3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Christmas Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/67747-christmas-challenge.html)

Charbar 10-31-2005 08:18 AM

Christmas Challenge

Forgive me if there is already a christmas thread - I looked over the past few days. I know there was a holiday one started by Sheila53 - but I wanted to know if anyone wanted to join me for weight? We have just less then 8 weeks till Christmas (wow!)

I want to be realistic here... with all the parties and such. 1 lb a week

so.. 8 more lbs till Christmas. :D

frankiesgirl 10-31-2005 09:18 AM

xmas

would love to join you in this challenge, had already set myself xmas as a goal - but it would really give me some motivation and support to get on and do it with someone else!!
I have also set myself a small and realistic target of 14lbs, so hopefully i can reach this goal. I have already lost 2lbs of this target, so have in fact 12lbs to go! Heres to our challenge!!

Charbar 10-31-2005 09:59 AM

frankiesgirl - yep.. we need to be realistic for the next two months. Between Christmas and newyears I'd be happy maintaining :)
I noticed you are in the falkland islands.. cool! how is the weather there?

DishyFishy 10-31-2005 10:01 AM

:goodluck: to you both, and anyone else who takes up the challenge! :)

I won't be joining you, though I have to admit it's difficult to resist. Time-bound weight challenges end up doing me more harm than good. :(

Keillynsmom 10-31-2005 11:25 AM

Hey, Dana,

I'm in. I need something to spark off of. I'm going to try for 2 lbs a week (I've been off my low carbness for a while, so there's some water weight there); I want to stretch things a little to keep focus.

mousie 10-31-2005 11:42 AM

Hey, I'd love to jump in here too! Count me in for 1 pound a week!

goalnorolls 10-31-2005 11:59 AM

I am in! I will do it!

SwimGirl 10-31-2005 12:11 PM

I am in too, I haven't decided how much yet... I'll give that some thought! I don't go to Christmas Parties, and am doing christmas in Seattle on the 27th-29th, so less family eating!

Goodluck to us all!!

-Aimee

kykaree 10-31-2005 12:48 PM

I've pledged 5 for New Years Even on the UK thread, so it's five on this one too, or is that 2.5 each??? LOL I'll be pretty much maintaining in December, I have something on every week, the trick will be not spilling over the "fun" eating into the other days!

newfiedarling 11-01-2005 07:44 AM

I'm up for it. I'm challenging myself to lose another 10 pounds by Christmas (15 if I really work for it). I don't think I'll have any trouble with that - it's the week between Christmas and New Year's that will be the problem lol.

~Dee

goalnorolls 11-01-2005 07:58 AM

I don't have anything except Christmas day for December.
New Years is what hurts me. Our aunt makes the best springrolls!
we eat and eat and eat those- normally. She learned to make them when they were stationed in Japan and wow!
And the other weakness is the fudge she makes for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

missaprylj 11-01-2005 04:59 PM

Eight weeks! My goodness! That certainly is close... :o