Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (31 Oct-6 Nov)

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hope you're feeling better, rabidstoat.

I'm away off to Calgary later this evening where I'll be dining on Subway sarnies most of the time. I might even pre-weigh my cereal and raisins to take with me so I can have a decent, healthy brekkie. I'm not sure if I'll be able to post before my return on Friday.

Hope you all have a smashing week!

Sun 30/10:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk.
    Late-Morning: Shake (6 oz banana, 2 oz bluberries, ½ cup 2% plain yogurt).
    Mid-Agternoon: 3 sushi maki rolls, salad (red cabbage, carrot, onion, tomato); 1 l water.
    Snack: 1 square Green & Black's 70% organic chocolate.
    Dinner: 5 oz chicken breast (grilled), 1½ cups rice, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes; 1 l water.
    Snack: Small organic veggie cake; 500 ml water.
    Extra Drinks: 500 ml coffee with 2 tblsp. half & half, ½ cup 0% milk, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1508 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None.
  • Hope you have a good week too!

I came into work today & someone (a well meaning coworker) left a bag of goodies on my desk!!!)

Today:

4 swallows cold coffee @ home

1 peanut butter cup
    1 packet peanut M&M's
    1 small box orange tangerine juicy juice
    2 truffle-style pieces of chocolate.
    1 cup coffee, w/soymilk

1 cobb salad
    2 T buttermilk ranch dressing
    20oz water
    1 cup lemon ginseng green tea

1 6inch turkey, provolone, mayo, extra spinach, tomato, green pepper, onion, black olive sub on whole wheat bread
    1 bag chips
    20oz water

2 cups beef chili
    1/2 serving carrot ricotta soup
    1-2 oz marble jack cheese
    2-4 oz homemade pumpkin seeds
  • I woke up late but grabbed some lunch meat instead of making tuna.

I didn't goto the grocery store either

So far I've had a bagel, a bottle of water, yogurt, baked lays, a low fat ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat. (no carrots today!) another bottle of water and now I'm eating a banana. I think I'm eating too much I feel like I've been eating every hour but today is busy at work and I'm stressed!!
    Tonight we are doing soup and sandwiches because of trick or treating!
  • Monday:
    • yogurt
    • 4 mini peanut butter cups, 3 peanut butter hershey kisses, 1 kitkat, 2 3Musketeers, and a fun-size butterfinger bar (all figured into my FitDay totals for the day!)
    • sandwich (ham, swiss, lettuce, miracle whip, and honey mustard on reduced-calorie white bread)
    • Smartfood popcorn
    • Special K bar
    • pulled pork and swiss w/wheat rolls
    Total: about 1800 calories and way high in fat thanks to the candy
  • Hi folks,

Hope you are having a great time dishy and welcome home rabidstoat. Food has been good except fot that one "danish lunch". I would like to cut down or out the snacking that I do at my new job. There is tons of junk food everywhere. Part of my job is to replenish the candy dish with bags of candy I keep in my desk!!! So far I have been very moderate in my intake but want to cut it to zero and drink more water. I would like to commit to water only or one mini treat for tomorrow. I can't say I have been doing that well with exercise. I haven't been to the gym in 3-4 days. I am sure it is that success thing with the LMT. (Thanks for your post Jillybean) I am giving myself an extra week to finish up. Posting really helps.

See ya,
    Denise
  • It's funny, we have tons of candy at work too. And almost all of us are trying to lose weight. It makes no sense! I've finally weaned myself off the candy dish, if I want candy I go downstairs and buy a full candy bar. Sure, it's more candy, but it seems like eating candy. Otherwise it seems like I'm just 'snacking' and I'll eat like a dozen little ones.

But anyway....

