3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 11-06-2005, 06:33 PM   #16
missaprylj

I just feel good. Let's have that count.

Also, I went out to eat 4 times over the weekend and stayed OP all 4 times!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:50 PM   #17
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Isn't it exciting to actually SEE yourself in smaller clothing, Shannon? I always get a huge smile on my face when I read that other people are discovering how good it feels.

The plane seat NSV is one I'm looking forward to experiencing next year when I fly to the UK, YP1. And a bikini, eh? I bet you looked like one HOT chickie!

I LOVE your NSV, Apryl! Oh, and staying OP when eating out is cool too!
  • Previous High Weight of 247 (Oct 2005)
  • No longer morbidly obese at 232
  • Quit-Smoking Weight of 224 (Jan 2008)
  • Return to Onederland
  • Previous Low Weight of 177 (April 2006)
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:34 PM   #18
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Great NSV everyone. Here is another one for fitting in a chair. I can now share my seat with one of my favorite girls.

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever
you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #19
One pound at a time...

Looking good Howie with the girls!

ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #20
Downsizing Dee!

I have one! I went to a party on the weekend and realized that I wasn't the biggest person in the room. It felt sooooo good.

~Dee

Ultimate Goal
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #21
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

"ONE" of your favourite girls? Howie, you little .

Good one, Dee! I wonder if we'll ever stop scanning the room to check this one out....
  • Previous High Weight of 247 (Oct 2005)
  • No longer morbidly obese at 232
  • Quit-Smoking Weight of 224 (Jan 2008)
  • Return to Onederland
  • Previous Low Weight of 177 (April 2006)
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #22

Oh Dee that is awesome! I can't wait until I go somewhere that I am not the largest person in the room. This is a motivator for me!

Went to visit my daughter this week end and we hiked to a waterfall and I made it!!

I'm with you on can't wait until the day I can cross my legs again!

I too broke down and bought a new pair of jeans went down to a twenty so I was so excited!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #23
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

These are all awesome! Mine is more like a change in strategy. I started using waist and hip measurements instead of pounds to track my progress. Seems so much less intimidating
Healthy nutrition, exercise and stress reduction are my #1 priorities

activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #24
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

These are all so motivating. ActiveAdventurer, a friend of mine uses waist and hip measurements to track her progress too. She measures monthly and gets on the scale only every other month. I know I could never do that! Being able to weigh in weekly is something I almost look forward to and is a motivator to stay OP. I measure monthly now though as well, to see the inches melting away. That way, if I've had a hard month before, I measure, and see the loss of inches and know I'm making progress even if the scale doesn't show much movement! Congratulations, by the way, on your 13 inch loss. That's fabulous.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 12:51 PM   #25
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I have another one. Kimberley was cleaning yesterday and rearranged the office. So I do not have my normal spot for putting the laptop. We have one of those lap trays so I decided to use it. This is the first time I have ever been able to use one of these things and put the legs out like it is supposed to be. These things are pretty nice when you can use them the way they are meant to be.

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever
you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 PM   #26
the muse of memory

Love the lap-tray victory AND the hiking victory. I want to do some hiking next spring. We'll see.

ANYway, my NSV came this weekend. My little brother is a freshman at OSU and my mom bought us tickets to the OSU-Illinois game. So, I went to Columbus for the weekend to visit kid brother and take him to the football game. Had to park so far away, then walk alot - to meet him at his dorm, then to go the Skull Session, which he wanted to see, back to my car to get some stuff I had for him, back to his dorm, and finally to the stadium. Then, had to climb up all those stairs since our seats were really high up - and squeeze around all those people to find our seats.

Blah blah blah. Until this summer, it had been years since I went to a sporting event. It was too uncomfortable and taxing, and the chair/seat/walking over people issues were always there. So, going to the football game was a real victory for me. I kept up with the kid brother and felt great, and managed all the stairs without needing a break. (Though I was exhausted by the time we reached our nosebleed seats!)

Another victory from the weekend: I grabbed breakfast/lunch at some café on Saturday and it was such a nice day. They had some outdoor metal seats, with arms that might have made me think twice about eating outside before. Not this time. What a nice lunch and a great feeling!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #27
Big Ol' loser

Going to a hockey game - and so far don't have anxiety about the seats! thats huge for me because another of the many reasons for this particular journey was the walmart jeans, not wanting to got a concert with my husband and sitting at home alone because he took the oldest son with him.
We are going as a family and it will be alot of fun!!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #28

S/C/G: 261/148/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

What great NSVs! It's a fabulous feeling when we realize we can fit into seats we couldn't previously fit. Way to go, everyone!

The grand essentials of happiness are something to do, something to love and something to hope for - A. K. Chalmers.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #29
Linda

Height: 5'0"

My tiny victory for today, is that I found somewhere in myself the nerve to get on my treadmill for the first time since August

Way to go everyone!!!

Linda
Old 11-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #30

My sister recently cleaned out her closet and dropped a lot of clothes she doesn't wear off for me. Now, she has always been thin. Her "fat" clothes are 8's, if that. I actually didn't think I'd be able to wear any of it. But, I accepted them because I thought it would give me something to work towards. Imagine my surprise when the 6's she had in the bags fit just right! I knew my 8's were getting loose but I certainly didn't think I had dropped a size. Just for fun I tried on some of the 4's. Okay, they didn't fit - but they went on and surely that counts for something!

I ended with a few NSV's all rolled into one. First of all the fact that I wiggled into a 4 (even if I couldn't button or zip it) got me excited about losing again which means maybe I'll find the gumption I need to finally tackle these last 15 pounds. Second, remembering how she looked in some of these clothes gave me a little insight into my actual size (I'm still fighting some body image issues), and finally - WooHoo - two big bags of free clothes (a lot of them even still have the tags!).

lucky is offline   Reply With Quote