for about the last 8 years (mostly on) and for some years before that also. I was a fairly serious bicycler in my youth (one spring and summer I road 6000 miles) which I can't even fathom now.

The thing I discovered this year at my gym was cardio!!! I love it and have worked up to an hour at a time. It really helps physically and emotinally and love that I get lost in the rhythm of it. I think I will add in more lifting later this year or next but for now it's cardio, cardio, cardio.

Amanda Panda 11-12-2005 03:40 PM

Couldn't agree more active adventurer - for me it's all about the cardio! I just love the high you get, and I agree that you can totally lose yourself in it!!

Jenhai - You are right spinning is a killer class - but there is nothing that compares to it for weight loss (IMO). I went to one today and boy was it tough - you do not want to see me after an advanced spinning class - I look such a wreck, but I feel great! I know a class is challenging me and making me work out at my absolute peak level, when I am swearing under my breath at the instructor for making me do yet another long sprint! :lol: It is not an easy class AT ALL, but that makes me feel all the more proud of myself for doing it! The thing is just to do what you can, e.g keep the resistance a little lower, or don't sprint quite as fast, until you build up. It doesn't take long at all - I think it took about 6 or 7 classes before I could complete the whole thing. If you love the high you get from intense cardio, then spinning is your thing baby! Let me know how it goes - I'll be cheering you on!

Love Amanda x