Breakfast
    Weight Control Quaker Oats oatmeal (tasted terrible! I'm thinking of giving it to trick-or-treaters )
    Fruit and yogurt parfait from McD's

Lunch
    Healthy Choice (whiskey grilled steak)

Snack
    Small angel food smoothie

Dinner
    7 oz tilapia, with a Thai peanut coating
    1 cup couscous with mixed veggies

Trick or treat
    Snack sized Snickers

Exercise: 30 minutes on the bike
    What I watched: Show on prison boot camp
    Calories: About 1600

And I still feel sick. It's a cold or something, congested, sore throat, headache, all of that.
  • Tuesday:
    • Carnation instant breakfast w/1% milk
    • Special K bar
    • instant oatmeal
    • Healthy Choice chicken tortilla soup
    • Smartfood popcorn
    • dinner yet TBD (but it will be chicken and something since I took the chicken out of the freezer this morning!)
    Total: without dinner included, 700 calories. Will update with dinner later.
  • I'm going to give this a try again. It really helps to be accountable.

11/1/05
    210 - Mint Zone Perfect Bar
    100 - Soy Crisp Minis
    450 - Grilled Chicken Teriaki Rice Bowl
    50 - Pretzels
    70 - Oranges
  • Hi Sandi! glad to see you
  • Hi Sandi welcome back. Posting here really helps!
  • Poor nutrition day today. Leftover Halloween candy, and being sick in bed munching on popcorn all afternoon, did me in. But calorie-wise, not horrible.

Breakfast
    Lowfat yogurt with granola

Lunch
    Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's, with croutons and LF honey mustard dressing
    1 fun size Milky Way

Afternoon grazing
    Entire bag of butter flavor popcorn
    6 tootsie rolls

Dinner
    Shrimp creole over brown rice

No exercise, feeling sick. Calories were around 1960.
  • Halloween
    I listed my a.m. stuff.
    Came home had the harvest mix, had the choc icing off a cupcake, ate a kit kat...I was so bad but not as bad as today

I am off work today...didn't go to the store until tonight.

I stopped at sonic for ds2 this a.m. and thought I get a breakfast tortilla oh and he'd like one too...and he loves hashbrowns too. Well he did eat the hasbrowns I had like 4. But he didn't care for the tortilla so guess what? I ate it 26 points basically right there.
    I didn't write it down.

Had a sandwich for lunch- 4 points

ate a bagel

dinner had green beans, small serving potatoes and roast beef

I'm guessing I had 50 points

But I have gone to the store finally. I got all the things I need to succeed. So hopefully with the walk last night and the planned meals I will do good. I planned my meals with a meat, a starch and a vege for dinner(except tues)
    Why I didn't go to walmart on sunday I'll never know but the time threw me off whack!
  • Today was just horrible. Worse than Saturday.

It was our Halloween Potluck @ work. I ate crap all day, thinking I would get a Shrimp Salad @ Burger King on the way home to redeem myself.

BURGER KING NO LONGER OFFERS THEIR DELICIOUS GARDEN SALAD W/HOT SHRIMPS IN A POUCH TO PUT ON IT, ALONG W/BALSAMIC TOMATO DRESSING.

JERKS.

Tomorrow will be better. Can't get much worse!
  • Ok, I'm back again. I've had a bit of a rough time, first the friend, then "suspicious tissue" on my first mammogram. Since it was my first, they had nothing to compare it too, I spent a few hysterical days waiting for the 2nd round, only to be told yesterday that everything is fine.

I'm not sure I'll ever get back the years of my life that I lost freaking out for the past few days!

The good news is, that although I did eat a little more than usual for me, I've stayed exactly the same on the scale, so I can just move on now. This is huge for me. Before this weight loss attempt, the month of October I just went through would have caused me give up completely and when I came to my senses - if I came to my senses, it would have been at least January and I would have gained something like 25+lbs. I can now honestly say if I could do it, anyone can!

So I'll be on tomorrow with my food from today.

Have a good day everyone!
  • Yesterday was a bit of a disaster. I was fine all day till dinner--chicken breast (good), pierogies (not so bad), soda (not diet!), and about 5 fun-size 3 Musketeers bars and 2 KitKats
    I've already started today off poorly--
    • cocoa puffs w/1% milk
    • handful of peanut butter Hershey kisses
    • handful of mini reese's peanut butter cups
    I also didn't pack my lunch, and I don't feel particularly well today. I think I'm going to try to leave work early so I don't eat anything bad from the cafeteria and can go home and rest to prevent what feels like a cold coming on from slamming me!